Sponsored

2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window)

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
Dealer did mine they brought in an outside company. I think (need to check better) it still leaks. It looks NOTHING like your repair yours looks professional
I considered myself very lucky. Also, the reason I know they replaced the rear window was because they left the old one in my truck bed.
Sponsored

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
I would love to if it turned out like yours. I think a lot of it depends on the dealership. I have called 2 local dealerships here and they will no longer process a rear window leak due to so many issues/time it has taken to correct it in the past. They referred me to another Jeep Dealership that is over an hours drive away. Also, several members have stated they have had it fixed at their dealership for it leak again later or damage to the top. Your repair looks great.
I feel very lucky with the repair that I got. I think the key to mine was the glass was replaced with new glass and the trim piece. I have no idea what they used, but it is textured like my top and I cannot find the seam, so it is one piece, like a rubber band.

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator,1993 Jeep Wrangler,1967 Camaro
I feel very lucky with the repair that I got. I think the key to mine was the glass was replaced with new glass and the trim piece. I have no idea what they used, but it is textured like my top and I cannot find the seam, so it is one piece, like a rubber band.
I would pay good money for that seal. They would make a killing if they would sell it to the public. Apparently, there is a huge demand for something that works.

Sgt. Pepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I tried the silicone vacuum tube as well as a couple different diameter foam rubber seals, but my leak persisted. Finally put on a window weather stripping (rubber moulding). It doesn't appear as clean without it, but it won't leak now. I sealed it across the top with some silicone sealant.

20230325_160920.jpg

20230325_160959.jpg

I bought mine through GT Glass. Similar product may be avialble elsewhere. I searched on Amazon, but a Google search took me to GT Glass.
https://www.gtglass.com/pages/search-results-page?q=m25

I got the 25mm, which looks just fine. I think 19mm would be too small, as it won't cover the gap and sit flush at the top corners.

20230325_173337.jpg
recently experienced leak and out of warranty, thanks for this. I'm waiting on the molding. In the meantime gorilla tape lol

IMG_7176.jpeg

IMG_7177.jpeg

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
recently experienced leak and out of warranty, thanks for this. I'm waiting on the molding. In the meantime gorilla tape lol

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) IMG_7177

Jeep Gladiator 2020 Gladiator rear window leak (so far i suspected the actual small opening window, but actually it is entire top of the window) IMG_7177
Very functional! Mopar should just put a part number on a roll of tape and refer to it on a service bulletin. Maybe even just include it with every JT.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
The fact that Jeep WON'T address this with an updated design is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that they give ZERO FUKS.

This is a massive hassle for anyone trying to address through the warranty. Thank goodness we can jalopy our rigs with vacuum hose since Jeep is too stupid to fix it.

@JeepCares

^ lol

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Mine just started leaking today, short of three years with no issues. Taking it to the dealer next week.
Sponsored