Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Number: TSB 23-017-19
Group: 23 - Body
Date: May 23, 2019
Subject: Rear Seat Back Squeak
Overview: This bulletin involves lubricating the plastic overmold area on both rear seat latches

JT_tsb_23_017_19_page_1.jpg
JT_tsb_23_017_19_page_2.jpg
JT_tsb_23_017_19_page_3.jpg
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I had a terrible squeak/pop noise from the passenger rear. It would drive me mad, especially on rough roads. Turns out the hard top wasn't perfectly square on the body when they torqued it down on the line. I had to loosen all the bolts, shift the top a few millimeters, and re-torque to spec. Noise gone.

nooch135

First Name
Nooch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Divemaster, Cigar Smoker, Trouble Maker
Too funny. I've had a squeak for about three weeks that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I could tell it was coming from the rear seat area. Since I couldn't pin point it myself while driving, I asked my wife to sit in the back seat to see if she could find it while we were driving. Of course with her on the rear seat the damn thing wouldn't squeak. I saw this bulletin and put some lube on the area as described in the bulletin. Yep....no more squeaks!!!

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Too funny. I've had a squeak for about three weeks that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I could tell it was coming from the rear seat area. Since I couldn't pin point it myself while driving, I asked my wife to sit in the back seat to see if she could find it while we were driving. Of course with her on the rear seat the damn thing wouldn't squeak. I saw this bulletin and put some lube on the area as described in the bulletin. Yep....no more squeaks!!!
me too, thought it was my jumper cables, I'll add some grease this weekend,
Sponsored