2020 Gladiator Mojave Window Sticker and Hands-On Comparison vs Rubicon

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
You’re so correct! The poor sales and plethora of Gladiator inventory 100% prove that!
Haha.... keep on driving (or pushing) your Nissan, dude....

If these Jeeps were $100k, would i be pissed? Ya, probably, but only because i couldn't afford one.

Would i begrudge FCA for for seeking the maximum price point? Never in a million years, and neither should you.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
anyone else catch that it doesn't get the steel rear bumper either? (at least per this screenshot in their review video). guessing this is to reduce weight for better suspension response.

The rubicon (red model below) steel bumper has more vertical walls by the sides of the license plate indentation.

Capture.JPG

View attachment 68718

ZCKL736EFUJYUD6OFSJUSXYZPE-600.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
Haha.... keep on driving (or pushing) your Nissan, dude....

If these Jeeps were $100k, would i be pissed? Ya, probably, but only because i couldn't afford one.

Would i begrudge FCA for for seeking the maximum price point? Never in a million years, and neither should you.
Nissan? I don’t have a Nissan, but nice try fella. I actually have a Wrangler and another non Nissan vehicle.

I’m pro capitalism. My issue is a $50k Gladiator that doesn’t come with basic safety features that most $25k vehicles come with standard. I don’t begrudge FCA, necessarily. I think they missed the mark. One could say they are asking beyond the maximum price point. Proof is in the sales figures and the dusty Gladiators sitting on the lot. Prove me wrong. Just be happy you are driving a unique vehicle. That’s always the #1 argument when people own a sales loser.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Nissan? I don’t have a Nissan, but nice try fella. I actually have a Wrangler and another non Nissan vehicle.

I’m pro capitalism. My issue is a $50k Gladiator that doesn’t come with basic safety features that most $25k vehicles come with standard. I don’t begrudge FCA, necessarily. I think they missed the mark. One could say they are asking beyond the maximum price point. Proof is in the sales figures and the dusty Gladiators sitting on the lot. Prove me wrong. Just be happy you are driving a unique vehicle. That’s always the #1 argument when people own a sales loser.
good post.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator

Nah, we are fine, you and i, and i am happy to eat a big slice of that humble pie. In my haste, your post seemed similar to that of a troll's.

I just didn't think the Gladiator was that overly- priced foresee what it's capable of and how it's all packaged... I'm sure you are right in your suggestion that if they lowered the msrp a skosh, then they'd find their units sold faster.

Still, that all said, if i had $55k cash, I'd take the Gladiator over a Tundra, a 4 Runner, Land Cruiser, Land Rover, Lexus GX, et al.... always been a Jeep guy and can't really explain why. The motorcycle marketplace is very similar in nature. I have friends riding $40,000 CVO HD's... you could buy two Asian-made bikes for that... yet these guys are happy and in the final analysis, that's what matters.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
IIRC, the JLs were criticized in 2018 for costing about $3k more than the equivalent JK. Here we are more than two years later. Sticker (retail) on my JT Sport S max tow was almost the same as my 2017 JKU Recon. The Recon had lockers, rock rails, leather, steel bumpers, 5 speed auto, etc. The JT has the aux switches, larger 7", Alpine, double the towing capacity, 8 speed auto. So, the Recon was more "deluxe" or "Loaded" in some respects, but the JT has some functional advantages. If I had chosen a Rubicon, it would have cost what, $5k more? I don't see that as being hugely overpriced vs. JKU or JLU models in the last few years.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
lol, spoken like a current JK owner, lol.
I don’t even know what that means. Lol, perhaps you can explain your logic, lol.

I love my JK! It sits pretty in the fourth bay. Naked all year long and only taken out on nice days. When it came time to plunking down $60k I chose something else. I couldn’t stand paying $60k for an old and tired v6. Reliable, but inadequate. I’d love to combine a couple of vehicles into the Gladiator, but couldn’t swallow having the same engine my JK has in something that weighs much more.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
otw back from the mountains this weekend we saw a jl hauling a trailer with no more than 3 cooler sized containers, couldn't help but smirk

Sponsored

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Re-reading the Mojave page on Jeep's website, it says "available rugged step sand sliders". Whether or not it was implied they were standard when the Mojave was announced, I can't say.
Thanks, Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something . I ordered Mojave march 6th. It Didn't even occur to me it wouldn't have the step when I ordered. Oh well

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I don’t even know what that means. Lol, perhaps you can explain your logic, lol.

I love my JK! It sits pretty in the fourth bay. Naked all year long and only taken out on nice days. When it came time to plunking down $60k I chose something else. I couldn’t stand paying $60k for an old and tired v6. Reliable, but inadequate. I’d love to combine a couple of vehicles into the Gladiator, but couldn’t swallow having the same engine my JK has in something that weighs much more.
Hah. Old and tired V6? That's how I felt about the 3.8l on my JKU Rubicon. Even with stock tires, 6 speed manual, and 4.10 gears it struggled. The 3.6l is fine, it never feels inadequate. I liked the power of the 3.6l in my 2017 Canyon better, but I only really notice a difference when I floor it and it goes over 4k RPM. The Canyon was noticeably more powerful there. That was a more modern V6 with direct injection, cylinder deactivation, and more power/liter. The 3.6l in the Gladiator sounds a lot better though so that almost makes up for it IMO. I never liked the sound of that GM 3.6l. Back to your point, the Jeep's 3.6l doesn't have cylinder deactivation or DI, so less stuff to go wrong. My 2 cents.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The 3.6 in my JT sure doesn't feel like the same tired V6 that was in my JKU. FCA may have refined it some, but the 8 speed helps a lot--a lot. More first gear, more overdrives, tighter spacing between gears to keep the engine in the power band.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Will it handle potholes better at 50 mph than other versions?
The Rubicon floats over pot holes like an old Cadillac, so, they are almost non-existent.
Hah. Old and tired V6? That's how I felt about the 3.8l on my JKU Rubicon. Even with stock tires, 6 speed manual, and 4.10 gears it struggled. The 3.6l is fine, it never feels inadequate. I liked the power of the 3.6l in my 2017 Canyon better, but I only really notice a difference when I floor it and it goes over 4k RPM. The Canyon was noticeably more powerful there. That was a more modern V6 with direct injection, cylinder deactivation, and more power/liter. The 3.6l in the Gladiator sounds a lot better though so that almost makes up for it IMO. I never liked the sound of that GM 3.6l. Back to your point, the Jeep's 3.6l doesn't have cylinder deactivation or DI, so less stuff to go wrong. My 2 cents.
yes... Also Direct injection is a maint. headache because it allows the valves to be coated with carbon. Just ask BMW owners. Unless the engine has the new design with an additional injector solely to clean the valves, then, valve cleaning is required sometime down the line...

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The Rubicon floats over pot holes like an old Cadillac, so, they are almost non-existent.

yes... Also Direct injection is a maint. headache because it allows the valves to be coated with carbon. Just ask BMW owners. Unless the engine has the new design with an additional injector solely to clean the valves, then, valve cleaning is required sometime down the line...
Yes. That's 100% true. However, that LGZ version of the 3.6l does not have a carbon build up issue. The previous gen did or sure. But we are agreed on that point...
Sponsored