First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
No words. Just sorry and glad you are ok. Dealer taking responsibility?

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How is the dealership treating this issue?

Just about every vehicle fire I have seen, the dealership and corporate wash their hands of it and play stupid forcing the issue back onto the owner who then has to deal with either a lawyer and/or their insurance to cover the loss.

You, me, God and everybody else knows the dealership is at fault here, but since fire messes everything up, proving that is a uphill battle.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
No apology or anything. Just told me to file a claim with my insurance.
Figures, they own the financial high ground to distance themselves from such things. Kind of wish this would happen to someone with F*ck You money to take them to task over this.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Surprised they let you stay that close to it. It could've gone big boom! Glad everyone is safe

Sponsored

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
Yes, sadly. No f*cks whatsoever even if their fault.
No where near as serious, but my dealer forgot to put the coolant cap back on after an oil change in prep for a long towing trip. Ended up on the side of the 5 with a glowing-hot engine and no coolant. Response was "hey, we flushed and refilled it, what else you want from us? It's still under warranty!" Told them they'll hear from my attorney if they give me any future sh*t about any possibly related problems they refuse to cover (in or out of warranty - straight negligence they admitted to).

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Yes, sadly. No f*cks whatsoever even if their fault.
No where near as serious, but my dealer forgot to put the coolant cap back on after an oil change in prep for a long towing trip. Ended up on the side of the 5 with a glowing-hot engine and no coolant. Response was "hey, we flushed and refilled it, what else you want from us? It's still under warrantee!" Told them they'll hear from my attorney if they give me any future sh*t about any possibly related problems they refuse to cover (in or out of warrantee - straight negligence they admitted to).
...how about the guy with all driveshaft bolts merely started and probably 2 threads in tops....

Unreal.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
...how about the guy with all driveshaft bolts merely started and probably 2 threads in tops....

Unreal.
Wow! Missed that one! I get mistakes and distractions, but come on. This dealer was also the one that cross-threaded all 5 lugs on one corner during a tire rotation with my Commander. The rest were all torqued to about 250ft/lb. They then broke off 2 of them trying to loosen. Great place.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Wow! Missed that one! I get mistakes and distractions, but come on. This dealer was also the one that cross-threaded all 5 lugs on one corner during a tire rotation with my Commander. The rest were all torqued to about 250ft/lb. They then broke off 2 of them trying to loosen. Great place.

How the hell? This has to be intentional. It has to be some kind of strategy to ensure people don't use their warranties.
Sponsored