Sponsored

2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window)

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.
I chose a DIY fix after reading horror stories of damaged vehicles.

1661432513614.png
Looks great. I might do the same. Rear window on my truck started leaking also.

Looks like hose or weather stripping of some sort. Correct?

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Looks great. I might do the same. Rear window on my truck started leaking also.

Looks like hose or weather stripping of some sort. Correct?
I used automotive rubber vacuum hose. I'm not exactly sure what size I ended up using since I had several different sizes 'in stock'.

I cleaned everything thoroughly, then used a mix of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water to act as a lubricant for installation. I used a 2" long piece of roughly 1" OD plastic pipe (wrapped in painter's tape) as an installation tool. Wet everything down, place the rubber hose over the gap, then roll the tool over the gap to push the hose in to a consistent depth. It's kind of a PITA because the side gaps are slightly smaller than the top. I did the top and all the way down both sides, but left the bottom open.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Went to the local dealership today and brought my case before the service department Judge. He had me pull in the inspection bay where I told him I have pictures of the leak. He denied my motion to present the evidence. He then climbed into my back seats looking for "cracks" with a cellphone light. Apparently he found some but no witnesses present. From there the "judge" climbed out and asked if my "factory headliner" was custom. I laughed and said no its actually "factory". He then proceeded to question my response and brought someone over to also inspect the MOPAR headliner. After a bit and the "jury" found me innocent on all charges they calmly and politely said "we have done ton's of JT's and have never seen this". It wasn't until I was driving away waiting on a call hopefully in the next couple weeks when I can drop my jeep off that I realized I'm "totally F%$@ed" and they are probably going to break everything in my jeep. I rest my case.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PlayfulBird

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Went to the local dealership today and brought my case before the service department Judge. He had me pull in the inspection bay where I told him I have pictures of the leak. He denied my motion to present the evidence. He then climbed into my back seats looking for "cracks" with a cellphone light. Apparently he found some but no witnesses present. From there the "judge" climbed out and asked if my "factory headliner" was custom. I laughed and said no its actually "factory". He then proceeded to question my response and brought someone over to also inspect the MOPAR headliner. After a bit and the "jury" found me innocent on all charges they calmly and politely said "we have done ton's of JT's and have never seen this". It wasn't until I was driving away waiting on a call hopefully in the next couple weeks when I can drop my jeep off that I realized I'm "totally F%$@ed" and they are probably going to break everything in my jeep. I rest my case.
Spot on😈🤘🍻🥨

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I’m really debating on just giving them the hard top and keeping the rest of the Jeep away from them. 🙄

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I used automotive rubber vacuum hose. I'm not exactly sure what size I ended up using since I had several different sizes 'in stock'.

I cleaned everything thoroughly, then used a mix of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water to act as a lubricant for installation. I used a 2" long piece of roughly 1" OD plastic pipe (wrapped in painter's tape) as an installation tool. Wet everything down, place the rubber hose over the gap, then roll the tool over the gap to push the hose in to a consistent depth. It's kind of a PITA because the side gaps are slightly smaller than the top. I did the top and all the way down both sides, but left the bottom open.
Thanks for this tip. After putting off dealership repair for fear of them marring up my top and interior trim panels, it seems this solution has rectified my leak. My Gladiator spends the majority of time in the garage so I was not really worried about it, but it did bother me when I had to drive it in the rain.

I used this 1/8" Vacuum hose from Amazon for anyone else looking to do this. For only $11 and less than a half hour its a no brainer. It also looks better in my opinion with the gap filled in.
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) IMG_4241

Sponsored

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Thanks for this tip. After putting off dealership repair for fear of them marring up my top and interior trim panels, it seems this solution has rectified my leak. My Gladiator spends the majority of time in the garage so I was not really worried about it, but it did bother me when I had to drive it in the rain.

I used this 1/8" Vacuum hose from Amazon for anyone else looking to do this. For only $11 and less than a half hour its a no brainer. It also looks better in my opinion with the gap filled in.
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) IMG_4241
That's awesome! I'm glad I could help.

aj93jeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
My Dodge sales neighbor had the same on his Ram. They replaced the rear window. It’s all trucks.

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
My Dodge sales neighbor had the same on his Ram. They replaced the rear window. It’s all trucks.
Yep had a 2019 ram with the same issue. They hired a outside company to fix it.

I made an appointment with my dealer for the 17th of this month.

They use some company called the water doctor to diagnose and fix 🤷‍♂️

aj93jeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Mine gets a couple of water runs when I wash it. I may do the rubber gasket treatment. I agree it looks nicer. Probably should have had that from the factory.
Sponsored