First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Yeah I generally drive by the same few jeeps in the morning. Probably why I get a good number of waves back hahaha. The closer I go to Orlando or the beach it definitely seems to be less returned.
Where are you working?? If your working in Orlando we've probably passed each other on 528, I'm off Dallas, Wedgefield area, n
Sponsored

Stupidjerkface

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Production Manager @ Seadek marine products
Where are you working?? If your working in Orlando we've probably passed each other on 528, I'm off Dallas, Wedgefield area, n
I'm a machine shop supervisor for Seadek marine products. Our shop is off of Viera Blvd in rockledge. I don't live too far from that area. I'm off of 520 on the outskirts of Cocoa in-between Orlando and Cocoa.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Ok, Seadeck I know that stuff, I worked at Natique for a year after shuttle, really nice pieces, I grew up on the beach, and go out to the Groves on the weekends sometimes, 4 lane 520 better than 2!! Yikes!!

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
The higher density populations tend to be less enthused about the wave.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The higher density populations tend to be less enthused about the wave.
Does get a little old waving at 20-30 people each way when commuting. Miss one wave and then some hurt feelings are being posted here.

Sponsored

LowAltitude

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
I’m a new Jeep owner but I feel like the wave seems to be situational here in Orlando, High density of Jeeps may be the issue.

I feel like I’m more likely to wave passing on a 2 lane road vs 4 and more so if there is a median.

I seem to wave more on Fri, Sat and Sun vs Mon Tue or Wed

I am more likely to wave to Jeeps with top or doors off than one all buttoned up. Also I seem to wave more when I have my own the top / doors off.

it is not perfect, but sometimes it is nice to feel a part of a group 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kblanton

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport S
Occupation
Sales
As a non-waving Gladiator owner I find I'm always too late to wave back.

Also, I believe one of the reasons men Gladiator owners are split is this truck brings in non prior Jeep owners so they aren't programmed to wave.

I'm just old and slow so you never see me wave unless you are looking in the mirror.....

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I wave when I can. Sometimes, I do miss a wave because I'm focusing on a road situation but I do make the effort :)

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Shocked at ur luck in FL. But Vero does have a bit of retirees, and in FL, they suck in general. Gulf coast definitely has a better attitude Jeep wave-wise. But I agree about the denser populated areas not waving as often. I'm in Palm Bay, FL.

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
Long Islander here, we wave, but most of us are stressed and in a rush so waving is last on the menu lol I'll wave back if you wave, but I won't start the wave if you have a stock jeep, I think the wave is nice jeep, not just we both have a jeep. This island is absolutely full of jeeps, honestly it's insane, I think people are just tired of doing it all day, 7 million people on the island half have jeeps

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Western PA is probably about 60-70%. I try to wave to everyone, even on divided highways. I've waved to Jeeps while driving my wife's Equinox. I hope they understand that its easy to do once you spot one on the road, no matter what you are driving!

Its funny, I pass the same Gladiator (Gator Rubicon) going to pick up my kids twice a week, in the same place around the same time. I always wave, and she never waves back. So I kinda gave up, and of course out of no where, yesterday she caught me off guard with a wave. Maybe some people come around?
I'm down in the south west corner. Fayette, Green and Washington counties. It's a mixed bag. If it's a modded JL or JT. I get a wave. Other Jeeps. I say it's 40/60 to getting a wave.

insanitize

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Commando, 07 Rubi JKU, 2024 MINI, 21 Gladiator+
Occupation
NYC-DOT, Retired
I live in Queens NY and get 0 waves there so I've given up. I spend a good bit of time in the Finger Lakes region of NY (Ithaca, Watkins Glen) and get maybe 50%.
I get more in my used and abused JK than in the JT.
It used to be better before the JK came to existence and I was driving CJs and YJs.

OP
OP
John in the Woods

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
can we definw western jersey...????... i have lived here my entire life and never heard or used that phrase lol. Its either north or south lol
Just my compass description of the turf between OK4WD and the PA line as I headed for the interstate.
Sponsored