Sponsored

2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window)

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Took mine to the dealer today, had an appointment with a company they contract with called "The Water Doctor"

They found the leak at the top.

Looks like the fix was to fill the top with silicone filler of some sort

I'll post a picture tomorrow
Sponsored

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Took mine to the dealer today, had an appointment with a company they contract with called "The Water Doctor"

They found the leak at the top.
Looks like the fix was to fill the top with silicone filler of some sort
That's *a* fix, maybe not *the* fix. I had my rear window replaced under warranty ... then when it started leaking again I dumped a few tubes of the 3M silicone in there and it worked fine.

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
That's *a* fix, maybe not *the* fix. I had my rear window replaced under warranty ... then when it started leaking again I dumped a few tubes of the 3M silicone in there and it worked fine.
That's pretty much what they did

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
I'm on my SECOND rear window. That fixed it for about another year now leaking AGAIN, even worse this time! Stuffed some rubber insulation in the gap just to slow the waterfall until it dries-out. I'm trying the 3M silicone this time, and if that doesn't work - F*ck it! I'll bring a towel. LOL

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
I tried the silicone vacuum tube as well as a couple different diameter foam rubber seals, but my leak persisted. Finally put on a window weather stripping (rubber moulding). It doesn't appear as clean without it, but it won't leak now. I sealed it across the top with some silicone sealant.

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 20230325_160920

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 20230325_160959

I bought mine through GT Glass. Similar product may be avialble elsewhere. I searched on Amazon, but a Google search took me to GT Glass.
https://www.gtglass.com/pages/search-results-page?q=m25

I got the 25mm, which looks just fine. I think 19mm would be too small, as it won't cover the gap and sit flush at the top corners.

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 20230325_173337

Last edited:

Sponsored

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I tried the silicone vacuum tube as well as a couple different diameter foam rubber seals, but my leak persisted. Finally put on a window weather stripping (rubber molding). It doesn't appear as clean without it, but it won't leak now. I sealed it across the top with some silicone sealant.

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 20230325_173337

I bought mine through GT Glass. Similar product may be avialble elsewhere. I searched on Amazon, but a Google search took me to GT Glass.

I got the 25mm, which looks just fine. I think 19mm would be too small, as it won't cover the gap and sit flush at the top corners.

Looks like a great idea.

Just went through 2 days of rain here with the truck stuck outside.

No leaks so far 🤷‍♂️

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator,1993 Jeep Wrangler,1967 Camaro
I tried the silicone vacuum tube as well as a couple different diameter foam rubber seals, but my leak persisted. Finally put on a window weather stripping (rubber molding). It doesn't appear as clean without it, but it won't leak now. I sealed it across the top with some silicone sealant.

Do you have a side shot of this? I want to see how it lays against the glass. Do you spray any solution on the install or just put it straight on?

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Do you have a side shot of this? I want to see how it lays against the glass. Do you spray any solution on the install or just put it straight on?
Hopefully, the pics below show what you're looking for from the side. The weatherstrip sits pretty flush. Besides the rain, it does a good job of keeping dirt and other debris out of the gap. No solution was needed. I just gave it a good washing and let it dry before installing. It helps to do it in warm weather. It is very pliable. I used a very thin bead of silicone across the top and none on the sides. The inner groove that attaches to the glass comes with adhesive on it. It's been a few weeks since the last rain, but it was bone dry inside. Very happy with it.
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 20230504_091701
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 20230530_083018

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully, the pics below show what you're looking for from the side. The weatherstrip sits pretty flush. Besides the rain, it does a good job of keeping dirt and other debris out of the gap. No solution was needed. I just gave it a good washing and let it dry before installing. It helps to do it in warm weather. It is very pliable. I used a very thin bead of silicone across the top and none on the sides. The inner groove that attaches to the glass comes with adhesive on it. It's been a few weeks since the last rain, but it was bone dry inside. Very happy with it.
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) 20230530_083018
Perfect. That is exactly the shot I was looking for. It looks really nice and "factory". I will order it today. Thanks for the quick response with pics.

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
Get it fixed under warranty. This is how mine looks. I think they did a great job and it definitely doesn't leak. When it is replaced under warranty you get new glass too.

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) rear window 2
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) rear window

Sponsored

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Get it fixed under warranty. This is how mine looks. I think they did a great job and it definitely doesn't leak. When it is replaced under warranty you get new glass too.

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) rear window
That looks great! Unfortunately, the dealers (contracted out to auto glass installers) here replace with the same rear window assembly with the same part as the leaky ones (without any additional weatherstripping). I like the textured weatherstripping on yours. It looks even more "factory". Any idea if it was installed by the glass installers or if it is a Mopar part?

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher

The dealer sent it out to a glass company.

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I would love to if it turned out like yours. I think a lot of it depends on the dealership. I have called 2 local dealerships here and they will no longer process a rear window leak due to so many issues/time it has taken to correct it in the past. They referred me to another Jeep Dealership that is over an hours drive away. Also, several members have stated they have had it fixed at their dealership for it leak again later or damage to the top. Your repair looks great.

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
The dealer sent it out to a glass company.
Dealer did mine they brought in an outside company. I think (need to check better) it still leaks. It looks NOTHING like your repair yours looks professional

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
If it looks like this, the dealer will replace the entire rear window under warranty. There's an entire thread on people that have had this done but I can't locate it right now. I did have to wait about 3.5 months for the repair but the amount leaking was minimal and was contained with a towel.

Yea I had that happen to me too the seal has a plastic piece of trim between the vehicle roof and the gasket and the plastic cracks and it leaks just like that. Mine had it in three places. I posted photoes of it prior with the window taken off. My insurance covers windows for free so I just had safelife do it.
Sponsored