John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar makes this? If so, I think it's bullshit to make something for a whole lot more money that does what the original should have done. I will let my insurance company know about it when I get my crack fixed. Winsdshield, not butt.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
To put this in perspective...... We also have a Volvo XC70, and when it was new a large rock fell off of a truck and hit the windshield and broke partially through. The vehicle was in the shop two days because of the associated electronics and they had to fly in the guy who worked on the glass for Volvo's. The cost of replacement was over $2500.00. Our insurance covered it less the $500 deductible though.

Sponsored

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Mopar makes this? If so, I think it's bullshit to make something for a whole lot more money that does what the original should have done. I will let my insurance company know about it when I get my crack fixed. Winsdshield, not butt.
They could make the glass bullet proof too. Cost prohibitive. I don't mind not paying an extra $500 for a new vehicle due to enhanced windshield. Saying they all should come with that windshield is like saying all JT 's should come standard with LED lighting, 8.4" or bigger touch screens, performance exhaust, the collision alert,keyless entry, Rubicon trim with Mojave shocks, etc. It has to be at least a little more affordable for the guy who wants to build on his own. If I ever need a replacement, my insurance may or may not cover it or subsidise the upgrade. I would be willing to pay difference if it truly is a better windshield.

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They could make the glass bullet proof too. Cost prohibitive. I don't mind not paying an extra $500 for a new vehicle due to enhanced windshield. Saying they all should come with that windshield is like saying all JT 's should come standard with LED lighting, 8.4" or bigger touch screens, performance exhaust, the collision alert,keyless entry, Rubicon trim with Mojave shocks, etc. It has to be at least a little more affordable for the guy who wants to build on his own. If I ever need a replacement, my insurance may or may not cover it or subsidise the upgrade. I would be willing to pay difference if it truly is a better windshield.
Not the same at all. Most of what you mention are preferences and I am glad we have the choice. The windshield that comes stock is a fragile piece of shit. I got a crack the first week of owning it. It is silly to think it would raise the price of the Jeep 500 dollars. More like 150.00 It would be worth it to not have such a fragile thing between flying debris and my dazzling mug.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not the same at all. Most of what you mention are preferences and I am glad we have the choice. The windshield that comes stock is a fragile piece of shit. I got a crack the first week of owning it. It is silly to think it would raise the price of the Jeep 500 dollars. More like 150.00 It would be worth it to not have such a fragile thing between flying debris and my dazzling mug.
Fact of it is, all vehicles get cracks and chipped windshields, not all vehicles have forums dedicated to a life style or certain vehicle that people can go on and complain. There are a small fraction of people it happens to when compared to those that it don't, that's why you get the glass you get. For reference mine cracked 2 days after owning it and now I have another cracked windshield as well. If you don't like getting cracks or chips, lower your insurance deductible down on your comprehensive and let the insurance pay for it. Mines at $50. Every vehicle I have owned for the past 15yrs has ended up with a chip or crack at some point and mostly because DOT keeps Messing with the roads and dump trunks driving at 70mph on the interstate is never a good combo.

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Fact of it is, all vehicles get cracks and chipped windshields, not all vehicles have forums dedicated to a life style or certain vehicle that people can go on and complain. There are a small fraction of people it happens to when compared to those that it don't, that's why you get the glass you get. For reference mine cracked 2 days after owning it and now I have another cracked windshield as well. If you don't like getting cracks or chips, lower your insurance deductible down on your comprehensive and let the insurance pay for it. Mines at $50. Every vehicle I have owned for the past 15yrs has ended up with a chip or crack at some point and mostly because DOT keeps Messing with the roads and dump trunks driving at 70mph on the interstate is never a good combo.
Ok, I guess I have been lucky. I have had a new vehicle every two years since 2005. In 2015 a jeep and now a Gladiator. The only two that cracked.
I will not call you a sheep and you can dispense with the complainer BS. It is my opinion because of the vertical design, they should include a better glass by design. For the record, I have zero deductible, so I'm good there. I have not replaced mine yet because I know it will happen again and since the crack is on the passenger side, I will wait. Love my Gladiator and can see keeping this beyond the 2 year mark. This thing is a beast.