Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have an idea on how to route the CB antenna wire coax through the firewall on my JT on the passenger side of the cab? I prefer not drilling any holes but wasn't sure if there's a way to feed the antenna wire into the engine bay.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have an idea on how to route the CB antenna wire coax through the firewall on my JT on the passenger side of the cab? I prefer not drilling any holes but wasn't sure if there's a way to feed the antenna wire into the engine bay.
From what I've read, it's easier to get through on the driver's side. There's supposed to be a plug there in a hole that can be used. I'm going to be running some wires through, but haven't actually looked at it yet.

OP
OP
wobe2020

wobe2020

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've read, it's easier to get through on the driver's side. There's supposed to be a plug there in a hole that can be used. I'm going to be running some wires through, but haven't actually looked at it yet.
I'm familiar with that plug hole, it's the hole where the clutch pedal is supposed to be if you have an automatic, I was hoping someone was familiar with one somewhere on the passenger side.

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I used a glass mount antenna, no holes and simple wiring power drop off the passenger battery drop with fuse.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

Gunlovebirds1024

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Depending on your floor mats and carpet, could use the drain hole.

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
Depending on your floor mats and carpet, could use the drain hole.
I used the drain plug for now on the drivers side, ran it along the top of the frame rail. The antenna mount I got suggested it and came with a new grommet for the drain hole.

I want to push the slush mats through the drain hole next spring, so I’ll have to come up with something different, but it works fine for now.

It’s also super easy to push the cable behind the infotainment system to get it from driver side to passenger side, roomy enough back there that I didn’t need to use a wire puller. Incase that’s the reason for coming in passenger side.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
There’s a rubber grommet with a big wire loom running trough it up above the carpet behind the heater core on the passenger side. I used it to run my antenna cable through it. Took longer than I wanted to due to its got an inside and outside rubber to go through. Also would have been easier without a fender liner.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
There’s a rubber grommet with a big wire loom running trough it up above the carpet behind the heater core on the passenger side. I used it to run my antenna cable through it. Took longer than I wanted to due to its got an inside and outside rubber to go through. Also would have been easier without a fender liner.
Yes, this. Basically I used a wire coat hanger to shove through the grommet under the dash on the passenger side. White so I could see it. Once I made it through (two pops, one inside and one exterior grommet) I crawled under the back side of the passenger tire. You can look up if you pull the fender liner back a bit and see where the coat hanger went through. I bent a loop in it, hooked my looped antenna and power lead through it and taped it all down really good. Back in the passenger compartment I bent a handle in the coat hanger and pulled real hard and it came back through.

pbrevo64

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Project Manager
Don't have a CB yet, but I am planning on trying to run my wire through the plastic plug under the carpet, about 6" forward of the drain plug. I ran my wiring for auxiliary reverse lights through that on the passenger side and haven't had any issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wobe2020

wobe2020

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm familiar with that plug hole, it's the hole where the clutch pedal is supposed to be if you have an automatic, I was hoping someone was familiar with one somewhere on the passenger side.
Don't have a CB yet, but I am planning on trying to run my wire through the plastic plug under the carpet, about 6" forward of the drain plug. I ran my wiring for auxiliary reverse lights through that on the passenger side and haven't had any issues.

OP
OP
wobe2020

wobe2020

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I finally decided to run the wire through the clutch plug on the drivers side under the dash, beware that you will need 25'-27' of coaxial cable if you mount the antenna on the drivers side of the rear bumper.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The Quadratec JLJT-CBFMK Stainless Steel Fender Mount CB Antenna Kit directions have you attach the antenna cable to the shielded wires on the inner fender. There is a rubber plug just under the drivers seat - exactly where the body seam is. Shielded wires run just under the plug. If you put your hand under the drivers seat and lift up the carpet, you can see it. Use an identical rubber plug with a hole in it, and then it is easy to route the wire under the carpet to the center counsel. The kit also gives you a heat resistant cover and stainless zip ties to put over the antenna cable because the cable is close to the exhaust.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The Quadratec JLJT-CBFMK Stainless Steel Fender Mount CB Antenna Kit directions have you attach the antenna cable to the shielded wires on the inner fender. There is a rubber plug just under the drivers seat - exactly where the body seam is. Shielded wires run just under the plug. If you put your hand under the drivers seat and lift up the carpet, you can see it. Use an identical rubber plug with a hole in it, and then it is easy to route the wire under the carpet to the center counsel. The kit also gives you a heat resistant cover and stainless zip ties to put over the antenna cable because the cable is close to the exhaust.
Here are some pics of the installation. I stuck some gray velcro fuzzy side tape on the bottom of the antenna mount to avoid any marks on the paint. I got a really good ground, I check it with the multi-meter. Mount is very sturdy, very level (can be adjusted) and routing the cable with the heat protection inside the frame is easy. Very portable handheld inside the Gladiator. I will only mount up the handheld when I need it.

OJBqm3.jpg

cIEqTv.jpg

UdpBYj.jpg

RvmrH8.jpg

pYzjCC.jpg

nIlTgO.jpg

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I used the Quadratec kit and ignored the instructions. Ran the coax along the outside of the engine compartment, behind the plastic corner shield, into the cabin by way of some handy foam at the corner of the windshield, then down through the panels, under the dash, to the center console.

Had to lower the windshield to do the routing but it's clean.
Sponsored