First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
The rails are a good way to see Alaska and Canada.
We’re just onto other topics that isn’t related to what started the thread. We’ve probably exhausted the mental brilliance of guessing what caused our good and new member to loose his prize vehicle and I hope, for all of us, he comes back to educate us on what happened. I raise my many bottles and cans of beer to this individual and wish him speedy insurance payout and hope they don’t drag their a$$e$ like everything else out there is doing.

This thread has inspired me to start another thread I’m sure will spark debate!

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
We’ve probably exhausted the mental brilliance of guessing what caused our good and new member to loose his prize vehicle and I hope, for all of us, he comes back to educate us on what happened.
Thats what I was going to say. We can speculate about what happened another 10 pages but that was a dead horse. Besides the tragedy was born from a camping trip so part of the speculation was camper related which just evolved into other camping trips. But I do hope we eventually get a definitive update on what happened eventually.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Are there any 4 season light campers that anybody knows of. I don't want like a tiny pod, but something small that has heat/ac, enough room to stand and walk around in at least part of it and maybe sleep 2 people that don't want to hold each other and a dog. I want something for Hunting and some camping in the summer.
This one is really spiffy, but oh is it expensive. And no A/C. (Personally, I don't ever want to camp where I need A/C. That's why we have mountains. If it's too hot, you just go higher.)

Sponsored

Shaqeroni

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator & 2021 Jeep JL Wrangler
Occupation
Retired LEO
Saw this today in Calgary when I was coming home. Not even going to speculate other than maybe it was too heavy a trailer, and it got awfully hot up front.

DF6F28F1-2EE4-493B-B310-86F881829C1B.jpeg
I wonder if the 8.4" radio is available?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
My brother in law/best friend for 35 years has had amazing results rebuilding old Coleman lanterns and stoves. He's made a habit of going to my Dad's on Saturday mornings to make coffee on one of his projects - while I'm at the Farmer's Market buying goodies for Sunday dinners at my house.

If you kept that old stove, it's a red tank or a brass tank, and can be fixed!

Edit to add: I remember when we were in high school and deer hunting my BIL and a buddy bailing on the tent and sleeping in a Datsun B210 because it was so cold, I get it. On the other hand, when you have the right bag, a tent is luxury!

In my 60's , I still camp once or twice a year (deer and elk hunts) with my older brother in a 20 year old Eureka tent on the ground, haul all our water in (~2 gallons/day each) and yes, crap on the ground. Had a Coleman 2-burner stove for 35 years that finally sprang a leak, so I bought a brand-spanking new one. Two years later the thing wouldn't make a blue flame and had to buy my third stove. The Chinese certainly don't make things like we used to.

Deer hunts near the Mexico border usually aren't too cold, except in 2008 when we had a cold snap and all our water jugs froze solid for a few days. I've got an October elk hunt coming up in the White Mountains (~6,000 ft elev) that could go either way, weather-wise. Last year it was excellent weather (for us,) but the warm temps and drought conditions drove the elk to higher elevation. At least that's our excuse for not bagging one, and we're sticking to it.

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
My guess is a faulty wiring harness. The same thing happened to me in a Porsche 993 and that's what it was, which Porsche reimbursed the insurance company.

porsche9931995fire1 (1).png

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
if i went diesel i'd be after full delete egr and def with tune, such a hassle, better off to buy a gasser and drop a rebuilt 4bt in it if you want diesel done right i suppose, heck i'd supercharge the pentastar before going ecodiesel, a couple psi boost from 2500-3000 rpm would do the trick

i think he was overloaded also, too much trailer (size and weight) for jeep platform period, and wonder do they have tow mode? my ram pentastar 8-spd had tow mode with the tow package and made a big difference, comfortable towing to me usually means half of whatever the highest number is for the vehicle, my ram pentastar 4wd crew had 7200 lb tow rating, these glads get up to 7600...so even with manual at 4000-4500 that's just about the limit you'd want for a mid size v6 imo...

i tow with my sport-s manual, it's a 6'x6'x14' v-nose all aluminum enclosed cargo trailer with a stated dry weight of 1800 lbs, i've camperized it and looks like i've got it up to about 2700 lbs dry, adding bodies and fluids and gear etc. we add about 3400 lbs in total to the bare jeep...zero issues, i've lifted it (mopar), run on 37's, 4.88 axle ratio's, does fantastic, tandem axle with brakes on all four tires and curt echo brake controller, two seasons now, up and over mountains in 104f degree weather (40c) no probs, we are within all parameters in the manual and it tows fantastic, stops fantastic and an fyi to anyone with these skinny jeep wrangler based rigs is that 6' wide trailers are perfect for them...mirrors work perfect for that width, also added timbren 3000 lb helper springs for the sag and handling and they work like a charm, don't really notice them empty as they aren't in contact until you compress the springs about 1" or a little more, then they handle the extra load from there, was somewhat squishy and squirrelly before this mod, i don't offroad beyond hunting/fishing duty and still have enough articulation for that

trailer got a 3" lift as well ;)

good luck to owner, get a gas one with max tow, add a supercharger if you want that low rpm boost and downsize your trailer for these jeeps imo

Last edited:

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
jeeps are not trucks...
jeep with a truck box is still a jeep...
get a truck for truck towing...
get an jeep trailer for jeep towing...
would not wanna feel the weight or sway of some of the rigs i've seen towed on here
jeeps are live axle skinny bricks with 4wd...even the one with the box on it ;)

Reactions: Tim

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Tnis may be the first time Ive ever helped get a thread back on track. I expect zero views, but appreciate the opportu ity...

Thank you for posting this. I think I’ve seen similar demonstrations but nothing like illustrating why “all that maths” actually does matter.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I threw a code while pulling my camper recently. Thankfully I was just adjusting my wdh so wasn’t really on the road at all.

P0480

happened to already have an appointment at the dealer so added it to the list, wholly believing it was just a faulty sensor. Turns out my cooling fan just stopped working…good timing to have it fixed since i have a trip with the family next week.

makes me think this could have happened to me if I hadn’t gotten the code when I did.
Sponsored