Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
I could definitely see this as a possibility after 500,000
I dont see you slowing down any time soon ... so they could give you [another] new one at 500k :)
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
I dont see you slowing down any time soon ... so they could give you [another] new one at 500k :)
They won't. There have been a number of Pentastars over the years that have crossed the 500k threshold. If it were uncommon, they'd probably do it. If you get a million miles, however, they just might. Some guy recently got a Nissan Frontier to the 1 million mark and they traded him a new truck for it.

I've seen many Pentastars with over 300k that were running like new. So 500k is certainly not out of the question, especially with one that gets it almost all on the highway. But who cares? Who wouldn't be thrilled to get to that point? I'd have a very hard time giving up my baby if she served up half a million on the odo.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
They won't. There have been a number of Pentastars over the years that have crossed the 500k threshold. If it were uncommon, they'd probably do it. If you get a million miles, however, they just might. Some guy recently got a Nissan Frontier to the 1 million mark and they traded him a new truck for it.

I've seen many Pentastars with over 300k that were running like new. So 500k is certainly not out of the question, especially with one that gets it almost all on the highway. But who cares? Who wouldn't be thrilled to get to that point? I'd have a very hard time giving up my baby if she served up half a million on the odo.

626k miles on a van

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...26k-miles-on-pentastar-and-still-going.54355/

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
From someone who's used to notoriously weak Honda/Acura brakes, 100K miles with 50% left on the same brakes seems astonishing to me. Is this normal or is the OP a lightfoot?
Not surprised one bit. Brake life depends on the type of driving. Someone who commutes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area will go through brakes faster, someone who lives around me and doesn't use brakes a lot because you have to drive several miles to the first stop sign and further for town - brakes last a long time. My 04 WJ with 127,000 miles still has the original pads and rotors. Yeah, they are long in tooth and in a couple of years will need to be replaced.............. but are ok for now.
I've taken a few cars - and trucks - 80,000-100,000 miles on original brakes.
If you don't smoke 'em, they'll last, if your trailer brakes work, they'll last.
I can see why some have brake troubles - you don't have to be a wimp or tinkerbell with 'em to make them last.
NORMAL driving, they'll last. It's not that brakes that last are from a lightfoot, it's that brakes that don't are being ABUSED.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I'm proud of the over 193,000 miles on my SX4 - and the over 130,000 on the engine. In fact, I was really disappointed when I replaced the speedometer with a NOS one for show and had to start at 0 again. I was SOOO looking forward to that "2" that's been hidden from the sun to spin around and show 200,000 miles on it with a nice bright new looking number in the lead.
I thought about moving my new speedo up to the true miles but just wrote it down instead and will celebrate when the new speedometer hits that 100,000 mile mark. That will be 293,000 miles.......

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
I'm proud of the over 193,000 miles on my SX4 - and the over 130,000 on the engine. In fact, I was really disappointed when I replaced the speedometer with a NOS one for show and had to start at 0 again. I was SOOO looking forward to that "2" that's been hidden from the sun to spin around and show 200,000 miles on it with a nice bright new looking number in the lead.
I thought about moving my new speedo up to the true miles but just wrote it down instead and will celebrate when the new speedometer hits that 100,000 mile mark. That will be 293,000 miles.......
That is great! Funny, when a car is newer, I always hope to keep the miles down on it. With my 08 JK, I get thrilled as they rack up, so same thing here! That old JK 3.8 just keeps soldiering along. I really have no doubts it is a 300,000 mile engine. And that one isn't all highway. It's a pretty balanced mix.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Front seat original no power after sitting in for 14-16 hours a day it is showing signs that the foam is flatting out
Has the comfort of the front seat changed in any way?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Has the comfort of the front seat changed in any way?
That many hours in the seat - is it really what the women call "secretarial spread" - where the butt flattens out from sitting so much.... LOL
MAYBE it's not the foam.......... :giggle:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
As in for everything it is a beautiful jeep I love living in it and it's nothing but smiles all the way around I will my best to answer any questions ty you for reading and feel free to follow me on Instagram at
#deadpooltheoffice
What wipers do you use?

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
From someone who's used to notoriously weak Honda/Acura brakes, 100K miles with 50% left on the same brakes seems astonishing to me. Is this normal or is the OP a lightfoot?
He never brakes. How do you think he got to 100K so fast? :CWL:

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
No I don't trust LEDs I am driving in alot of -20° weather
I got a warning message about my turn signal being out (I have LEDs) - temp was -28F. As soon as it warmed up above -15F the warning went away.

Chilli

First Name
Wolfgang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLADIATOR RUBICON
Occupation
RETIRED
Anyone know the status of ''The Office'' ?

Last post here was on December 7.

No where near Peral Harbor I hope.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Anyone know the status of ''The Office'' ?

Last post here was on December 7.
Dec 7, 2020 is a long time to be off the forum. According to his facebook page, he was in Big Timber, MT on May 27th.
Sponsored