Sponsored

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry for the loss, but that's why we have insurance.
The insurance company will do all the fighting with the Dealership, so hopefully you won't.
As long as you get what's the Jeep's worth, you'll probably be OK financially.

I didn't see any response from the Dealership on their part in this, but when insurance pays out, the right thing to do is for the Dealer to sell you another JT for the insurance payout.

I've had a couple of cars totaled and every time I did ok. I even had one written off for Hail Damage (Colorado common occurrence) and Insurance paid almost what I paid new 3 years prior.

I will say, it's hard to watch the vid of the JT burning!!!
Sponsored

JeepnDoggos

First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys Gladiator, 21 Rubicon JL, 18 Mojito JLU
Occupation
Driver

Sponsored

rubi2022sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator rubicon 1966 Jeep commando
Occupation
Lawyer
The first thing I would do is notify the dealer that they are in the hook for this. An attorney worth his salt would have a field day with this case. They will then cover all your mods plus time away from work to deal with issue etc.

Holes

Banned
Banned
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver / Welder / Father

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Hmm, possible Jeep dealer statements:

"TEh LArgE TyrEs CAUseD thE FirE"

"TEh AfTErmARket BUmpEr wAs Too HeAvy CAusing OVerHeat ANd FiRe"
We laugh at this…but I’ll saw my arm off if there’s not a dealer out there that wouldn’t say this…

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
No apology or anything. Just told me to file a claim with my insurance.
Wow. I would have been calm till that point. Scorched earth after that. A dealership has never pissed me off bad enough to do this, but that would do this is what I would do. Hire an attorney, contact the local news, and destroy their online reputation.

Then a few weeks later, I’d offer to help them with my reputation management services. Just to twist the knife. 🤣

I’ve thought about this before because a new dealership I had to use when out of town didn’t fix one of my warranty concerns and pulled the could not duplicate BS that infuriates me. They called me to tell me it’s ready and will I wasted their time so they are going to charge me a diagnostic fee. I stayed calm and told them that it would be a good idea to remove the charge before I got there. Maybe me being calm and saying it matter of fact like that scared them or something because I had no bill when I got there.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
We laugh at this…but I’ll saw my arm off if there’s not a dealer out there that wouldn’t say this…
Wait, so are you saying you'll cut off your arm if we can find a dealer that would use that as an excuse?
Or are you saying you'll cut off your arm if we can find a dealer that wouldn't use that as an excuse?

Because either way, you're gonna bleed. Both definitely exist.

Sponsored

tumbes2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
I also had an issue with the start stop twice. First issue they said was the sensor saying the hood is open was shorted and apparently that is on the same circuit as the start stop system. Second time they claimed the winch is what caused the system not to work. Winch had been on for several months before I had issues. when I got it back they left the winch disconnected from the battery. After that I went back to the dealer that sold me the truck even though it's 30 minutes further away.

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so sorry for you! I know the helpless feeling of watching one of your machines burn to the ground. I pray your insurance company steps up and it works out the best it can for you.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Insurance will cover it and hopefully give a good payout based on the crazy used vehicle prices, but you will be out your deductible. You will have to fight the dealership to try to recoup that. I'm going through it right now.

wv_gladiator

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt rubicon diesel
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just did my oil change on my JTRD, i'm out of my free ones. I didn't want to let the dealer to do it, plus its expensive. Whoever put the drain plug in last time should be shot. It was TIGHT. Hate going to dealerships. Glad no one was injured in your ordeal.
Sponsored