Sponsored

Any rumors for 2022 Gladiator changes?

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Curb weight difference is as much as a half a ton.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Since when have FCA or Jeep given a f-ck about crash tests...?

Jeeps have sat at the bottom of the crash rating for years.

It is a Jeep thing...

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The Hemi upgrade adds nearly one thousand pounds....say what???
I think he was referring to weight difference between Wrangler and Gladiator.

Jeepguy002

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Cell Culture and Purification Technician
Is there a “normal” time they announce new colors? I really want an orange back. Curious if the Cherokee Spit Fire color is coming , though it’s no Punk’n.
Nacho is available to order right now.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Saw a new Sarge (Wrangler) yesterday, did not hate it but it definitely ain’t Gator, Gobi, or Commando. I will wait, hopefully mid-year will bring new colors.

WaterDR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a new Sarge (Wrangler) yesterday, did not hate it but it definitely ain’t Gator, Gobi, or Commando. I will wait, hopefully mid-year will bring new colors.
mid year will only bring the rest of the pallet they have already promised

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Best Navigation System I ever had. Was out in the Mojave Desert on unmarked dirt roads 25 miles from pavement and hit the "Home" button and a sweet voice told me to turn right in 1000 feet on the next dirt road. 45 minutes later I was on California Highway 395 headed home. Not one missed turn on all unmarked trails. My friend has a 2021 Ram and his is just as good.
Do you purchase the $149 updates? Already getting the email's from MOPAR to purchase the Nav Map Update for my 2020 JT Overland. I use my iPhone through Carplay for nav. IMO the updates should be included at least for 3 years and dynamic.
No major issues with the 8" U-connect so far, Glitched out once, but a ignition power down corrected it. Also wasn't sure that the glitch wasn't caused by my wireless USB Carplay adapter.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my Overland in July 2019. I purchased a Map update in August 2021 when it was on sale for $99. The Map update also includes a Uconnect software update to the latest version. I don't know what changes were made, but the Favorites feature now works like it should. I used the NAV system a lot when I first got the truck. It always worked well for me. Now, I mostly use Google Maps and Android Auto, since the app for work will pass the address over without me having to reenter it.

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I don't understand this "purchasing" updates. We bought a $40k+ vehicle and they want you to purchase an update? Should be free for at least the first 5 years of ownership.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I don't understand this "purchasing" updates. We bought a $40k+ vehicle and they want you to purchase an update? Should be free for at least the first 5 years of ownership.
You would think but they like to nickel and dime everything

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Map updates are provided by HERE, not FCA or the Head Unit manufacturer. Including updates would just increase the upfront cost of the truck. It's cheaper to just let those who want an update pay for it. Many don't bother with updates, due to the effort required. Others don't keep the vehicle long enough to even worry about it. Unless you are in a growing area, there's going to be little change in the roads.

I purchased the update because it was on sale. I had the truck two years, and intend to keep it a long time.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I used to say that as well. The flip side is that Jeep sticks with HERE (a defunct Nokia company) as opposed to Google with an underlying android OS that would make things easier. The takeaway is that you pay $149 in exchange for keeping your constant locations and stops private from google. Jeep COULD do free updates but it would require using a different company. Apple would be great but they are not subsidizing out their maps product like google does.
I’m keen on privacy and google is free for a reason. Plus let’s be honest…. Who the heck uses the navigation with CarPlay and Android Auto both available???

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Do you purchase the $149 updates? Already getting the email's from MOPAR to purchase the Nav Map Update for my 2020 JT Overland. I use my iPhone through Carplay for nav. IMO the updates should be included at least for 3 years and dynamic.
No major issues with the 8" U-connect so far, Glitched out once, but a ignition power down corrected it. Also wasn't sure that the glitch wasn't caused by my wireless USB Carplay adapter.
No updates were offered, and no glitches were noted. I use it just about every day, especially on unmarked dirt roads in the Mojave Desert with no problems at all.
Sponsored