Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I hate adaptive cruise control.

Realized it when I was driving a vehicle in West Texas, 80 mph on a highway, approaching he base of a hill or overpass when the car suddenly and without warning slammed on its brakes, thinking I was going to collide with a wall or something! If someone was following me, it might have caused an accident.

When I am cruising on the highway in the right lane, the car will slow down when coming up on a vehicle going slower than me, forcing me to have to speed up to get back to the speed I wanted to be at for the pass. I want to keep a steady speed while getting in the left lane to pass that car.

My daughter, while learning to drive, said she wanted to drive like me: “Smooth”. Great compliment.

I’m old school...I want to be in control of my car at all times.
Sponsored

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I've got adaptive cruise in one of my cars, and I really don't make use of it much.

When I'm going on long highway drives, I'm usually going a touch faster than most traffic but nothing crazy and I drive in the right lane unless I'm overtaking.

For the way I like to drive, the blind spot sensor is a lot more useful.

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator

Realized it when I was driving a vehicle in West Texas, 80 mph on a highway, approaching he base of a hill or overpass when the car slammed on its brakes, thinking I was going to collide with a wall or something. If someone was following me, it might have caused an accident.

When I am cruising on the highway in the right lane, the car will slow down when coming up on a vehicle going slower than me, forcing me to have to speed up to get back to the speed I wanted to be at for the pass. I want to keep a steady speed while getting in the left lane to pass that car.

My daughter, while learning to drive, said she wanted to drive like me: “Smooth”. Great compliment.

Yeah, I drive the same way and I don't find adaptive cruise to be valuable for my style of driving since I'm either cruising in the right lane or overtaking.

If I was towing or just driving in the right lane on long drives without overtaking so often, maybe I'd find it more valuable.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I've got adaptive cruise in one of my cars, and I really don't make use of it much.

When I'm going on long highway drives, I'm usually going a touch faster than most traffic but nothing crazy and I drive in the right lane unless I'm overtaking.

Same...I’m always driving about 5 mph faster than the flow of traffic. Much safer that way...I’m never in someone’s blind spot for more than a few seconds, and no one is in mine.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

blind spot monitor is perfect for driving without doors

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
Jeep is still not getting the packaging right on these at all. Rear locker needs to be an option on all trims. High clearance fender flare needs to be an option on all trims. Overland does not offer widetrack axles with rear locker, nor decent AT tires--why, on a vehicle called Overland, is this the case?

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I don't disagree.

Unfortunate that they both raised the price of the Rubicon AND de-contented it like that. A bold move given that the Jeep's 1st real competitor is just a couple months away, and it's coming ready to fight.

With the removal of the standard 4:1 tcase, it seems like it is coming down to the fact that the only significant difference between the Rubicon and the Mojave is that the Rubicon has a front locker, and the Mojave has better shocks. Kinda seems silly to have entire trim lines differentiated by such simple bolt-ons, but here we are.

I think that feature is being misinterpreted. Under standard features of a Rubicon is shows 4:1 PART TIME transfer case. If you look at the configurator it's for the optional FULL TIME Rock-trac transfer case.

Basically giving you an AWD option (and possibly CV shafts vs u-joints) for driving on wet pavement/snow type environments.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Build & Price is UP Screenshot_20200827-143546_Chrome

Screenshot_20200827-144112_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
I think that feature is being misinterpreted. Under standard features of a Rubicon is shows 4:1 PART TIME transfer case. If you look at the configurator it's for the optional FULL TIME Rock-trac transfer case.

Basically giving you an AWD option (and possibly CV shafts vs u-joints) for driving on wet pavement/snow type environments.
You are right, thank you for pointing that out. I didn't see that the option was for a fulltime 4wd tcase. I've gone back and edited my posts.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

<snip>

To me ACC is one of the best features of the Jeep.

It is an aid to safer driving. That is why insurance companies give a discount if you have it.

Regardless, one still has to be in control of the vehicle at all times, whether ACC is engaged or not.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Is there a max tow diesel option? Wider axles and better towing ratios?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Is there a max tow diesel option? Wider axles and better towing ratios?
if you want wide axles you have to get a rubicon with the diesel and the 4.1 is completely unnecessary
Sponsored