bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
The more I look into this, the more tempted I am to go with the Warn Elite. It includes an integrated winch plate, and therefore winds up being about $250 cheaper. Plus, I like the looks and it would be more original.
Sure, there are tons of options more and less expensive, nothing wrong with it.

I am a fan of "factory" accessories and have already had one of these bumpers. I like the way they look and work, and this thread is to help those who also want one.

By no means am I suggesting this bumper is the end all be all bumper.
Sponsored

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Just received bumper from BAM. Packaged really well. Only one small cosmetic issue with a plastic piece that should be easy to replace if they don’t respond. Overall good experience and ready as soon as I get my JTR in a couple weeks.

DC25633F-5454-46D5-85BC-45CF900C624C.jpeg

77669B84-B10A-40DE-9FDA-3CFBECBD357E.jpeg

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Just received bumper from BAM. Packaged really well. Only one small cosmetic issue with a plastic piece that should be easy to replace if they don’t respond. Overall good experience and ready as soon as I get my JTR in a couple weeks.

DC25633F-5454-46D5-85BC-45CF900C624C.jpeg

77669B84-B10A-40DE-9FDA-3CFBECBD357E.jpeg
I ll update my post later, but you will not need the rivnuts I posted a link to, it bolts right up. There is also a filler piece that goes between the back of the bumper and the grille that I will post a link to.

Are you going to use the skid it comes with?

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
I ll update my post later, but you will not need the rivnuts I posted a link to, it bolts right up. There is also a filler piece that goes between the back of the bumper and the grille that I will post a link to.

Are you going to use the skid it comes with?
I did order the skid, rivnuts and bolts you posted earlier but haven’t received them yet. No big deal if I’m out $8 for unused rivnuts. I finally got Jeep this weekend. There is already a filler piece just behind top of stock bumper. You don’t think it’s same?

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I did order the skid, rivnuts and bolts you posted earlier but haven’t received them yet. No big deal if I’m out $8 for unused rivnuts. I finally got Jeep this weekend. There is already a filler piece just behind top of stock bumper. You don’t think it’s same?
It's not the same filler piece this is what you want : https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-closure-panel-6bu43rxfab $23.36

The plastic one that comes with the PPOS bumper does not even come close

Here is the page of front bumper(s) and associated parts, the last bumper is what you are looking for:
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/v...3-6l-v6-gas/body--bumper-and-components-front

Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
It's not the same filler piece this is what you want : https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-closure-panel-6bu43rxfab $23.36

Here is the page of front bumper(s) and associated parts, the last bumper is what you are looking for:
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/v...3-6l-v6-gas/body--bumper-and-components-front
Am I reading correctly that they want $850 for a winch mounting plate and brackets?
On top of a $1300 bumper. Are they taking lessons from AEV?

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Am I reading correctly that they want $850 for a winch mounting plate and brackets?
On top of a $1300 bumper. Are they taking lessons from AEV?
This is not one stop shopping. A winch plate will be $200-350 depending on where you get it and whose it is.

That said the Mopar winch capable bumper is not the low cost solution if that is your goal.

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR

Thanks. This is starting to seem like a never ending list of parts.

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Thanks. This is starting to seem like a never ending list of parts.
It's certainly a better deal at $695 when the Italians let you order it.

But, this is part of the fun, even if it is expense. Helping people navigate to where they want to be, commiserating, and finding union with your machine.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
I ordered the steel bumper via Bam also but did not go with the skid plate. I will be mounting a Warn winch in it using a Warn mounting plate. As best as I can tell as I don't have it yet, the Warn mounting plate ties the fairlead to the mounting plate itself so winching at any angle will not be an issue without the skid plate tied to the bumper. If it doesn't tie together as I'm assuming then I'll order the other skid plate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So I finally got all my bolts and bits and went to install the skid pan today.

The bracketry that comes with the Rubicon PPOS bumper skid DOES NOT work with the correct skid for the steel bumper.

Currently my skid is mounted only to the bumper and I have ordered what I believe to be the correct brackets, but I'm not going to link anything until I am certain.

Tentative good news is if I ordered the right shit they are cheap @$8 each x2.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
So I finally got all my bolts and bits and went to install the skid pan today.

The bracketry that comes with the Rubicon PPOS bumper skid DOES NOT work with the correct skid for the steel bumper.

Currently my skid is mounted only to the bumper and I have ordered what I believe to be the correct brackets, but I'm not going to link anything until I am certain.

Tentative good news is if I ordered the right shit they are cheap @$8 each x2.
Thanks for the info thus far. Let us know what you find out. I am going to place my order soon and appreciate the info.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the steel bumper via Bam also but did not go with the skid plate. I will be mounting a Warn winch in it using a Warn mounting plate. As best as I can tell as I don't have it yet, the Warn mounting plate ties the fairlead to the mounting plate itself so winching at any angle will not be an issue without the skid plate tied to the bumper. If it doesn't tie together as I'm assuming then I'll order the other skid plate.
So the steel bumper along with the Warn winch carrier does support the winch fairlead, it is all bolted together so winching at angles are no issue. But the skid plate that came with the plastic bumper will not bolt up without major cutting so I'm ordering the skid plate also.

In hindsight I wish I had waited for an aftermarket bumper that I like. After buying the steel bumper at Bam, the Warn winch plate, warn grill guard, and now a skidplate I'm into it for nearly $1300!! It's a decent deal if you get it on the JT when ordered but I feel there are better bumpers available if you're looking to spend $1300 or so

OP
OP
bgenlvtex

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So the steel bumper along with the Warn winch carrier does support the winch fairlead, it is all bolted together so winching at angles are no issue. But the skid plate that came with the plastic bumper will not bolt up without major cutting so I'm ordering the skid plate also.

In hindsight I wish I had waited for an aftermarket bumper that I like. After buying the steel bumper at Bam, the Warn winch plate, warn grill guard, and now a skidplate I'm into it for nearly $1300!! It's a decent deal if you get it on the JT when ordered but I feel there are better bumpers available if you're looking to spend $1300 or so
You're going to need 5 bolts to attach the skid to the bumper and the 2 brackets that connect the skid to the frame horn also.

I am waiting on the brackets now and when I know for a fact they are correct I'll post part numbers and links.

If you want to roll the dice say so and I will give you the part numbers.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're going to need 5 bolts to attach the skid to the bumper and the 2 brackets that connect the skid to the frame horn also.

I am waiting on the brackets now and when I know for a fact they are correct I'll post part numbers and links.

If you want to roll the dice say so and I will give you the part numbers.

At $8 ea I'll roll the dice, in too deep to give up now!!
Sponsored