Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
$35k for an engine that costs ~$7k is, in my book, bent the fuck over.

They need the check to clear. Certainly no one needs my permission. My checking account can’t support that. Yours can. Enjoy the f out it🤷🏼‍♂️
Thats assuming you JUST get a 7k engine. Not thinking about things fully....

Wiring Harness
Transmission
Full 3.5" stainless exhaust
ECM
Brackets
High performance cooling system
Labor removing stock powertrain
Labor modifying and installing new powertrain....

Small things....
Sensors, Intake, window washer jug, heat shields, driveline conversion etc. etc.

I guess your right. Didn't get my moneys worth!

Queue any Taylor Swift song now.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
btw labor cost is only 4K from that 35K rest is parts (which they take a cut of course as well). but you do also get a tazer mini with all the goodies setup right and they open up the heat extractor hood as well. Lots of little things. If you just order the MOPAR parts for the conversion from mopar you 20+ out the door plus all the other stuff like exhaust, tune etc. I actually don't think 35k is unreasonable after seeing the final product. Do it once do it right kinda thing
I can certainly understand the do it right part; and quality DOES cost.

Maybe im missing something that’s going i to it. But the frame/chassis was designed to accept a hemi from get go, so im confused as to how there’s $21k in fabrication.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I can certainly understand the do it right part; and quality DOES cost.

Maybe im missing something that’s going i to it. But the frame/chassis was designed to accept a hemi from get go, so im confused as to how there’s $21k in fabrication.
False. While its a Ram frame it was not designed or bracketed for a Hemi drop in.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Thats assuming you JUST get a 7k engine. Not thinking about things fully....

Wiring Harness
Transmission
Full 3.5" stainless exhaust
ECM
Brackets
High performance cooling system
Labor removing stock powertrain
Labor modifying and installing new powertrain....

Small things....
Sensors, Intake, window washer jug, heat shields, driveline conversion etc. etc.

I guess your right. Didn't get my moneys worth!

Queue any Taylor Swift song now.
Only you can decide if you got your money’s worth. I think its high order hot bullshit; but that is entirely irrelevant. Im here for pics and vid clips. 🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Only you can decide if you got your money’s worth. I think its high order hot bullshit; but that is entirely irrelevant. Im here for pics and vid clips. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Well hey, put in your blower....nothing wrong with that. Having had both on my JT....I can tell you I got a lot more for my money with the Hemi.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
False. While its a Ram frame it was not designed or bracketed for a Hemi drop in.
Not drop in/bolt up, but the frame was designed from day zero to accept a hemiat any time the execs said they wanted it; and thats direct from a jeep engineer.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Not drop in/bolt up, but the frame was designed from day zero to accept a hemiat any time the execs said they wanted it; and thats direct from a jeep engineer.
Its a statement made with little information and easily misunderstood. Thats why the Hemi Wrangler is also a 20k upgrade from the factory. Doesnt just magically pop in. It will be the same if the Gladiator ever sees a factory Hemi option.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Well hey, put in your blower....nothing wrong with that. Having had both on my JT....I can tell you I got a lot more for my money with the Hemi.
I can afford a blower. I cant afford to shit $35k for a v8. Believe me. If i could, i would.

OP
OP
Mopar King

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I can afford a blower. I cant afford to shit $35k for a v8. Believe me. If i could, i would.
Its got nothing to do with what you can afford. I give the same respect to a dude driving a bone stock Jeep as I do one with 150k build.

I did my build in stages. Started small with a 2" Mopar lift and 37s and then added a SC.

This was my next stage and there will likely be another.

Good luck with it! Please post a build thread when you do it so we can see your hard work and throw out some likes!

Jeep on my friend.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Its got nothing to do with what you can afford. I give the same respect to a dude driving a bone stock Jeep as I do one with 150k build.

I did my build in stages. Started small with a 2" Mopar lift and 37s and then added a SC.

This was my next stage and there will likely be another.

Good luck with it! Please post a build thread when you do it so we can see your hard work and throw out some likes!

Jeep on my friend.
Man please dont interpret anything im saying as not digging hemi swaps. I think theyre rad; and just because its too expensive for me to see the value at my income level doesnt mean it isnt there for people of different finances.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
And that helps
It's certainly EXPENSIVE since you also need a lift as a minimum but when you lift you want bigger tires too. so to go from stock to HEMI you looking at 40K minimum which is a shit ton of money. I think our point was more that you get your moneys worth rather than that this is anywhere near affordable or cheap for most folks which is a bummer as this is how the JT should roll

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
It's certainly EXPENSIVE since you also need a lift as a minimum but when you lift you want bigger tires too. so to go from stock to HEMI you looking at 40K minimum which is a shit ton of money. I think our point was more that you get your moneys worth rather than that this is anywhere near affordable or cheap for most folks which is a bummer as this is how the JT should roll
Makes sense. Im hoping the blower on my regear handles the business well enough. I could deploy again and pay for it, i guess, but i determine cost now half by dollar sign and half by how much time with my kids do i miss.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Y’all are getting me worked up into a froth! I’ve put a grand total of 675 miles on my JT since I bought it new in August and now I’m trying to justify a motor swap. I’m supposed to bring it in for regear in a few weeks but found myself browsing the Dynatrac web site this afternoon debating the pros and cons of 60/60 vs 60/80. Dangerous indeed.
Sponsored