Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
It is with sad regret that I have fully retired off the road . Between work getting harder to lock in and insurance rates climbing to $18,000 a year it was not a good ratio on income . Which means now I get to work a 7-4 job as a butcher during the week and weekend I get to explore and fly fish in the Montana mountains and rivers
I finished my job at 120,000 miles and will be modifiy my Jeep to be more of a weekend overland set up I am truly looking forward to the new adventure
Iā€™m calling BS šŸ˜†

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nice write up dude. I just swapped out my halogens for LED if youā€™re looking for halogens to buy. They were swapped out about a month after I got my gladiator (September 2022)

Can we see pics of the playstation set up?

MKAYMEOW

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Good morning I am a couple days late on this but here is my review at 100,000 miles 2020 jeep gladiator sport s
Upgraded to 7" u connect screen
Power windows
Aux switches

Smiles all across the board

At 30,000 miles the factory soft stretch out to the point it was so lose I could not hear my cb radio above my head , was able to file a fca warnety and paid $1,300 to upgrade to hardtop

In April I was in wyoming in -15Ā° weather for 2 weeks ended up idleing 24 hours a day 7 days a week here is what I noticed
First off you use 3 gallons of gas on 8 hours and use 4% oil life every 8 hours
Second thing that happened is the voltage battery regulator is not designed to handle that kinda heat so after 8 hours your voltage will drop to 12.4- 12.5 tell you are able to let it cool down for 12 hours
99% of you will never find this issue and the jeep computer system won't find it either only my inverter system found it

On to how the parts are holding up

Brakes are still original and at 98,000 miles still at 50%

Shocks are still original showing signs of wear hopefully will replace this winter with rubicon setup to how the difference really is

Front seat original no power after sitting in for 14-16 hours a day it is showing signs that the foam is flatting out

The start/stop feature is the most annoying system on the jeep the dealership will tell me it's the battery however when we go through and do any kind of upgrade to it , it works for awhile tell I get a low battery on my secondary battery in the back seat my plan is upgrade both my battery and see what happens then

The windshield I am on windshield #7 I can say that if you don't follow behind semi like I do you should be ok the main reason for replace is do to cracks from turning on heater or a/c And of course sand blasting ( again 90% you should never have that problem ) my fix on heat and air cracks was I put 5"strip of rock chip vynl on bottom then a very thick 3ml vynl on top 2" wide so far that is working along with the bug deflector and highlift jack on hood I get about 30,000 miles in-between windshield

Headlight are still stock halogen the glass is destroyed. Hopefully will be able to get some replacement from someone switching to led as the glass to replace at dealership is $170 a piece not ok with that

Accident hold up 3 part series

#1 slide on ice and the tip of blade skipped across the soft top and hit the homemade headache rack ( yes it was shity built ) bent the bed rail just above the gas thank filler
OPPS and got a sticker for it was able to bend back most of it

#2 not so lucky backing along my trailer one night a semi came around the corner and as I dodge him I went into the trailer and the blade smashed up the driver side tail light panel which was backordered sor far 3 months ( still waiting ) about $2200 in damage to jeep fyi new tail light are special order and cost $170 a piece

#3 a idiot hit back bumper as I was in turning lane no scratches on me he is getting a whole new front fender

Back seat area

As soon as I got it I ripped out the back seat and built a bed platform to sleep on I am 5'10" and can sleep back there need 3 more inches to be More comfortable under the platform I run a 3000 watt inverter with the second battery next to it which powers a small espresso machine ,tv , playstation , the. Usb charging station in back , and all my light bars only change I will make is to switch my batteries to a deep cycle battery system I need more

Future upgrades

I will be changing the bed to a roll cage overland system that will be custom built to fit my needs and will be sealed up to back seat of cab that will be my big focus this year

As in for everything it is a beautiful jeep I love living in it and it's nothing but smiles all the way around I will my best to answer any questions ty you for reading and feel free to follow me on Instagram at
#deadpooltheoffice
IMG_20201119_092540_991.jpg
IMG_20201119_071940_843.jpg
IMG_20201019_065657_861.jpg
IMG_20201022_080126_114.jpg
IMG_20200719_054410.jpg
IMG_20200714_053242.jpg
PXL_20200925_133441070.jpg
Awesome read man, glad to see itā€™s held up nicely! I was contemplating a 4Runner before my Gladiator purchase and I have been very happy with my decision. Besides rattling I love the truck!

Sponsored

kb5zcr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Diesel Rubi Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Interesting thread, I enjoyed reading it.
For those wishing they had an hour meter on their jeeps, they are many available on Amazon for cheap.

GCHunter

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Why did you need to idle 24 hours a day 7 days a week when it was -15Ā°? Was it because you were living in the Jeep?

Last edited:

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Jeep Gladiator 100,000 mile Gladiator review IMG_4540

2020 Sport S, she hit 100k today. I changed the auxiliary battery in February. Also, I had a leaking back window. I repair it with weatherstripping from the hardware store. The shocks are pretty tired so I plan to replace them and install a 2ā€ lift soon. The majority of the miles are from my commute. ~ 140 miles daily.