Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not really, I buy some at local ham radio swap meets and sometimes on Ebay when I see a good deal. This type of wire is terribly expensive new but I've bought 1,000ft of 16ga 19 strand silver plated Teflon wire on Ebay in the past for $30. You have to look several times a day on Ebay as the good deals get bought up immediately then some of those buyers put it back on Ebay for closer to $1/ft.
Reminds me of an extra magneto I had for my Fairbanks Morse hit and miss engine. I sold it at a swap meet for $100. I saw it later on a table for $125. Then after lunch it was on another table for $150. By the end of the day I saw a price of 200 on it. I think I saw it on 4 or 5 tables in the course of that day.
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I got my extension wire, but the connectors were a different size than what my light wire connectors are—odd, the male end is just large enough to not thread and the female end has a nut too large to thread. I made it work with electrical tape.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is "out for delivery" and that means today before noon. Will be interesting to see if they've messed up the connectors or what's going on. Will have to try it right away and see how things go.

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I got my extension wire, but the connectors were a different size than what my light wire connectors are—odd, the male end is just large enough to not thread and the female end has a nut too large to thread. I made it work with electrical tape.
I just tried to install the extension. I yelled "what the F is wrong with this company." I've never purchased an Oracle product and based on my experience I'm leaning toward not buying again. Did they not QC this product before mailing?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
I just tried to install the extension. I yelled "what the F is wrong with this company." I've never purchased an Oracle product and based on my experience I'm leaning toward not buying again. Did they not QC this product before mailing?
If only they hadn’t skimped on 3-6 extra inches of wire to begin with.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
So the original harness was too short and now the “fix” is being shipped with the wrong connectors on each end?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
So the original harness was too short and now the “fix” is being shipped with the wrong connectors on each end?
For at least two of us so far….and the extension i received is like 40” long—didn’t measure, but had to loop it back/forth three times to zip tie up the slack. 😬

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
For at least two of us so far….and the extension i received is like 40” long—didn’t measure, but had to loop it back/forth three times to zip tie up the slack. 😬
My sheet said 6'. I too had to loop it back multiple times.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
My sheet said 6'. I too had to loop it back multiple times.
Mine probably was 6’, i was being generous with 4’. I didn’t read it. Installed it and looped it to/Fro.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine probably was 6’, i was being generous with 4’. I didn’t read it. Installed it and looped it to/Fro.
2' would have been 8 times what I needed. I'll likely see if I can pull it back and loop it in the channel behind the left tail light - but don't want it rubbing on the cylinder or tailgate "works" back in there either. But I don't want to have loops of wire under the truck.
I should go up to the road and check the mail, see if it's here......

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
2' would have been 8 times what I needed. I'll likely see if I can pull it back and loop it in the channel behind the left tail light - but don't want it rubbing on the cylinder or tailgate "works" back in there either. But I don't want to have loops of wire under the truck.
I should go up to the road and check the mail, see if it's here......
I looped mine zipped it without kinks and zipped it to the trailer wiring. I settled for a few secure electrical tape wraps of the connectors. Not “factory-looking” but I don’t know how many more times we would have to get this addressed to make it right.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Did you guys get shipping emails or did it just show up?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did you guys get shipping emails or did it just show up?
Got an email -
Your order no.xxxxxxxx has been fulfilled

There was other info in the email and a link to track it.

Got the email on the 13th, it was in a small flat rate box in the mail box this morning by noon.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
So I got my extension cable yesterday and climbed under my truck this morning to install the cable after I shortened the ridiculous 6ft length down to about 1ft. Here is a PM I just sent to Oracle that will describe my displeasure with the experience and product and the failed fix. Anyone share my opinion of the product? If so let Oracle know! Maybe it will force them to hire some QC people or fire some engineers and put out a better product. BTW, the extension cable pins fit but the threaded lock nut is a different size and cannot work, so I expect everyone waiting for their extension cable will be as pissed as I am when you go to install it.

To: JP_Oracle
"Hi, I received my extension cable yesterday and although most users of the bumper mount reverse lights only need about a foot of extension, my cable was about 6ft long. I shortened up the cable to about 1 ft, trimmed off all the Ty-Raps under my truck to loosen my original install only to find you put the wrong size connectors on the extension and they are not compatible.

So all the work you put into getting the extension cables is down the toilet because somebody didn't verify the size. How can you run a company like this? I guess you can but there goes a bunch of profit and future business as I don't want anything to do with Oracle after this bad adventure of lights not fitting without trimming things and failure to engineer a proper seal and strain relief where the wires enter the light and the supplied cables are way to short in most installs and the cable to fix that is way too long and can't be used anyway.

Please let me know if you plan on making and sending a useable extension, otherwise I'll rip my lights out and wire them from scratch from the housing to the vehicle harness the way it should have been from the factory.

Mike"
Sponsored