Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Well done! Looks great and they will actually help when needed....
I'm still not a fan of any of the aftermarket bumpers out there right now, so I'm appreciating my setup.
Some of the aftermarket bumpers out there are actually pretty bad looking, some are "ok"...

Colorado Gladiator... '

BTW, Looks like a Vmax in the garage? At first I thought it was a Vrod...
I wish!

thats my star Bolt 950
Sponsored

Sower3213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxxx
I noticed while ordering on any of the Mopar sites all of them will state that the bumper-to-frame-rail-bracket (Left and right) do not fit the Jeep Gladiator.... Whaaaaaat? However it lists the slider itself does fit. Of course that’s funny because as a couple of you have shown us, that’s not true w/o some modification. I’m ordering it anyway and I found the best price w/ cheapest shipping is factoryMopardirect.com.

OP
OP
ColoradoGlad

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I noticed while ordering on any of the Mopar sites all of them will state that the bumper-to-frame-rail-bracket (Left and right) do not fit the Jeep Gladiator.... Whaaaaaat? However it lists the slider itself does fit. Of course that’s funny because as a couple of you have shown us, that’s not true w/o some modification. I’m ordering it anyway and I found the best price w/ cheapest shipping is factoryMopardirect.com.
They fit fine...

The only thing that’s doesn’t just bolt up is having to trim a little bit of the plastic bumper...

If you can locate a Rubicon rear takeoff bumper, it’s 100% bolt on..

When installed it looks completely factory.,

good luck with the install..

CG...

TOMCENTRAL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired/Medical & Military
If anyone is wondering if the Mopar Jeep Rear Bed Rock Rails will fit the Sport and Overland Models, they will with a little work..

There are 4 pieces to the rails, 1 frame bracket that attaches to the frame with 3 bolts and the Rock Rails themselves attach to the bumper with 2 bolts and 3 bolts to attach to the frame brackets.

The frame brackets were easy to find, the actual Rock Rails not so easy…
They obviously don’t come with any bolts or instructions.

I wanted the rails for some protection, but primarily wanted to fill in some of the Gap at the back of the Bed.
I always liked the look the Rails give the JT.

My guess is most after market rear bumpers will fill in the area the Rock Rails use now, and probably incorporate some type of step. *Rubicon owners in some cases might have to remove them if they go to an aftermarket Bumper.

I plan on staying with the stock bumper for now, so this was my best option. *Just about $400 for everything, which is a expensive for what it is…*

The one difficult part is trimming the bumper to accommodate the Rock Rail. You have to trim off about 3 inches in the pattern of the Rock Rail.

You also have to remove 2 brackets, 1 metal and one Plastic, on each side of the bumper for the Rock Rail to attach. The Rock Rail replaces these brackets.

RR1.jpg
rr4.jpg
rr3.jpg
rr2.jpg

If anyone else decides to do this here are a few suggestions.
  1. Don’t remove the bumper to trim it for the Rock Rail.
  2. Leave it in place and take your time to trim it out.
  3. How you trim/cut the bumper is very visible, so go slow and steady.
  4. I trimmed the bumper with a razor and then filed it to Rock Rail.
  5. I also used 1/8 edging trim to give it a better finished look.
This will work for now, but if a good "light weight" rear bumper becomes available, I'll have some rear rails for sale.

GladiusMaximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Max Tow, 2003 Suzuki SV650
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone installed this on a sport or overland with blind spot safety package? The reason I ask is that I have several prox sensors around the bumper and it looks like the plastic bracket that some have removed is what’s mounting the prox sensor in place. Not sure if I have enough space to mount the rails over the bracket and sensor. Don’t want to cut the bumper and find out that I’m out of luck. I took a pic of what I’m referring to on the LH & RH side.

