First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
We all know how many Launch Editions the world was blessed with, 4190. Tragically, some of these are already on the scrap heap. Train crash was epic, the reverse jump start was toast. Is there an accurate count of losses of Launch Edition gladiators?
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
If you’re asking this because you think they’ll be a solid pick for collectors, no is the answer.

Sponsored

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
I’m pretty sure Jeep made more than 4190 launch editions.

OP
OP

Soccermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I bought my GCMLE to use on and off road, throw my dogs in the back seat (using a seat protector), driving on snow covered trails and hauling stuff. I wanted this vehicle for the past 20 years. It's more a bond I share with the rest of us fools spending $60K on a mid-size truck. So when one of them goes down, its like watching a full bottle of beer fall off the table. Cheers!

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
One dealer here has three available new right now. Nobody wants them for some reason. They have no problem selling other leftover 20's and new 21's.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m pretty sure Jeep made more than 4190 launch editions.
If they did, I do not think it is many. The whole roll out and implementation by Jeep on the LE's was a debacle. Nothing about it screams any exclusivity or future collectability of having one

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Agreed. Its no more than a fully optioned out package for eager customers who wanted to be one of the first to get a Gladiator. I bought mine off a dealer lot last November for the price I wanted to pay for it. At the time, the LE wheels & interior leather red stitched dash was nice compared to what was being offered on a regular Rubicon but fast forward a year, most of those features are available in different trims.

msfitone

First Name
Tonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE edition
Occupation
Adventure Seeker
Sadly, I still want a launch edition but unable to really decided on thier limited colors. Now that 2020 had Punk'n, Gator , Sting Ray and Gobi :(
I will choose one by teh end of the year but dealers are not playing like they want to let one go reasonably still trying for MSRP or a mere 2k via incentives ( of course if one qualifies for it)

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You can still buy one new at my local dealer
One dealer here has three available new right now. Nobody wants them for some reason. They have no problem selling other leftover 20's and new 21's.
That’s crazy, I thought it insane I got one a year ago, then I saw them dragging into 2020, and now still some on lots. I didn’t necessarily set out to buy an LE, but I wanted a decent amount of options on my truck. These have all the options and they marked it down $8k, so I was good with that.
Sponsored