Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Headlight adjustment ........ seriously?!?!? haha
to be fair if their only lifting the front of the JT a head light adjustment is a good idea.

But it ranks in there with a steering wheel centering / toe setting in that its an easy enough thing to do your self.
Sponsored

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Looks like you found a spot to do it, but came here to recommend DMR in east hampton. You asked for a spot in southeastern CT but i see youre located in southwestern, so not sure thats feasible.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Nice!!

here is your “alignment” haha super easy DIY

Nothing like the "Pros" making a video of how to do it wrong? No way in hell the lines they drew are even close to actual the center! Tires have runout, many time wheels have runout, and sometimes even wheel hubs have runout! All they did was screw up the toe setting that was probably pretty close before they screwed it up.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing like the "Pros" making a video of how to do it wrong? No way in hell the lines they drew are even close to actual the center! Tires have runout, many time wheels have runout, and sometimes even wheel hubs have runout! All they did was screw up the toe setting that was probably pretty close before they screwed it up.
i WAS concerned afterwards since it was the first time i had done it. I actually paid to have it verified by a shop after following the video. 🤷‍♂️ it was spot on the measurements I took.

folks have been fixing their own vehicles since they were created. If you’re one of the type that want someone else to do it, thats fine. But it doesn’t mean others are incapable of doing it correctly on their own, or that every video on the web is a lie. I posted the videos I successfully used so the Op was armed with information.

to each their own.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
i WAS concerned afterwards since it was the first time i had done it. I actually paid to have it verified by a shop after following the video. 🤷‍♂️ it was spot on the measurements I took.

folks have been fixing their own vehicles since they were created. If you’re one of the type that want someone else to do it, thats fine. But it doesn’t mean others are incapable of doing it correctly on their own, or that every video on the web is a lie. I posted the videos I successfully used.
You got lucky that your tire treads are strait?

One can absolutely check/set toe, but a line needs to be scribed on the tread to ensure that the measuring points used are accurate. Measuring tread is not going to be accurate in most cases as manufacturers deliberately offset tread blocks to reduce tire noise and vibration. Also if the tires cant slip, then adjustments/measurements aren't accurate either.

I strait up DO NOT trust alignment machines since I have witnessed the inaccuracy first hand. I personally paint the tire, scribe a line, and measure with a toe bar while the tires are on slip plates since I work alone 99% of the time.

For reference, here is a video.

PA_OVRLND

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Is that insane? I could install it myself but I hate wrenching anymore and have kids and other things Id rather be doing.

Id rather throw money at it but not that much.

What's a fair rate to install an AEV 2" spacer lift? I was anticipating closer to $600, not 3x that.

Anyone know of an outfit in south eastern CT that does this? Ive called around to a few shops and most don't want to do this job. Apparently not the one that gave me a quote either cause $1800 has got to be the ehh we don't want to do this but...
Bit late here but I happened to just get a quote for labor on the AEV Dualsport and the labor for that was only $800, and I’m still considering doing myself. Not shot I’d ever pay more than a grand for a spacer install. It’s just not justifiable. You’re talking about $300+ an hour for labor.

RubiCrusHehr

First Name
Miville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Black JTRD
Occupation
Retired
If you bring your own parts of course they’ll charge you more !! They don’t like doing that, because if something breaks they will have to replace it at their own expanse and also they don’t do any money on your kit !!

Sponsored

JT_Guadi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Is that insane? I could install it myself but I hate wrenching anymore and have kids and other things Id rather be doing.

What's a fair rate to install an AEV 2" spacer lift? I was anticipating closer to $600, not 3x that.

Anyone know of an outfit in south eastern CT that does this? Ive called around to a few shops and most don't want to do this job. Apparently not the one that gave me a quote either cause $1800 has got to be the ehh we don't want to do this but...
I'm gonna lift mine in 2 weeks and i was quoted $850 for a 2.5" lift kit installation. It's in northern NJ.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst

I'm in CT too -- Mystic. When I was looking to get the MOPAR lift on my wifes JL over here at Valenti Jeep, they quoted about $600 for the install. I thought that was really good, especially from a dealership. $1800 is insane.

OP
OP
Motoarch

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
I'm in CT too -- Mystic. When I was looking to get the MOPAR lift on my wifes JL over here at Valenti Jeep, they quoted about $600 for the install. I thought that was really good, especially from a dealership. $1800 is insane.
That's fantastic.

Side note. I was the best man for onne of the master mechanics for Valenti in Mystic and we are still as close friends as ever.

He won't touch my vehicles 🤣

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
That's fantastic.

Side note. I was the best man for onne of the master mechanics for Valenti in Mystic and we are still as close friends as ever.

He won't touch my vehicles 🤣
tell him he owes you $1800 😆

Somedood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FZJ80, JTR
I just got quoted $1500 for a lift install by one of the shop here in So Cal.

I guess I'll be doing the install myself.
Sponsored