Sponsored

2020 Gladiator Mojave Window Sticker and Hands-On Comparison vs Rubicon

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I wonder if there is a way to get close to the suspension and frame upgrades of the Mojave without having to settle for Mojave payload and towing
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I was aware of the Mojave coming out when I bought my Sport S but wanted the max tow and did not feel I gave up much (for my use) passing on the Mojave which is still not really available. Better shocks and desert suspension? Well, I don't go 50 mph on trails, too often the ones I take have obstacles or arroyos that will destroy anything if hit hard. I don't need or care about the visual upgrades like wheels or non-functional hood, leather seats (yeah, just look at all the threads of cloth vs. leather--bottom line is you can get aftermarket leather if you really want it, which I don't--had it on my Recon, didn't care much either way.) Rear locker, well maybe, but I'd rather get a Detroit or Yukon locker if I later decide I need it, which I haven't so far. As for tires, I will pick what I want, and I have learned that those big, heavy aggressive tires cost several mpg and often give a worse ride on the highway. Like it or not, in the west there is a lot of highway driving vs. trail time.

All that cogitating and hand wringing left me feeling that the cost of the Rubicon or Mojave option was not worth it. Instead of getting one very expensive JT now, I got a less expensive JT and when it is part-way worn out, will get another. again optioned with what I feel I need/want, instead of everything that is available.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I know, I keep telling myself that the hood doesn't matter, lol. I might want it, if it didn't come with all those "Christmas ornaments" that add another $10k [yeah, OK, that is an exaggeration] to the price. It is easy to like all those things, and then to talk ourselves into needing those things, and then we get hit by reality--do we really want/need a $60k Jeep, or can we "make do" with a $45k [sticker price] Jeep?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
+1

How can we sit here and say they're overpriced when people are quite literally paying that price?
I paid the price, so I can bitch about it if I want to. That's how I feel about it. Same with voting. If you didn't vote, you shouldn't be allowed to bitch about politics, without getting smacked in the mouth. Talk shit, get hit. :like:

Still doesn't mean that they're not grossly overpriced for what they are... Now, if a Rubicon came with an SRT 6.4 Hemi, a set of D60's, and a functional version of that Mojave hood...That would be a different story. I'd say the $50K price tag would absolutely be worth it. And I'd have one in a heartbeat.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I'm in for a $50K JTR with the 5.7 . . . take my money, Jeep (I think is what the kids say).

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in for a $50K JTR with the 5.7 . . . take my money, Jeep (I think is what the kids say).
They do say that, but it's actually from an episode of Futurama, that probably aired before most of them were even born. I feel old knowing that I used to watch that show as a teenager when they were still airing new episodes. :CWL:

Last edited:

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Wait, so the enhanced sliders are $1k extra? They sure implied those were part of the package, geez, for $1k you can also just get those on any other model. What do you get in place of those? Nothing? Or Rubicon sliders?

Sick of FCA nickel and diming everything.
Yeah, some of it I don’t care about, some of it’s dumb, some pisses me off.
$1000 for different same size wheels???
Adaptive cruise is standard on the Tacoma, but you have to buy $1700 in packages to get it on a Jeep.
The 5” non car play radio shouldn’t even exist. $1000 just to get whats standard everywhere else.
Fingers crossed that we’ll get Sarge paint and a Willys (Sport) package next year. One of my local stores had a Sarge Willys JLU rwo weeks ago- I dug it.

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Those are the Jeep Performance Parts Rock Rails, not the "sand sliders" that come stock.
Source? I to feel like they made it seem the steps came with it at the reveal. But on the build sheet. No step is listed as coming with it. The rubicon list the slide rail. So it would lead me to believe that FCA is not including them .

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Source? I to feel like they made it seem the steps came with it at the reveal. But on the build sheet. No step is listed as coming with it. The rubicon list the slide rail. So it would lead me to believe that FCA is not including them .
Re-reading the Mojave page on Jeep's website, it says "available rugged step sand sliders". Whether or not it was implied they were standard when the Mojave was announced, I can't say.
Sponsored