Rugged Ridge Arcus

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
My Sport S had the factory "Premium" plastic bumper with fog lights. Upgraded to Oracle LED fogs without a problem. Then moved them over to the Arcus bumper again without a problem.
One point to note...removing the wiring harness from the plastic bumper is a royal P.I.T.A. all the damn plastic clips etc. Just about have to destroy it.

Also did not reuse the factory plastic "skid plate". Only kept the metal cross member guard that mounts to crash bars. Will probably get the RR skid plate at some point.

FB_IMG_1634431925924 (2).jpg

FB_IMG_1638061570480 (2).jpg
Well don't be in a rush for it and look at other options. It took them over 6 months to get me my RR Skid plate that was supposed to be in stock at time of shipment.
Sponsored

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Any Mojave owners have an issue with fitting this bumper on with the stock skid plate? I know the size of the plate can sometimes get in the way of bumper upgrades.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I agree it looks really nice, but out the door it was way more expensive when I factored it in. I got my RR for something like $420 vs the $800 option for Mopar. Add on the mandatory LED light package ($1100) and then $300 for the plate and it ends up being a $2200 option.

Its nice, but I can pretty cheaply coat my RR in bed liner to deal with the small rust spots.

This...

I don't mind paying a premium, but... FFS.

Tell me why the MOPAR steel bumper design couldn't have been such to accommodate the JTR plastic bumper factory LED lights, and JTR skid plates? Poor engineering and fucking the customer.

ETA:

In all fairness, I had specific criteria in my bumper -- in no specific order:

no suspension sag
compatible with the factory JTR skidplate
compatible with the factory LED fog lights
compatible with a 12K winch -- ultimately went with a 10K Smitty.
lower profile winch mount -- better leverage
lower profile winch mount -- keeps synthetic cable protected from UV

Last edited:

Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Did you mount the RC lights to the plate?
Yes. Under the plate is a piece of aluminum flat stock. Used that to stiffen the plate and provide a mounting surface.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
@Jpeazy21

aluminum diamond plate custom cut and sprayed black.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus 32ECC91A-E4B3-4D35-9C90-B1564DB42E7B
How did you attach the diamond plate?? I will eventually get a winch but want something to cover the hole for the time being. I found some inexpensive abs black diamond plate. But haven't unboxed my Arcus yet to look and see how I might be able to rig something up.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
How did you attach the diamond plate?? I will eventually get a winch but want something to cover the hole for the time being. I found some inexpensive abs black diamond plate. But haven't unboxed my Arcus yet to look and see how I might be able to rig something up.
Use some sturdy cardboard to mock up a template. It’s not straight or rectangular. Lots of subtle curves and angles needed to get it just right. Once it’s perfect, transfer the design to your material and cut it out. The plate is held in place with the overrider bar and the flat stock for rigidity.

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
My Arcus started to rust around the front bolt holes after about 18 months. I had it stripped and re-powder coated with a primer underneath. We’ll see how long it holds up this time.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus 26E813EF-FACE-4740-BBBC-41890463D78D

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Arcus 10F41074-2387-4FB2-9F8B-2905AB69103F
Sponsored