Sponsored

2020 Jeep GLADIATOR Pickup (JT) Model Name Leaked on FCA Media Site!

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks Jay for the update. Have to say this is the first update that disappoints me.

In this case I'd rather Jeep have called it "Wrangler Pickup" if not "Gladiator".

And actually I think the "Overlander" name would have been fantastic as a model name.

But I'm really NOT happy with the Gladiator name as this truck isn't the true spiritual successor to the Gladiator name. SCRAMBLER is the true spiritual successor as it was the truck made from a stretched CJ-7.

Just like when they stole the "Renegade" trim package name from CJ-7 for that no-balls hipster IFS/IRS mini-utility car instead of giving it to Wrangler as a trim package name instead of Sport (i.e. Renegade, Sahara, Rubicon).

Have to think this decision was reached via focus groups and perceived marketability. Hell, if the focus groups said to install baby bottle warmers, sliding side doors, and TVs that's what they'd do.

Mine will be the first JT debadged of "Gladiator". Any "Jeep" or "Rubicon" badging is welcome to stay.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
dont know as overly struck by either name to be honest i think ill just refer to it as a jt

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
The name Gladiator is cool. I will name mine “ KIrk “! After the best Roman of all time. Kirk Douglas!

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
As an original Gladiator owner who bought mine new in 1982, I've had mixed feelings about reviving the Gladiator name. I've refused to refer to the new truck by that name, using JT instead. I'll be much happier owning a Gladiator. The 2005 concept truck has been one of my favorite Jeep concepts since I first saw it at that year's Jeep Safari. But if anyone still has their heart set on owning a real Gladiator, mine will be for sale as soon as I can order a Gladiator.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Wait! If the truck is called “Gladiator” then it leaves “Gladiator” to be used to name a trim level.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
As an original Gladiator owner who bought mine new in 1982, I've had mixed feelings about reviving the Gladiator name. I've refused to refer to the new truck by that name, using JT instead. I'll be much happier owning a Gladiator. The 2005 concept truck has been one of my favorite Jeep concepts since I first saw it at that year's Jeep Safari. But if anyone still has their heart set on owning a real Gladiator, mine will be for sale as soon as I can order a Gladiator.
You will come to regret selling the old scrambler. Don’t do it.

kjvlv

First Name
kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pickup
We have just confirmed the 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT) name! The below image which was sent to us, was screen captured from a new section of the FCA media site. It briefly appeared before it was quickly pulled from the site. I have confirmation from our long-time trusted source that this is real.

Source: " I actually went to the media site and saw the page. I saw it on my iPhone browser and on Google Chrome."

Stay tuned as we'll be making the switch to JeepGladiatorForum.com in the coming days. :like:

Also, we've confirmed the following 2020 JT pickup truck trims and codes:
  • Sport Pickup JTJL98
  • Overland Pickup JTJP98
  • Rubicon Pickup JTJS98
Screenshot:

jeep-gladiator-pickup-media-screenshot.jpg

We're getting close!! :rock:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...gedly-leaks-online/ar-BBPxdWD?ocid=spartandhp

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
You will come to regret selling the old scrambler. Don’t do it.
I know I will regret it...been there done that. It was just listed by Hagerty as one of 7 vehicles to buy "before things get out of hand." I sold it in 1996 and bought it back in 2016. But since then, I've discovered that I seem to be more interested in preserving it than in driving it. I won't take it out in wet weather and have a hard time abusing it on trails. Trading/selling my 2016 GMC Canyon and selling the Gladiator will come close to paying for the new Gladiator...but there's still a chance I'll hold onto the Gladiator as an investment and parade vehicle. It kinda depends on how much a Rubiator (Gladicon?) is gonna cost.

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm in a similar place @Moabite. Drove a CJ-7 back in the day. For years I've had a FJ40 and then later picked up a FJ60. Now they are too valuable to use as intended offroad. And to be honest they are so outdated to drive on the highway. Already sold the latter...and soon the former too...both will fund a JT where I won't feel bad driving it on or off road.

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
Thanks Jay for the update. Have to say this is the first update that disappoints me.

In this case I'd rather Jeep have called it "Wrangler Pickup" if not "Gladiator".

And actually I think the "Overlander" name would have been fantastic as a model name.

But I'm really NOT happy with the Gladiator name as this truck isn't the true spiritual successor to the Gladiator name. SCRAMBLER is the true spiritual successor as it was the truck made from a stretched CJ-7.

Just like when they stole the "Renegade" trim package name from CJ-7 for that no-balls hipster IFS/IRS mini-utility car instead of giving it to Wrangler as a trim package name instead of Sport (i.e. Renegade, Sahara, Rubicon).

Have to think this decision was reached via focus groups and perceived marketability. Hell, if the focus groups said to install baby bottle warmers, sliding side doors, and TVs that's what they'd do.

Mine will be the first JT debadged of "Gladiator". Any "Jeep" or "Rubicon" badging is welcome to stay.
I agree with everything said here but there is nothing stopping us from putting Gladiator decals on the hood and stuff.

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
Gladiator would be a good name for a 2dr model.
Sponsored