Rugged Ridge Arcus

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
My Arcus started to rust around the front bolt holes after about 18 months. I had it stripped and re-powder coated with a primer underneath. We’ll see how long it holds up this time.

26E813EF-FACE-4740-BBBC-41890463D78D.jpeg

10F41074-2387-4FB2-9F8B-2905AB69103F.jpeg
Noticing the plate do you drive salted roads?
Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Noticing the plate do you drive salted roads?
Yep. Midwest road salt eats away at everything. But noticed a little rust after the first winter which i think was due to the powder coat stress cracking around the bolt holes when the bumper was tightened down.
I expect the bumper would last longer if you live in an area without road salt.
That being said I still really like the bumper and having it recoated wasn’t a big deal. (Around $200) and expect it to last much longer this time.

I also cut down the “tusks” so they wouldn’t block the bumper lights. I had the bull bar on previously and it wasn’t very strong.

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I noticed mine has a bit of rust at the openings to the cleats after 4 weeks. Pretty sure it's lack of paint at the edges combined with banging it around installing it. Installing these takes 7 hands and a sh!t ton of patience. The washers also crush into the face and distort as they tighten pulling the finish off of the bumper face. I installed 1/4 inch spacers from svc707 between the frame horns and the winch plate as there is a huge gap. This also helped relieve the pressure of the winch on the grill. I thought about cutting down the "horns" and mounting my lights directly to the existing bull bar hole but ended up using a 3/4 inch coupler painted black with a longer bolt to get the lights up and over the horn. I think it turned out good and they are super solid. A bit of rust isn't a deal killer for me. If needed I'll just repaint it.

20220514_112544.jpg

20220514_181158.jpg

20220514_193034.jpg

20220514_113840.jpg

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Yep. Midwest road salt eats away at everything. But noticed a little rust after the first winter which i think was due to the powder coat stress cracking around the bolt holes when the bumper was tightened down.
I expect the bumper would last longer if you live in an area without road salt.
That being said I still really like the bumper and having it recoated wasn’t a big deal. (Around $200) and expect it to last much longer this time.

I also cut down the “tusks” so they wouldn’t block the bumper lights. I had the bull bar on previously and it wasn’t very strong.
I noticed mine has a bit of rust at the openings to the cleats after 4 weeks. Pretty sure it's lack of paint at the edges combined with banging it around installing it. Installing these takes 7 hands and a sh!t ton of patience. The washers also crush into the face and distort as they tighten pulling the finish off of the bumper face. I installed 1/4 inch spacers from svc707 between the frame horns and the winch plate as there is a huge gap. This also helped relieve the pressure of the winch on the grill. I thought about cutting down the "horns" and mounting my lights directly to the existing bull bar hole but ended up using a 3/4 inch coupler painted black with a longer bolt to get the lights up and over the horn. I think it turned out good and they are super solid. A bit of rust isn't a deal killer for me. If needed I'll just repaint it.

20220514_112544.jpg

20220514_181158.jpg

20220514_193034.jpg

20220514_113840.jpg
I can see minor bare metal where the bolts are too. I've had to remove and and reinstall the bolts a few times to fix and adjust my winch, I can already see bare metal there so it will rust... eventually. The powder coat just isn't very thick there. Whatever, for what I paid, I can have it recoated for around $200-$300 and still be under what I would pay for one of the premier bumpers that come unfinished.

Florida Mojave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2018 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave
I just got my Arcus bumper last week, picked up the Apex Badlands 12k from HF on sale also. Has anyone installed this combo on the Mojave? I have seen it on other JT models and it sits differently.
I am having issues with the positive wire coming out of the control box smashed up against the grill and was looking for ideas...
Thanks in advance.
Update: 06/09/2022
Just installed the new bumper and I completely love the look, exactly what I was after....
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus IMG_0656
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus IMG_0652

Last edited:

Sponsored

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
I just got my Arcus bumper last week, picked up the Apex Badlands 12k from HF on sale also. Has anyone installed this combo on the Mojave? I have seen it on other JT models and it sits differently.
I am having issues with the positive wire coming out of the control box smashed up against the grill and was looking for ideas...
Thanks in advance.
Get some Arcus spacer plates from SVC707 in the exterior classified area. He has 1/4 and 3/8 inch precut ready to go for your situation.

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Does anyone have the part number for the d ring shackles to replace those giant hooks? I saw it in a thread here once but haven’t been able to find it again

Dont the hooks have D-ring holes on them??

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Have it on my Mojave with a Warn 10S. Yes the cables are tight but they were on my previous zMopar bumper too.

5AB1BD93-2916-49D3-9CD3-59E864B845BE.jpeg

Sponsored

Jpeazy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4 w/ Max Tow
Occupation
USN
Hate to ask this dumb question. Where did yall get the star bit to tighten down the bolts for the hooks?

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Thanks in advance.
I just opened up the control box and rerouted the positive lead through a hole I drilled out.
I’m not sure how the spacer solution works as recommended by another user, but this works for me. It’s super tight, just touches the grill but I’m not sure that the spacer place would do anything for the winch plate unless you drilled new holes into the winch plate.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus 948FEE56-5C7B-4B07-BB2B-5140AC60007D