Difference between Sport S and Rubicon Suspension

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Max tow with Rubicon take offs and Daystar 3/4" spacer lift. Rides a little stiffer imho and lifted right around 2" and leveling the truck a bit.

20190907_190840.jpg

20190907_183352.jpg

20190907_183359.jpg
Looks awsome! Which rubicon take offs do you have? The front fenders to? so you put the 2 inch in the front? And 3/4 in the rear?

HuskerJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT and JL
Looks awsome! Which rubicon take offs do you have? The front fenders to? so you put the 2 inch in the front? And 3/4 in the rear?
I put the Fox shocks and springs I got from another forum member. I didn't use the control arms or sway bar links since they're the same. I'll attach the kit I got from Daystar.

Screenshot_20190908-200603_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I put the Fox shocks and springs I got from another forum member. I didn't use the control arms or sway bar links since they're the same. I'll attach the kit I got from Daystar.

Screenshot_20190908-200603_Chrome.jpg
link/screen cap for the 2" front you used?

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is very interesting...I was going to go with a 1 inch spacer in the front and the 3/4 in the rear...thinking it would get my stance exactly like yours level and just high enough....but the deciption of this kit says to do just that and the stance is exactly what I want...can you explain to me why this kit was perfect and my thinking was off? How much did it raise your front and if it's 3/4 front and rear how does that make it level? Or is it just for the front? Thanks so much!
@HuskerJT

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
That is very interesting...I was going to go with a 1 inch spacer in the front and the 3/4 in the rear...thinking it would get my stance exactly like yours level and just high enough....but the deciption of this kit says to do just that and the stance is exactly what I want...can you explain to me why this kit was perfect and my thinking was off? How much did it raise your front and if it's 3/4 front and rear how does that make it level? Or is it just for the front? Thanks so much!
@HuskerJT
Seriously? Hey, just send me some money and I’ll pick out something for you. While you’re trying to make up your mind, I’m out on the rocks. Come on man, just pull the trigger!

47DE4798-AB79-4E7E-BB61-31C753025280.png

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha zac!! I'm ordering it tomorrow I promise! Our scare with Dorian had me held up alittle ...swear
@Renegade

HuskerJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT and JL
@HuskerJT
It's both front and rear. I didn't measure how big the spacers were but the fronts were bigger than the rear but not by much. The springs were the exact same size as the max tow but the Rubicon springs felt beefier. They probably don't squat as much? I'll measure in the morning but I think I'm right at 2" higher in the front.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Haha zac!! I'm ordering it tomorrow I promise! Our scare with Dorian had me held up alittle ...swear
@Renegade
In all seriousness, I am blown away by what the Gladiator can do with just a $300 lift kit. I really want a more complete kit when more options become available, but will have a hard time justifying the additional expense.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
In all seriousness, I am blown away by what the Gladiator can do with just a $300 lift kit. I really want a more complete kit when more options become available, but will have a hard time justifying the additional expense.
what kit did you buy?

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My dealer said I couldn't do a puck lifts because it would void my warranty but I could purchase the Mopar 2" factory warranty and install it myself and no problems with warranty. Is the dealer giving correct information?

My Jeep likes my money

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
verry interesting. I ordered a Sport S, Manual Trans with no tow package because it gets you better springs, a GVWR 6200 and a 1600 payload
Yeah, in that case your payload is high due to the fact it's the lightest Gladiator you can order, but, your towing capacity is the least in the lineup at only 4,000 lbs. max. It's a trade-off that few guys are willing to make. But I suppose if you never pull a trailer, boat, camper, etc. it's fine. Your rear coils are probably 39s which are the softest ones available.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Your rear coils are probably 39s which are the softest ones available.
when I get my JT, I'll take some measure ments and let you know. I don't know about my configuration being the lightest though. My GVWR is meant to be 6200, where the manual trans Sport Base (with and without the regular tow package), and the manual trans Sport S with the tow package only get a GVWR of 5800 and 1200 payload. There's not a 400lb difference between a Sport S with tow package and Sport S without it (no way the hitch and engine cooling weigh 400lbs)

@JeepCares told me the Sport S, Manual Trans with no tow package is a special configuration, certain springs, to give max payload to the manual transmission.

and you're correct, biggest I ever need to tow is ~3000 lbs
Sponsored