864F38C2-017E-4454-A520-D5767B138013.jpeg

02602877-9D29-411E-B332-90B857A1AAC2.jpeg

612C5688-39D2-4104-A180-C57F65006F73.jpeg

Sponsored

GladiusMaximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I guess I posted too soon. What I thought were the prox sensor leads were actually just plastic hangers for the prox wiring. I ended up pulling out the plastic and metal brackets on each side until I started running out of daylight. Got the sill boxes up and called it quits for the night. I took some more pics of the brackets that must be removed and will post tomorrow. I’ll also post the specifics on hardware used because I wasn't 100% sure based on the posts and available info. I ended up to going to Ace Harware with the sill boxes to make sure.

Reactions: DHP

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
I guess I posted too soon. What I thought were the prox sensor leads were actually just plastic hangers for the prox wiring. I ended up pulling out the plastic and metal brackets on each side until I started running out of daylight. Got the sill boxes up and called it quits for the night. I took some more pics of the brackets that must be removed and will post tomorrow. I’ll also post the specifics on hardware used because I wasn't 100% sure based on the posts and available info. I ended up to going to Ace Harware with the sill boxes to make sure.
Much appreciated! Plan on doing this myself at some point

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a set of the rear sliders with all hardware, but not sure i want to cut into bumper. I am looking for Rubi rear bumper now or retrofit without bumper brackets.

Bruce

GladiusMaximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I just got a set of the rear sliders with all hardware, but not sure i want to cut into bumper. I am looking for Rubi rear bumper now or retrofit without bumper brackets.

Bruce
Cutting was pretty easy. I rough mounted the left on the right and right on left upside down since they are mirror images and traced the outline. I then used a sharp razor blade knife and trimmed away the necessary areas. I bought some 1/8” trim from McMaster as suggested in a previous post but may not use it since my cuts were extremely close to the rail outline.
I’m on vacation with the family in NH this week so sorry didn’t get to follow up with hardware info and finished pics but I will next week.
Side note: Went to Jericho Mountain this afternoon just to check it out and spoke with the park attendant. He said a stock Jeep can do the green trails there but you need a winch & tree saver for them to let you in. No winch yet so I’ll have to come back next summer.

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT

Bruce
I just took my bumper off to install a second tow hook. I wouldn’t worry about cutting into this bumper. It’s extremely light and plastic. Just a dremel sanding wheel and cutting wheel should get this taken care of easily

Sponsored

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I was curious about adding these to my Mojave.

Mojave comes with a plastic bumper, but can you tell from these photos if this "Mojave" bumper already has the precut shape for these rear rails to work without cutting the bumper ?

Also if you guys have some photos of how the brackets attach it would be appreciated, thanks.

i-ZdKrpVk-L.jpg

i-TK6Dswx-L.jpg

i-NRD6dx4-L.jpg

MainePure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
I like this upgrade. Looks good and seems like it makes good sense to have it. Thanks.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Found the bracket and sliders on eBay fresh take offs for 300 total. Still not ideal but better then full price. Just finished the mod and still short two bolts. Need a little adjustment but so far looks good. This will work until a new bumper comes along.

9A42FDDF-4BB3-4203-9A21-0451B5574031.jpeg

F2AC8E61-A3B8-4B9B-8BC5-08925942B06A.jpeg

93CD3845-8BCD-4A78-9C8E-201614AC043F.jpeg

ACDDD69A-C224-4D06-A0E7-77487F67A2A7.jpeg

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
I was curious about adding these to my Mojave.

Mojave comes with a plastic bumper, but can you tell from these photos if this "Mojave" bumper already has the precut shape for these rear rails to work without cutting the bumper ?

Also if you guys have some photos of how the brackets attach it would be appreciated, thanks.

Jeep Gladiator Installing Mopar Rear Bed Rock Rails on Overland and Sport Gladiators ACDDD69A-C224-4D06-A0E7-77487F67A2A7

Jeep Gladiator Installing Mopar Rear Bed Rock Rails on Overland and Sport Gladiators ACDDD69A-C224-4D06-A0E7-77487F67A2A7

no you will have to cut and no you don’t have the bracket. The part numbers are listed above in this post. I would probably just buy the Motobuilt ones since they work with the sliders I believe. Shows a picture which the Jeep made ones looks similar.

https://motobilt.com/collections/je...r/products/gladiator-rear-bumper-frame-mounts
Sponsored