Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
The Badge of Honor app has a bunch of good reviews of all the trails. Also, there are a ton of YouTube videos of many of the trails, so you can see what they actually look like before you attempt.
yea but posting it here means all of us have 1 base model the JT. dont have to sort the JL JK WJ Tjs
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Ok I came up with plan. So far... TN I will hit up Windrock park for #56, 26 and maybe 16. Then in Indiana I will hit Red Bird for #5 #3x? #3 #2?. From there I will head north to Michigan and do Holly Oaks, and South Marblehead. Heading East if my friends come I will do UT and those associated ones if not Im going to Glacier NP since I havent gone there and then head south through Idaho and then Reno to my parents place in Tahoe to do Rubicon and then home. The ?s are ones that I dont know if a stock JTRD can make. If anybody could clarify them more that would be awesome.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
You may have missed your opportunity to do some of those passes in Colorado. I was just up there last weekend and a snow storm came in on Sunday. The upper trails will start to get dangerous this time of year and I’ve seen the gates shut early.

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
You may have missed your opportunity to do some of those passes in Colorado. I was just up there last weekend and a snow storm came in on Sunday. The upper trails will start to get dangerous this time of year and I’ve seen the gates shut early.
dang its 95 degrees here in SF

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I came up with plan. So far... TN I will hit up Windrock park for #56, 26 and maybe 16. Then in Indiana I will hit Red Bird for #5 #3x? #3 #2?. From there I will head north to Michigan and do Holly Oaks, and South Marblehead. Heading East if my friends come I will do UT and those associated ones if not Im going to Glacier NP since I havent gone there and then head south through Idaho and then Reno to my parents place in Tahoe to do Rubicon and then home. The ?s are ones that I dont know if a stock JTRD can make. If anybody could clarify them more that would be awesome.
Just be mindful that Holly Oaks is only open Thursday and Friday 2-8pm and sat / sunday 10am to 8pm. You'll have to buy a flag, mount for the tow hook (or drill a hole in your bumper) and I think they sell ORV sticker and trail sticker there or in town at the ACE hardware store.
I'd suggest this mount on Amazon which is a bolt on to the tow hook with no drilling necessary
Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD Flag Mount 1

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Just be mindful that Holly Oaks is only open Thursday and Friday 2-8pm and sat / sunday 10am to 8pm. You'll have to buy a flag, mount for the tow hook (or drill a hole in your bumper) and I think they sell ORV sticker and trail sticker there or in town at the ACE hardware store.
I'd suggest this mount on Amazon which is a bolt on to the tow hook with no drilling necessary
Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD Flag Mount 1
Thanks for this!!!!!!! I didnt realize that they were closed I thought it would be open most of the time. Too bad we couldnt just make a whip long enough and install it on the stock radio antenna... I wonder if they have one of those. Or maybe I can rig something up that can go on the rear hitch slider im going to build. You wouldnt happen to know what the thread size is do you? How long/ high must whip/flag be?

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor

Atch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Painter
Just so you are aware, Redbird is a muddy forest. Yes you can do it all but would be wise to have another rig with you for recoveries and body damage is possible with all the sliding around in a forest. I was the only one of the 4 of us that left without damage.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
If you’re going through MO - Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR) near Seymore,MO has two easy badges; Pee Wee’s Crossing and Guard Rail.

did both stock sport s(in dry weather).

Only damage was a (tiny) slice in a tire but I toss that to dumb luck plus the factory Bridgestones.
I was going to mention these, but it sounds like you have other plans now. I did both the first time I was at SMORR in my LJ with 31" tires and 2" lift. Stock JLs and JTs were doing them with no problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Just so you are aware, Redbird is a muddy forest. Yes you can do it all but would be wise to have another rig with you for recoveries and body damage is possible with all the sliding around in a forest. I was the only one of the 4 of us that left without damage.
Hmmm that doesnt sound too bad..... what kind of vehicles were you guys in? What were you in? Im use to the CA clay. Maybe I will be able to tag along with groups that I find along the way... but I wont be holding my breath.

Atch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Painter
Hmmm that doesnt sound too bad..... what kind of vehicles were you guys in? What were you in? Im use to the CA clay. Maybe I will be able to tag along with groups that I find along the way... but I wont be holding my breath.
I was in a well built JKU I was with 2 XJ's and a TJ. Here is the best pic I have that shows some of the mud there. The JK experience went there so you can find some videos. Just wanted to give ya a heads up.

20140525_140855.jpg

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Which Badge of Honor trails can I do on a stock JTRD 20140525_140855
Do you have a link to that mount? Or the manufacturer name?

OP
OP
Jocww

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Looks like i can almost just put 2 pieces of flat stock drill holes so i can bolt it together then just heat up 1 piece of the flat stock and put a 90 twist on it and then weld on a nut.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase