First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Well, you may have to wait! It took me three months to get my RR bumper! Really like it, though!
I got my tracking number today. It will be here Friday! I was worried about that, but looks like I got lucky. Winch will be here Thursday. The guy buying my stock bumper will be here Friday. My plan is all coming together. I also ordered an interrupter kit for it. Not sure when you that is getting here. It shipped but only the label was created.
Sponsored

JeepinGA

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2021 BMW M4
I got my tracking number today. It will be here Friday! I was worried about that, but looks like I got lucky. Winch will be here Thursday. The guy buying my stock bumper will be here Friday. My plan is all coming together. I also ordered an interrupter kit for it. Not sure when you that is getting here. It shipped but only the label was created.
Let us know how the install goesā€¦ I have the same thing coming in a few days hopefully.

Last edited:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Has anyone installed this without a winch? I like the look but donā€™t need a winch. If so, please post pics.
Mine is installed without a winch currently and while it looks good the huge hole is there. It would have been nice to come with some sort of plate to fill that hole as an option. So you will either need to fabricate one or put a winch there. I am going to be putting in a winch eventually so I haven't covered mine.

Splooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
No difference. The Arcus bumper is really just a shell that covers the beefy winch plate. The whole thing isnā€™t very heavy at all. My winch has synthetic rope so even with a 12k winch on it it still doesnā€™t compress the front springs a measurable amount from what it was with a factory bumper. I was on the fence about the Arcus and considered several others but it really checked all the boxes except being indestructible which probably wasnā€™t realistic.i like that itā€™s a stubby but thatā€™s itā€™s not too short. It was places for fog lights and a recessed winch which on a stubby is hard to find. My Mojaveā€™s steel skid plate is being powder coated black and once I get it bolted on I think the front end appearance will be complete. I also added a factor 55 expert flatlink to replace the warm hook. Much safer and improves the appearance even more
I have a 2021 Mojave and considering the Arcus. So, there were no fit issues with this bumper and the front skid plate? It fit right out of the box?
thanks
Cyrus

Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks. One last question. Did the factory LED fog lights fit?
My Sport S had the factory "Premium" plastic bumper with fog lights. Upgraded to Oracle LED fogs without a problem. Then moved them over to the Arcus bumper again without a problem.
One point to note...removing the wiring harness from the plastic bumper is a royal P.I.T.A. all the damn plastic clips etc. Just about have to destroy it.

Also did not reuse the factory plastic "skid plate". Only kept the metal cross member guard that mounts to crash bars. Will probably get the RR skid plate at some point.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus FB_IMG_1634431925924 (2)

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus FB_IMG_1638061570480 (2)

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
Also did not reuse the factory plastic "skid plate". Only kept the metal cross member guard that mounts to crash bars. Will probably get the RR skid plate at some point.
You answered my question before I posted it - that when going from a plastic Sport bumper, adding a skid plate is not required (but probably recommended)?

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
You answered my question before I posted it - that when going from a plastic Sport bumper, adding a skid plate is not required (but probably recommended)?
I've seen plenty of Jeeps running without a skid plate up front. Would have to be getting into some serious rocks for it to be an issue I think.

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen plenty of Jeeps running without a skid plate up front. Would have to be getting into some serious rocks for it to be an issue I think.
My 2010 JKU has had a stubby bumper w/o front skid plate for years. The off-roading I do hasn't been a problem at all.
However, the MOPAR (and other sites) say that a front skid plate is required for installation of the Rubicon 3 piece bumper (which makes a pretty nice stubby bumper). This all goes back to my trying to minimize how much front-end weight increase I do the "jeeptruck" by going from factory plastic to steel (or aluminum) stubby.

Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
My 2010 JKU has had a stubby bumper w/o front skid plate for years. The off-roading I do hasn't been a problem at all.
However, the MOPAR (and other sites) say that a front skid plate is required for installation of the Rubicon 3 piece bumper (which makes a pretty nice stubby bumper). This all goes back to my trying to minimize how much front-end weight increase I do the "jeeptruck" by going from factory plastic to steel (or aluminum) stubby.
I did a Terraflex level kit to help with the extra weight of bumper and winch.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
The factory skid mounts to the frame horns that hang down. Some people cut those off for more clearance under the bumper.
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus E2B37435-95DF-4103-84B6-82B888FC7033

Echo26

First Name
ETC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTR
Occupation
Student of Life
Love it! I've had it for almost a year, through 2 bug seasons and it's holding up perfectly! I haven't decided which winch I'm going with but I believe the opening is big enough for any model.

20210308_182056.jpg
Did the license plate holder come with the bumper?

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 F-150, ā€˜15 CTS, ā€˜21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Bought and installed one over the holidays. If I had to do it over I might've went with the RR stubby instead. Same "tusks," sturdier, and IMO better fog light placement.

It's a looker tho! Even with one or two pin rust-spots starting to show through.

20220104_132508.jpg
Sponsored