Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks in advance for people’s opinions. I’ve got some rock lights I think will be good hardware to use, but would be interested in people’s experiences regarding mounting locations. Meaning I’m interested in hearing where people put these to get good light on obstacles at night, but locations where damage to the lights is less likely. My initial plan is likely to use KC Cyclone V2 lights for this purpose. Thanks to another lighting thread, I became aware of this product. But my rock light side discussion was too unrelated to that topic. Thanks. For the record, I will not use these on the road, nor will I use them for under glow decorations. They will strictly be used off road at night to illuminate clearance and tire placement, and will be switched separately from all other lights.
Sponsored

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I do not have them on my Jeep, but they did come installed on my new Trailer. They did work well lighting the campsite around the trailer this past weekend for walking around at night. Being old school, I found it odd I needed an app to turn the lights on and off when everything else is controlled by switches. I would say I wouldn't care for anything that also required an app on my phone to turn something on and off on my Jeep, but that's just me. I personally would not care for them mounted on my Jeep, all the colors, flashing etc. kind of seemed very Miami street modish 18 year old parochial to me.

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have a cheap set of 8 on my jeep. I put 3 on the rock rails tucked up on some mounting tabs, 1 under my winch plate near where the bumper over hangs to protect it, and the last 1 on a section of the hitch that is up out of the way.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Lights EFF1CD26-EEE9-46FD-A575-6A1DF1C3AD84

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have them on my Jeep, but they did come installed on my new Trailer. They did work well lighting the campsite around the trailer this past weekend for walking around at night. Being old school, I found it odd I needed an app to turn the lights on and off when everything else is controlled by switches. I would say I wouldn't care for anything that also required an app on my phone to turn something on and off on my Jeep, but that's just me. I personally would not care for them mounted on my Jeep, all the colors, flashing etc. kind of seemed very Miami street modish 18 year old parochial to me.
I’d have them in white, and I agree with all of your Miami street light opinions fully. I’ve done some night wheeling, and want to be able to look out the window down at the rocks and tires to be able to judge clearances and tire placement choices, without a flashlight. I also agree that switches are the way. The app is only if you want to show off at parties imo.

OP
OP
WILDHOBO

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a cheap set of 8 on my jeep. I put 3 on the rock rails tucked up on some mounting tabs, 1 under my winch plate near where the bumper over hangs to protect it, and the last 1 on a section of the hitch that is up out of the way.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Lights EFF1CD26-EEE9-46FD-A575-6A1DF1C3AD84
Perfect. Thanks. They look like they’d do the job well in those locations.

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have the 12 Piece LUX lighting system on Mine. The magnets made it easy to mount wherever. Not sure how hard the Cyclones are to mount. I have one light in each wheel well. then 2 on both sides under the doors then 2 under the front and 2 under the rear.

20220125_174814.jpg

20220125_174839.jpg
Sponsored