GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership called me this morning and told me they think my jeep is suffering from bad gas. They are wanting me to pay 800 dollars for them put everything back together, and pay for my rental too.
With all of the other issues other gladiators are having im not sure it is that simple.

Why is there a misfire only on cylinder 3 and not the others if a tank of bad gas is responsible?
You have a bumper to bumper warranty why would you pay them $800? They are trying to rip you off. Believe me the issue is not bad gas and I have heard other dealers try using this only to have the light come back after you put in a different type of gas.
I would also recommend not using auto start/stop and see if the problem becomes less frequent. I have permanently disabled mine with a tazer.
Sponsored

Jzmattingly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sr. Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
My JT sport (manual transmission) Has been throwing a few codes (mainly p000b/d, but a few others have popped up) just got back from dealership from repairing/replacing the rear seal, which I was hoping could somehow be the cause of the CEL since it was leaking oil/losing pressure. Got it back today, vehicle inspection sheet showed all in the green, but got in and found CEL still on but had to go ahead and go home due to needing to get back to work. After work, I inspected and found the intake hose was only halfway attached at the motor, reset cel and test drove but cel came back on, throwing p000d only. Definitely feels like a loss of power, hopefully can get it back to dealer tomorrow for further troubleshooting.

E3EF01E1-CAE5-4CA8-B15C-322A2DAF3DFA.jpeg

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Code P000d is a pcm code and not a misfire code..
Could be related but if so I would think you would also have a misfire code. Seems you may have an entirely different issue.

Jzmattingly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sr. Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Code P000d is a pcm code and not a misfire code..
Could be related but if so I would think you would also have a misfire code. Seems you may have an entirely different issue.
Apologies for the mispost, I saw posts related to the camshaft and thatā€™s what mine is associated to, so I figured it was similar. Thank you for clarifying!

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies for the mispost, I saw posts related to the camshaft and thatā€™s what mine is associated to, so I figured it was similar. Thank you for clarifying!
No worries! Just don't want to add confusion to these ongoing misfire issues. It seem the JT is riddled with many different issues.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @Jzmattingly,

We're sorry to hear about the concerns that you have with your Jeep Gladiator. If you would like additional support when you return to service, please send our team a private message. We can certainly have a case started for you.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Jesterbravo

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I got my gladiator out of the shop this afternoon and was able to negociate a reduced price for the labor of emptyiing my gas tank etc. So far everything is back to normal and am plannig on driving more this weekend to make sure everything is ok with my jeep.
On one hand I am kind of glad that my problem was not as severe as some on this forum, everything on the engine checked out ok, but just disappionted with my luck that I got a really bad tank of gasoline and got to pay for a service visit.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got my gladiator out of the shop this afternoon and was able to negociate a reduced price for the labor of emptyiing my gas tank etc. So far everything is back to normal and am plannig on driving more this weekend to make sure everything is ok with my jeep.
On one hand I am kind of glad that my problem was not as severe as some on this forum, everything on the engine checked out ok, but just disappionted with my luck that I got a really bad tank of gasoline and got to pay for a service visit.
I'm not convinced it was bad gas but only time will tell. If it not bad gas I hope they plan to refund your money cause that was just a bs excuse. What was the proof from them the gas was bad? Did they test it lol.

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
The miss fire/cam shaft/intercooler/cat issues are all inter related. make sure to keep notes, photos of instruments with speed,milage, and check eng light, as well as the auto shut off fail. it usually tosses that out about three times before the check eng light. Get FCA involved

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Dealership called me this morning and told me they think my jeep is suffering from bad gas. They are wanting me to pay 800 dollars for them put everything back together, and pay for my rental too.
With all of the other issues other gladiators are having im not sure it is that simple.

Why is there a misfire only on cylinder 3 and not the others if a tank of bad gas is responsible?
Please make them aware of the ongoing problems with misfires. Our first misfire code was misdiagnosed as bad gas. Do not pay the 800.00. Make them investigate all the FCA star reports on this issue. Agree the dealer is trying to rip you off and is uneducated. At least the two dealers we had to take ours to were thorough and investigated all they could. This is a serious problem and not bad gas.

Sponsored

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The miss fire/cam shaft/intercooler/cat issues are all inter related. make sure to keep notes, photos of instruments with speed,milage, and check eng light, as well as the auto shut off fail. it usually tosses that out about three times before the check eng light. Get FCA involved
Also, we started taking phone pictures of the speedometer reading, Stop Start failure
You have a bumper to bumper warranty why would you pay them $800? They are trying to rip you off. Believe me the issue is not bad gas and I have heard other dealers try using this only to have the light come back after you put in a different type of gas.
I would also recommend not using auto start/stop and see if the problem becomes less frequent. I have permanently disabled mine with a tazer.
I kept the Stop Start disabled and it made no difference. The dealer disconnected one of the switches under the hood because he believed it would help. We did not drive enough to tell but the CEL did not come on while it was disabled.

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The build date is on a sticker on the frame on the driver door side.

jwagt2020

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build date: do not have that info
Mileage when it first occurred: 1054
How many times has it occurred: once
What exact codes did it throw: P03003
Is the issue on going? Y- CEL flashed a couple times, then stayed on, I took it to the dealership to have them check it out
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? My jeep had a cylinder 3 misfire, they have inspected, and are about to pull the intake.
Was the issue ever fully resolved? Not yet

Service manager told me there was another Gladiator in the shop for the same thing and FCA is replacing the engine on that one.
Where are you, I am in east Texas. There may be 3 of us in TX.
Sponsored