Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I do IT stuff so I can buy Jeep stuff.
Currently living the apartment life with no where to do my own work, but lucky to get hooked up with LockedNLoaded 4x4 in Collegeville, PA. my JT looks awesome with the 2.5" Overland Plus kit, Falcon SP shocks and KMC Trail wheels wrapped in 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs ... took out for a quick drive and spent two hours tooling around town, running some highway speeds and poking along back roads ... loving the whole setup.
Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! Lift_1
Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! Lift_3
Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! Lift_4
Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! Lift_5
Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! Lift_8
Sponsored

Nodavid14

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What size shocks did you opt for? Looks sweet btw, Gobi is a great color!

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Currently living the apartment life with no where to do my own work, but lucky to get hooked up with LockedNLoaded 4x4 in Collegeville, PA. my JT looks awesome with the 2.5" Overland Plus kit, Falcon SP shocks and KMC Trail wheels wrapped in 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss ATs ... took out for a quick drive and spent two hours tooling around town, running some highway speeds and poking along back roads ... loving the whole setup.
Is this a skid plate? What brand?
Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! 05266B5C-C3A0-4B5D-9906-AE377B2AA866

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
What size shocks did you opt for? Looks sweet btw, Gobi is a great color!
I'll be honest ... I don't know. The shop I worked with has installed dozens of these lifts on JTs, so I left it up to them for which length to get. They are the Falcon SPC 3.3 shocks, I think they are the 2-3" lift version.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I like RH stuff, didn’t know they had frame skids.
How do the rear ones install? I, as most people, had to ream out one of the holes on my Rusty’s rear frame skid to bolt up.
Was also very interesting getting the small nuts in.
RockHard just has one bolt?
The RH frame side front skids are an easy install, you only have to remove the nut and slide the skid on, replace the nut and torque appropriately. I think the RH rear frame side skids only mount with the control arm bolt. I went with Rusty's for the rear frame side skid for the extra mounting bolts to avoid any chance of the skid rotating - no issues with holes lining up. Maybe that was just dumb luck, or I've seen some people post that they may have recently started making those holes slightly larger to address the fit issues people were experiencing.

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hope your rear springs don't become a disaster like others
I had a local shop install my lift (living in an apartment where I just don't have even a good parking area to do my own work in).... they install a lot of Clayton lifts. I have somewhere between 500 and 600 miles on with the kit and no issues so far. I haven't done any serious trail obstacles, so haven't gone full flex at all. No noise issues - the installer did use the stock isolators with the Clayton springs, so maybe they avoided that one for me? Or maybe it's just that I am old and half-deaf so it could be making all kinds of noise I don't hear? I carry a pretty full toolbox for some work I do, so I typically have 200+ lbs in the bed too.

Sponsored

SJD23

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! 05266B5C-C3A0-4B5D-9906-AE377B2AA866
I really like these wheels, how much poke do you have with those?

OP
OP
toddarama

toddarama

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
how much poke do you have with those?
The wheels are KMC Trail - though looking at the KMC website now it seems they no longer offer the matte black color (only matte bronze). They are 17x9 -12mm and running the numbers through this calculator, Offset Calculator, my change from stock wheels/tires (285/70-17 and +44mm offset) to the KMC Trails and Baja Boss A/Ts (37x12.5LT17 and -12mm offset) moved the outside edge of my tire out by 2.85". I added the Double Black Off Road 2" Fender Extensions shown in the picture below, and with the extensions I have no appreciable poke. Unfortunately I don't have any side shots showing what the poke was with the new wheels/tires and no fender extensions.

Jeep Gladiator 2.5" Overland Plus went on today! DBOR_Fenders_2

Boomeribe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Looks great! Will be ordering the same kit this week and do the HD rear spring swapout.
Sponsored