Sponsored

2 Door Gladiator Version?

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Just fanning the flame here, but as @Moabite mentioned here
Under Clearances: "Measurements the same for both 2-door and 4-door models." Hmmm
the marketing material mentions 2-door
upload_2018-11-29_7-40-39.png

Now we all know FCA marketing material is known to be riddled with inaccuracies. But considering this should be a completely newly developed spec sheet, it certainly could be foreshadowing things to come...
Sponsored

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
Just fanning the flame here, but as @Moabite mentioned here

the marketing material mentions 2-door
upload_2018-11-29_7-40-39.png

Now we all know FCA marketing material is known to be riddled with inaccuracies. But considering this should be a completely newly developed spec sheet, it certainly could be foreshadowing things to come...

It's just copied and pasted from the JLU spec sheet. I wouldn't get too excited lol

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ram 1500, standard cab, 2016 Jeep Patirot, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL four door.
Although I have owned other jeep variants in years past, and currently have a patriot and new Wrangler JL four door... it was the news of new pickup version that sent me to the dealer to look at the JL Wranglers. I didn't want to wait until the pickups came out to buy a new jeep, so chose to get the JL. True, there may never be a big enough market to make a two door jeep pickup again, but, like myself, I believe there are a lot of empty nesters who want just such a machine. I'm at the age where I don't buy for need but for want, and I want a two door jeep pickup with a wheel base about that of a four door Wrangler for my retirement years. Not saying that will ever happen. So in the meantime I'll pass on the new Gladiator and stick with my Wrangler.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
46085942_801509196850669_7016696411496145328_n.jpg

I found this on Instagram and actually like the straight 2 door.
My daughter likes unicorns. She can realize she'll never see one. I think the extra cab looks cool too, but there's no use talking about it, its a dead horse.

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Although I have owned other jeep variants in years past, and currently have a patriot and new Wrangler JL four door... it was the news of new pickup version that sent me to the dealer to look at the JL Wranglers. I didn't want to wait until the pickups came out to buy a new jeep, so chose to get the JL. True, there may never be a big enough market to make a two door jeep pickup again, but, like myself, I believe there are a lot of empty nesters who want just such a machine. I'm at the age where I don't buy for need but for want, and I want a two door jeep pickup with a wheel base about that of a four door Wrangler for my retirement years. Not saying that will ever happen. So in the meantime I'll pass on the new Gladiator and stick with my Wrangler.
Amen!!! We can only hope that some day an extended cab or two door is offered. The hauling and tow specs on this are great for a mid-sized truck but 1,600 ibs. of payload and a 60 inch bed don't seem to make sense. And I know before all you lifestyle supporters out there tell me about hauling around moto-cross bikes and four-wheelers - some us still want a truck for the purpose of having a truck...

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
46085942_801509196850669_7016696411496145328_n.jpg

I found this on Instagram and actually like the straight 2 door.
Love it!!! Not so sure about this being a "unicorn" - I think we have a reasonable chance of seeing the extended cab in a year or two - think of the Ram Rebel - initially only a crew cab and now offers both!

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Love it!!! Not so sure about this being a "unicorn" - I think we have a reasonable chance of seeing the extended cab in a year or two - think of the Ram Rebel - initially only a crew cab and now offers both!
I have to assume you did not watch the video posted above because if you did you would have heard Mark Allen say they aren't making a two door version. Denial will eventually lead to acceptance. You can post your wants in every thread on here but it's not changing anything. They aren't making a two door version. Let it go already.

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I have to assume you did not watch the video posted above because if you did you would have heard Mark Allen say they aren't making a two door version. Denial will eventually lead to acceptance. You can post your wants in every thread on here but it's not changing anything. They aren't making a two door version. Let it go already.
Mike Manley and Marchionne's ghost could show up to 2015er's house and personally tell him there will never be a 2 door, and he'd still be here posting about it the next day. :P

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
Just adding another reference to your comment, Tim Kuzniskis also stating "if you cant sell enough volume to pay off the investment" 14:55 into the video below

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
if there is one bit of wisdom I can pass on to you boys, it is Never say ‘Never’ ;)
Of Course Jeep mgmt would say there are no plans to make a 2-door = they want you to buy the crew cab! No one knows what the future holds.

Let the unicorn-lovers be

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
You could sell a bag of ice to an Eskimo before you could sell a 2-door midsized pickup truck in the U.S. Mark Allen is exactly right. It sucks, but it's true. That ship has sailed.
Sponsored