Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I haven’t even taken delivery of my Mojave and Im already planning my trade in. Ugh. If the Mojave gets this engine....oh muh gawd...
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Guess I'll walk on eggshells since my post about this on the JL side got deleted but I still do not understand this move for anyone who isn't the V8 or nothing type. I mean this was a pipe dream prototype until the week of the Bronco announcement so this just feels like the little brother acting up because big brother is getting all the attention.

The fact we have zero details aside from it's got a V8 guys! makes me even more weary. I mean an axle swap is super common to go with a powerful conversion V8 for a reason.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 911 C2S

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
A hellcat swap for 25-30k? I'd be interested in talking with them at that price.
Sorry should of clarified that was for the 392 the I was talking about for $25,000-$30,000 that's them trying to beat Rubitrux price on it. I would imagine a Hellcat would be over $50,000 to drop in a JT. I was just saying you could technically drop a Hemi in one for less than what you could buy one from FCA for.

https://www.rubitrux.com/wrangler-jl-jk-gladiator-jt-hemi-conversion-engine-swaps.html

Not the shop I git my quote from but that was my buddies shops rough price on it. I'm not far from Rubitrux either.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
No freaking way they’re $90k....where are y’all getting that info? Pure speculation? Random guesses? Is there a source to back that up? Custom jobs going for $120k are one-offs that are not accurate barometers for a factory price.

I’d guess starting at $60k...no one in their right mind would buy a midsized truck at $90k. That price makes absolutely no sense, especially given a completely loaded Raptor barely gets there.

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way they price them less than $90,000, I'd put money on that. If they do make them it will be under limited production, same way they are doing the Wrangler.
I’ll take that bet too! Bottle of scotch...

rubi14

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-7 Laredo, 1982 CJ-7 "The Texan", 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
shop owner
I seriously doubt it ever gets made
it will get made, no doubt about that, I see a $10K premium on the engine, but in order for them to make the most money, it will be only available on one loaded with options. Hence, pushing $80 grand.

Kaiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow 1969 J3000 Gladiator farm truck. 1969 J2000 Gladiator project.
I’m just saying, a 5.7 powered Sport S Gladiator would be all we need. Plus it would be fairly affordable....stop putting out these overpriced bullshits.
x2. Wonder how that extra weight and any cooling constraints might affect the tow rating though. like it does for the Ecodiesel.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
it will get made, no doubt about that, I see a $10K premium on the engine, but in order for them to make the most money, it will be only available on one loaded with options. Hence, pushing $80 grand.
Agreed, the Hemi won't be an option on a Sport with factory wheels and the soft top.......

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I’d guess starting at $60k...no one in their right mind would buy a midsized truck at $90k. That price makes absolutely no sense, especially given a completely loaded Raptor barely gets there.
The launch edition was over $60k and I don't expect this to be any less equipped than that even if they did make it. I don't expect the JT to get a version of this because that's what the TRX fills... the Wrangler is still on its own.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If they offered that in the Gladiator I would almost certainly buy one. But the odds of them offering this engine in the Gladiator are extremely low due to usage case and engineering reasons.

If they can't make the 2.0 turbo gas engine work due to cooling concerns then what makes you think they'll be able to shoehorn a V8 in there and keep it cool?

Oh, and the 392 is a standard run off the mill engine. Nothing fancy about it. This isn't a TRX. No WAY it'll be $90k. $60k tops and maybe lower than that.

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Heres one that sold for $129,000. People are getting that for them and if FCA produces them I'd expect a $90,000 price tag

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/jeep-gladiator-392-hemi-swap-for-sale/
Jeep-Gladiator-Hemi-Swap-Magnuson-Performance.jpg
Yeah, shops do sell these hyper-Jeeps, but what’s the actual market for such builds, or for a really expensive SRT or Hellcat gladiator? I don't know the size of that market, but I would guess that the market would be much larger for a more affordable 5.7 (emphasis on "guess"). They’d still get most of those SRT buyers as well as all those people who could spring for a 5.7 Hemi.

Compare pricing with the Ford F-150: the 5.0 V8 is a $2,000 upcharge over the 3.3 V6. That's a pretty realistic comp. Can you imagine how many people would pay $2,000 or $3,000 to upgrade from the 3.6 Pentastar to the 5.7 Hemi? The fact that some people are willing to pay up to $30,000 for a V8 in a Jeep should have had the Jeep engineers putting the Hemi in the Wrangler ages ago.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah there's a massive difference between an OE putting a V8 into something in mass production and a local shop doing a ton of R&D and fab work to complete a one-off or extremely low production V8 swap into a vehicle that was never designed for it. Apples to oranges.

FCA would be able to build V8 Jeeps at a SUBSTANTIALLY lower cost than a fab shop in somebody's hometown. This isn't going to be a $90k Wrangler. If it was, they'd sell almost none.
Sponsored