What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I finally finished changing all the exterior lights to LEDs.
Weird that they use the, "8W," element on the DRLs as the parking (running) light.
Like the final results, though.

Kevin
Sponsored

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
I installed the M.O.R.E Hide-A-Step on my Mojave with stock rock rails. It was much easier than the M.O.R.E dead pedal and looks pretty slick. The instructions say to loosen the bolts then slip the bracket behind the rock rails but don't believe it. Or should I say.. I'll believe it when I see it. haha

As others mentioned I decided to drop the rail to make things easier. I also slipped a shim shingle into the bracket to keep it at a right angle also making it easier to slip in behind the rock rail. when it came time to put all back up I got lucky and the studs popped right into the holes and everything tightened right into place.

The design is great but the placement is yet to be determined. Because it's a direct fit to the existing bolts it is a little far back in the door spacing. We'll see if I adjust or not.

The dead pedal on the other hand was much more painful to install. Not that it's a bad design it's just the nature of the location. One note on the dead pedal is I had been seeing the picture of the pedal with the M.O.R.E cut out logo but the current one being shipped just had a sticker. A little disappointing for the price and especially because there is an identical one (no-logo) selling for cheaper on amazon.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_233019730
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_233325309
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_235628032
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_235717790
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_235754386.PORTRAIT
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_235830741.PORTRAIT
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_235846282.PORTRAIT
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20201217_235924903.PORTRAIT

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
I installed the M.O.R.E Hide-A-Step on my Mojave with stock rock rails. It was much easier than the M.O.R.E dead pedal and looks pretty slick. The instructions say to loosen the bolts then slip the bracket behind the rock rails but don't believe it. Or should I say.. I'll believe it when I see it. haha

As others mentioned I decided to drop the rail to make things easier. I also slipped a shim shingle into the bracket to keep it at a right angle also making it easier to slip in behind the rock rail. when it came time to put all back up I got lucky and the studs popped right into the holes and everything tightened right into place.

The design is great but the placement is yet to be determined. Because it's a direct fit to the existing bolts it is a little far back in the door spacing. We'll see if I adjust or not.

The dead pedal on the other hand was much more painful to install. Not that it's a bad design it's just the nature of the location. One note on the dead pedal is I had been seeing the picture of the pedal with the M.O.R.E cut out logo but the current one being shipped just had a sticker. A little disappointing for the price and especially because there is an identical one (no-logo) selling for cheaper on amazon.

PXL_20201217_233019730.jpg
PXL_20201217_233325309.jpg
PXL_20201217_235628032.jpg
PXL_20201217_235717790.jpg
PXL_20201217_235754386.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20201217_235830741.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20201217_235846282.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20201217_235924903.PORTRAIT.jpg
I also have the M.O.R.E Hide-a-Steps and found if you use your heel on the step it's easier to get in then using the ball (front part) of you foot. I'm 6'2 so my height may make a difference as well.
Cheers!

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
I also have the M.O.R.E Hide-a-Steps and found if you use your heel on the step it's easier to get in then using the ball (front part) of you foot. I'm 6'2 so my height may make a difference as well.
Cheers!
Thanks I'll try that. I'm 5'11" so not a shorty but it feels a little like a saddle strap. I got them because the other half was complaining about the height so we'll see if this solves the whining 😛

Sponsored

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Is that buried in the stock computer or the tazer program?
I found it in the the stock screen setup. I'll see if I can find it again and post the location.

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4C49C27B-C55C-4DDA-951A-8373A9197A52
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 4C49C27B-C55C-4DDA-951A-8373A9197A52
How much are the hide a steeps and about how low do they fold down. I like them but I'm sitting pretty high with my lift and 38' tires.

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I found it in the the stock screen setup. I'll see if I can find it again and post the location.
For the current gear to display on the dash, press the down button on the steering wheel until you get to screen setup. You must be parked to do the setup. Then push the down arrow until you see Current Gear and press the OK. Turn it on, then just exit, and the current gear should display next to the "D" on your dash.

If anyone else finds some cool stuff on the dash setup, chime in!
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_3473.JPG
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_3474.JPG
Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_3475.JPG

Lucky1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator max tow - 2011 honda odyssey
For the current gear to display on the dash, press the down button on the steering wheel until you get to screen setup. You must be parked to do the setup. Then push the down arrow until you see Current Gear and press the OK. Turn it on, then just exit, and the current gear should display next to the "D" on your dash.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_3475.JPG
Thank you for the help!

Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR

I dug around and made the change this morning while I was waiting for the kid to get ready for school. Again, thanks for a cool find.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer

Great find!

RemodelMonster

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 CC LB 4X4 PS, Chevy Bolt,
Occupation
General Contractor - remodeling Bathrooms and Kitchens
Got it, I have the Bak Revolver X4.
I just installed an X4 and te roll top is a tight fit between the right and left tracks - like not even 1/16" between the aluminum track and the plastic segments that lay down in the tracks. It seems like too tight a fit to be able to install the tonneau adapters under a rack. Can you describe the fit and any problems that you encountered? I'd love to do the same to mine-if I can make it fit.