Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Ok, that post was maybe a little over the top. But seriously, our over-litigious society forces manufacturers to maintain these number low, because people don't drive with common sense any more.
It's ironic you post this directly after stating that you pay "zero" mind to GVWR when towing/hauling. Of course the truck can handle more than sticker within reason, but nevertheless it's valid point for one looking at the JT to consider, after all it IS supposed to be a truck right.
Sponsored

StingrayJed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel, 2015 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
Parts Director for Luxury vehicles
I’m going to drive a Sport S with diesel tomorrow, I will try my best to remember to take a pic of the sticker. I do a lot of highway driving to get to my hunting spots and tow a small boat for fishing and duck hunting. I tried to talk myself numerous times into buying the Max Tow Sport S or Rubicon but could never get the truck to average over 21 MPG while doing a 20 mile test drive. Between the average fuel economy and wandering issues it was enough to pass. Really hoping the Sport S Eco rectifies both issues for me. The truck wasn’t ready to drive today. As a side note I have a Bronco reservation ( not digging the wait and the smaller backseat legroom of only 36”. I’ve also been sniffing around a Defender base and am driving the new F150 tomorrow as well. My 3 year long car search is almost done with everything finally rolling out, lol.

C4FE7B40-B160-4510-BD04-0E55CFAE6585.jpeg
What dealership are you dealing with that has an Eco in stock?

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
It's ironic you post this directly after stating that you pay "zero" mind to GVWR when towing/hauling. Of course the truck can handle more than sticker within reason, but nevertheless it's valid point for one looking at the JT to consider, after all it IS supposed to be a truck right.
Zing! You got me good!

I meant you don't need to look only at the sticker and treat it as the only consideration.

Common sense means that some loads under the limit could be unsafe when you drive like there's no load behind you. Likewise, loads over the number may be "safe" (maybe not "legally safe") if you drive with extra caution. If you cause an accident while hauling, whether you are just over or just under the number, you're still at fault. The number is printed on the vehicle to protect FCA, not to protect you!

Sponsored

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know if the Sport S Eco Diesel comes with the wide track axles that are found on the Rubicon and Max Tow or are they the standard Gladiator axles?

Tapped_Out

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military
Lol, that’s no defect on the top. It’s been dropped.
Nope. Bad ammo. Mushroomed too quick and couldn't penetrate the plastic.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if the Sport S Eco Diesel comes with the wide track axles that are found on the Rubicon and Max Tow or are they the standard Gladiator axles?
They are definitely Dana 44 axles but they dont call them "Max tow" axles because they are 3:73 gears on the Ecodiesels and not 4:10. They are also "supposed" to be the wider axles but I have not seen anyone confirm it with part numbers or measurements.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
They are definitely Dana 44 axles but they dont call them "Max tow" axles because they are 3:73 gears on the Ecodiesels and not 4:10. They are also "supposed" to be the wider axles but I have not seen anyone confirm it with part numbers or measurements.
Every Gladiator has Dana 44 axles. The only difference I’ve seen with any proof is the .75 inch on either side of the axles on the Rubicon’s and Sport/Sport S with Max tow package.

Sponsored

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Every Gladiator has Dana 44 axles. The only difference I’ve seen with any proof is the .75 inch on either side of the axles on the Rubicon’s and Sport/Sport S with Max tow package.
Is that just due to wheel backspacing or is the axle actually physically wider?

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Is that just due to wheel backspacing or is the axle actually physically wider?
Axle is physically wider by 1.5 inches, 3/4 of an inch on either side. Best I can tell from everything I’ve read is, other than width, all the axles are the same regardless of trim or packages. All are heavy duty Dana 44. There are no “stronger” axles on the JT.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
The fenders also have an extra lip to them that should correlate to the wider axle.