Rugged Ridge Arcus

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
First winch install question: Arcus bumper arrived last week, winch arrived today, but I'm waiting on my synthetic cable. Should I install the bumper and winch now, then unspool the steel cable and install the synthetic later when it arrives...or will I not have enough room once it's all installed? While I'd love to get things moving now, I don't want to complicate it unnecessarily by not waiting. I've never swapped cables before so I wasn't sure if I can even pull the steel cable easily without the winch being mounted. I had also thought about removing the steel cable, installing everything (bare winch), then trying to attach the synthetic cable (while mounted) once it arrives this weekend.

Any thoughts?
Get it all done now. You have to install the winch without the cable/line anyways and spool once it is mounted and the fairilead is attached.
Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
You will be fine. I took my synthetic line out this weekend to change my fairlead. I had a red one but it looked like lips LOL. It was tight but I was able to change it. The line was no problem. I treated it with some silicone while it was
First winch install question: Arcus bumper arrived last week, winch arrived today, but I'm waiting on my synthetic cable. Should I install the bumper and winch now, then unspool the steel cable and install the synthetic later when it arrives...or will I not have enough room once it's all installed? While I'd love to get things moving now, I don't want to complicate it unnecessarily by not waiting. I've never swapped cables before so I wasn't sure if I can even pull the steel cable easily without the winch being mounted. I had also thought about removing the steel cable, installing everything (bare winch), then trying to attach the synthetic cable (while mounted) once it arrives this weekend.

Any thoughts?
You will be fine. I took my synthetic line out this weekend to change my fairlead. I had a red one but it looked like lips LOL. It was tight but I was able to change it. The line was no problem. I treated it with some silicone while it was out.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Anyone know if a sport-S's stock LED fog lights fit right into this?

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
machinist
Do the factory Rubicon LED fog lights work with this bumper. The rugged ridge site only states that the factory lights from the Sport and Sahara fit.

• "Built-In Fog Light Pockets Utilize Factory Fog Lights on Sahara & Sport Models"
Thanks

Sponsored

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Do the factory Rubicon LED fog lights work with this bumper. The rugged ridge site only states that the factory lights from the Sport and Sahara fit.

• "Built-In Fog Light Pockets Utilize Factory Fog Lights on Sahara & Sport Models"
Thanks
Can confirm that the Rubicon fog lights (plastic bumper) work. Although, there were brackets for the steel bumper available in the box IIRC.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Has anyone installed this without a winch? I like the look but don’t need a winch. If so, please post pics.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Has anyone installed this without a winch? I like the look but don’t need a winch. If so, please post pics.
It will have a huge gap in the top. You could fabricate a panel. There are some pictures on here of it mounted without a winch, doesn’t look great without one.

mojavegraygladiator

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator mojave
Build Thread
Link
Question??!!?? Thinking about getting this bumper I have the LED package in my Mojave does the LED fog lights just unplug and put into the new bumper or is there a bunch of re wiring involved

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Question??!!?? Thinking about getting this bumper I have the LED package in my Mojave does the LED fog lights just unplug and put into the new bumper or is there a bunch of re wiring involved
Fog lights just move over to the new bumper. No rewiring necessary other than disassembling the factory bumper to get the fogs and the wiring harness out all in one piece. It’s a simple install.

Sponsored

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Just to piggyback on the previous response (which is correct, you simply need to disassemble the OEM bumper to get your harness out and then just plug and play)...the RR Arcus does come with the adaptors for both styles of fog lights. This means it doesn't matter which fogs you have, as you will have all needed pieces to add them to the new bumper easily.

mojavegraygladiator

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just to piggyback on the previous response (which is correct, you simply need to disassemble the OEM bumper to get your harness out and then just plug and play)...the RR Arcus does come with the adaptors for both styles of fog lights. This means it doesn't matter which fogs you have, as you will have all needed pieces to add them to the new bumper easily.
Fucking awesome! Thanks for doubling up on response I’m new so need all the help I can get

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Just ordered this bumper form The Rugged Ridge website. They had it for 15% off and a $100 mail in rebate. Ordered an x-bull winch off Amazon to go with it. Can’t wait..

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Just ordered this bumper form The Rugged Ridge website. They had it for 15% off and a $100 mail in rebate. Ordered an x-bull winch off Amazon to go with it. Can’t wait..
Well, you may have to wait! It took me three months to get my RR bumper! Really like it, though!
Sponsored