First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GC Overland
Occupation
Professional Babysitter
Does anyone have experience with adding options after the build has been submitted? I really wanted the front cam on my overland build but the dealer did not have the option to add it.
Sponsored

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
Is there a max tow diesel option? Wider axles and better towing ratios?
Not likely. Long ago there was a document circulating that showed diesel towing to be less than available with the gas v6.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Not likely. Long ago there was a document circulating that showed diesel towing to be less than available with the gas v6.
yes, it was based on the radiator size. the 3.0 in the Gladiator/Wrangler has a smaller radiator and is limited to 5,000 lbs towing if I remember correctly because of cooling issues.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
yes, it was based on the radiator size. the 3.0 in the Gladiator/Wrangler has a smaller radiator and is limited to 5,000 lbs towing if I remember correctly because of cooling issues.
Everything I have read all along has stated 6000 lbs with roughly 1100 lbs cargo. Due to not having a enough frontal area to install a large(r) enough radiator.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
@JeepCares

Any comments on the lack of Gator and Gobi? Clearly there is a huge demand for it.

Do us a favor and make it happen for 2021!
Unfortunately the initial color palette for 2021 is more than likely set in stone. But I wanted to follow up your question to @JeepCares by stating I know many of us expected some type of green / brown hue in 2021 to keep the Jeep military connection.

As an owner of a Gator JT, one of the first things people say to me when starting a Gladiator conversation is how much they love the color. In a sea of grey, black, and white vehicles, Jeep stands out by offering "fun" colors for its "fun" vehicles.

Hopefully for 2022+, Jeep continues that tradition. I know Gator and Gobi have a high likability rate on this site, some other Jeep hues for consideration...

Recon Green
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Build & Price is UP okee-75th-Anniversary-Edition-front-three-quarter1

Sarge Green
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Build & Price is UP c5k1iby3m8z01

Mojave Sand
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Build & Price is UP image-

And although not a military color, it would be rad to see a Bikini Blue JT...

Bikini Blue
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Jeep Gladiator Build & Price is UP 2020-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-08

Last edited:

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
We should get a couple of late release colors. JLs are getting Sarge, that could be one of them.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
We should get a couple of late release colors. JLs are getting Sarge, that could be one of them.
Really? That would be awesome!

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
I didn't read through every post, but has anyone noticed the diesel Rubi loses the 4.10 axle as an option? It is not selectable.
Normal. It is the same on the Wrangler 2020 configurator. On the JL Rubicon, diesels get 3.73's instead of 4.10's. Likely because the diesel works in a much smaller (and lower limit) rev band than the gas engines.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
These color choices suck...

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
My info says sarge green and earl grey are the late color choices for MY2021
I hope that's true...Sarge Green would be a fitting color for the Gladiator.

Here's a matte Sarge Green for reference...

6e9f9468dd60a1f46e83dbc5770741be.jpg

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I got my Gobi JT this year. Bummer they discontinued that and the Gator.
Me too, with my Gator. Last week I ran into the salesman I dealt with, who happens to be an old family friend, and he told me he could sell my Gator to at least two people today if he thought I would let it go. I didn't take the bait. I'm keeping it.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
Does anyone have experience with adding options after the build has been submitted? I really wanted the front cam on my overland build but the dealer did not have the option to add it.
Once a vehicle has been scheduled for production, no changes are allowed on the order; if your ordered Jeep has not been scheduled for production, then changes are allowed--at least this was the rule at the time I left my job at a Jeep dealership in 2011.
Sponsored