2020 Gladiator Options Matrix

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Yes I believe you can do such a system. Not certain if you plug it into a USB slot in the front of the stereo system or if you have to pull the stereo system out of the dash and then plug it back the back of the stereo system and then put the player somewhere in the truck, like in the glovebox. Not something I would want. I would prefer that have one single system in the dash unit.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Tech is replaced every two years or so, while the truck may last twenty. I'm hoping for plug and play, easily replaceable wiring harness and components as tech improves, while keeping same ole truck. This integrated technology is fine for dumb like abs brakes, not fine for interactives. Why I have to pay fore jeep teck when jeep builds trucks is beyond me. Give me a port and an easy way to change the type of connector cord!

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
I was playing around with the Jeep website sitemap and noticed they gave away the model code in the URL for the configurator.

They seem to have the "Model Comparison" tool built for the Gladiator and mostly functional even though it can't be selected from the "Compare Lineup" link/tab.

For your viewing fun: https://www.jeep.com/compare/detailed-chart.html?modelYearCode=CUJ202011

Edit: Pricing appears to be $0 for all models!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Big thanks to chrcal14 I decided to add his data to the matrix; however, he was missing SOME info. Here are several observations I found while trying EVERY color combo and trim style. UGH.

On the overland, saddle seats have saddle seat stitching, on rubicon, saddle seats have a white/silver seat stitching.

Overland leather seats come with a sweet dark grey leather like dash (best dash in my opinion).

Red dash, red steering wheel stitching and red seat stitching only comes with these colors, Black, Crystal Granite, Sting Gray, Billet Silver, Firecracker, Bright White.

The other ones Hydro blue, Punk'n, Gator, Gobi have the same grey plastic dash as the Sport, Sport S trims with red wheel stitching and red seat stitching.

Hopefully this helps somebody, anybody. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm digging my flat plastic dash thank you. You can boil an egg here in summer, so anything shiny not good.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm digging my flat plastic dash thank you. You can boil an egg here in summer, so anything shiny not good.
So you like the gray plastic over the black faux leather of the overland. ..... Or were you being funny and I missed the mark?:crying:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So you like the gray plastic over the black faux leather of the overland. ..... Or were you being funny and I missed the mark?:crying:
You are right. Serious... shiny is the problem, causing glare. Flat works best. For the heat, cloth works better, Leather cooks like flesh. faux leather, don't know about! These days with a/c and factory tint it's much better. My first album got destroyed in under five seconds just sitting it on a hot dash while I moved my hand. So I worry about stuff like that.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moved some info to Tabs, created a new where to order tab. Will be updating shortly. Please let me know anything you would like to share.

Sponsored

Kdmerchant

First Name
Ketan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gobi Rubicon
According the the feature availability chart posted above, you could buy a base Sport model and add the cold weather package and power door locks. If you look on the Jeep build website, it does not appear that you could add those items to a base model. I'm not really looking to spend over $50K on a loaded Gladiator given the aftermarket options I'll do later. I want crank windows if possible (I like retro things to a point) and I think the doors would be lighter and even safer if you ended up in deep water. Does anyone else have any knowledge about what options Jeep will allow on a base sport model?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Does anyone else have any knowledge about what options Jeep will allow on a base sport model?
The build and price tool on jeep.com should give us the best idea. Might be worth comparing it to Wrangler builds as well. Aside from that, it's all speculation.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
According the the feature availability chart posted above, you could buy a base Sport model and add the cold weather package and power door locks. If you look on the Jeep build website, it does not appear that you could add those items to a base model. I'm not really looking to spend over $50K on a loaded Gladiator given the aftermarket options I'll do later. I want crank windows if possible (I like retro things to a point) and I think the doors would be lighter and even safer if you ended up in deep water. Does anyone else have any knowledge about what options Jeep will allow on a base sport model?

Looks like wait and see. Early officials releases contain some conflicting info over time. Until they release, nothing is for sure. The official releases and web page ordering give an outline. Max Tow adds stuff you otherwise can't get, for one example.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Big thanks to chrcal14 I decided to add his data to the matrix; however, he was missing SOME info. Here are several observations I found while trying EVERY color combo and trim style. UGH.

On the overland, saddle seats have saddle seat stitching, on rubicon, saddle seats have a white/silver seat stitching.

Overland leather seats come with a sweet dark grey leather like dash (best dash in my opinion).

Red dash, red steering wheel stitching and red seat stitching only comes with these colors, Black, Crystal Granite, Sting Gray, Billet Silver, Firecracker, Bright White.

The other ones Hydro blue, Punk'n, Gator, Gobi have the same grey plastic dash as the Sport, Sport S trims with red wheel stitching and red seat stitching.

Hopefully this helps somebody, anybody. :fingerscrossed:
So we're saying red dash is standard with those colors? There won't be a factory option to get that in, say gray, or black?

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I just looked through your guide again. I'm glad I did that, I need to put on my list the sound assassin insulation. I did something similar to a Saab 92x I had a few years back. I did roof, floors, doors with two RAAMAudio products. Loved the difference. I'll definitely want to do something similar with the gladiator.
Sponsored