Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Get the shackle mounts. Much cleaner look and dont get in the way. Shackle mounts offer more function as well.
I'm definitely leaning that way, but it's been pretty nice having the hooks on my stock bumper at a few Jamborees and other off-roading trips where I've gotten high-centered and the person in front of me only needed to throw a tow rope over the hook to quickly yank me over (that sounds obscene, but you know what I mean). The giant hooks that come with the bumper do have shackle mounts too, so there's that. Plus I think the hooks have a place to use a hi-lift jack, right?
Sponsored

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
When you say "cut the round nib off the back of the shackle mount" are you talking about the part that kind of sticks out the front around the 'root' of the shackle mount? I'm torn between trying to replace the horns with these shackle mounts, or using the spacer to raise my lights above the horns.
The frame horns have a hole where the otherwise flat back/base of the shackle mount "round button/nipple/nib" would key into if there was not a winch mount plate covering the face of the frame horn.

It's way easier to cut the nib off than to perfectly layout and drill a hole in the winch plate.

I just bolted the inside holes of shackle mount to the outside holes on the frame horn to hold it while I used a Sawzall to cut across the back to remove the nib.

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
Get the shackle mounts. Much cleaner look and dont get in the way. Shackle mounts offer more function as well.

0CF9B905-D465-4DFD-889D-0AF640E9D59A.jpeg
If you switch to the Teraflex tabs , you will be able to use shackles. They stick ot farther than the RR? that you used.

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
I'm definitely leaning that way, but it's been pretty nice having the hooks on my stock bumper at a few Jamborees and other off-roading trips where I've gotten high-centered and the person in front of me only needed to throw a tow rope over the hook to quickly yank me over (that sounds obscene, but you know what I mean). The giant hooks that come with the bumper do have shackle mounts too, so there's that. Plus I think the hooks have a place to use a hi-lift jack, right?
There is still the same amount of space to insert the hi-lift using the TF tabs.
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus 20221224_150437

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Right I forgot the horns had shackle mounts.

Sponsored

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
There is still the same amount of space to insert the hi-lift using the TF tabs.
Oh, I see - the hi-lift sticks into the hole under the hook, which isn't covered over by the shackle mounts. Makes sense.

tonyperkins1

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT Analyst
Have it on my Mojave with a Warn 10S. Yes the cables are tight but they were on my previous zMopar bumper too.

Do you have a link to the exact shackle mounts you used here? Did you paint that portion of them orange? I havent installed my Arcus yet. Is this something you want to do while installing or can you replace the large hooks with the shackle mounts afterwards with little effort?

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Do you have a link to the exact shackle mounts you used here? Did you paint that portion of them orange? I havent installed my Arcus yet. Is this something you want to do while installing or can you replace the large hooks with the shackle mounts afterwards with little effort?
They were from amazon and I cant find that link anywhere. Just the JK shackle mount from Rugged Ridge, should be on their website.
yeah painted them orange to match the Mojave trim. The oem hooks were orange and I liked the look. I would get it done first, the bumper is a slight pain to put on compared to oem Rubicon steel bumper.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave

What light bar is that, did you just pop some holes in the shell to mount it? Thanks.

OP
OP
Courtsm3

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
What light bar is that, did you just pop some holes in the shell to mount it? Thanks.
Brightsource Titanium 20” single row. Yes I popped two holes to make it work. My Baja Designs Squadrons are in the existing holes for the hoop bar.

Sponsored

'22JTRD

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Real Estate
See post #157 above for the Teraflex mount link

Jclow801

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2006 Lexus IS 250
Build Thread
Link
Did anyone have a battle getting the winch plate to fit between the two frame rails? On one of the install videos on YouTube they had to use a rubber mallet to coerce the plate into place, but mine doesn’t even look close… Tempted to use my high lift to push the frame rails apart to slide it in but that feels like a very bad idea.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
My winch plate fit fine, using a 0.1: thick washer on one side since it was slightly narrower than the distance between the frame rails.

c4nuck

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone repainted or recoated their Arcus? This is after just 2 years...

This weekend I'm going to hit it with a wire wheel and then try repainting it, still unsure what paint to use, but I'm leaning towards the Tremclad "pro" rust enamel flat black.

Local shop asked if I wanted to order another when I sent them this pic, ummmm, no thanks 🙄

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus 20230626_120022
Sponsored