Sponsored

Leaked Full-Bodied CAD Drawing of 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT), Sources Says Four-Door Only

Warrior Class

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon, Yamaha Raptor 660
I think you're right. The front and rear wheel wells look very different in size in the CAD image but in all the recent spy pics the front/rear look about same size.. The CAD image's rear well looks more like the first mule using the Ram bed (but with a squared arch as if it's been designed specifically for the JT). Different bed sizes maybe?

jeep-wrangler-pickup-16-jpg.jpg

VS.

2019-jt-jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-9-jpg.jpg
I like you theory of multiple bed sizes! If we can't get a 2-door Gladiator at least give us multiple bed size options.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Dexter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator
This CAD also shows the sports bar off a lot.
True that sport bar look just like that on the JL (2 Door) but will still be kinked on the JLU since that's already been seen.

I see it has the fender vent still but not in the renders. If the whole front is the same does that mean the windshield can be folded down? I think I see the hinges.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
I see it has the fender vent still but not in the renders. If the whole front is the same does that mean the windshield can be folded down? I think I see the hinges.
The renders were based off early leaked info. I would believe the CAD that the vents will be there. I personally wish they wouldn't but...
The windshield is questionable. I don't recall seeing verification of it folding or not. I would hope and think so. That would certainly set it far apart from any competition. BUT lack of the "grab" handles seen in the JL I am inclined to think it will not fold down.

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
The renders were based off early leaked info. I would believe the CAD that the vents will be there. I personally wish they wouldn't but...
The windshield is questionable. I don't recall seeing verification of it folding or not. I would hope and think so. That would certainly set it far apart from any competition. BUT lack of the "grab" handles seen in the JL I am inclined to think it will not fold down.
Yea if the fender vents are in the CAD it'll for sure be on the JT.

Why wouldn't the JT windshield fold down if the JL does though? I don't think they'd design and produce another windshield design (one that doesn't fold) just for the JT. And the lack of grab handles shouldn't affect whether the windshield folds or not?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume the grab handles are trim pieces and bolt on, hence why they are not part of the CAD.

Sponsored

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
I think you're right. The front and rear wheel wells look very different in size in the CAD image but in all the recent spy pics the front/rear look about same size.. The CAD image's rear well looks more like the first mule using the Ram bed (but with a squared arch as if it's been designed specifically for the JT). Different bed sizes maybe?

Jeep Gladiator Leaked Full-Bodied CAD Drawing of 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT), Sources Says Four-Door Only {filename}

VS.

Jeep Gladiator Leaked Full-Bodied CAD Drawing of 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT), Sources Says Four-Door Only {filename}
To me the CAD looks exactly like the test mules with the 'final' bed (ie: second photo). Keep in mind the camo'ed rig has flares which greatly reduce the size appearance of the wheel wells, vs the CAD which has no flares. The vertical line on the camo in the second photo matches up pretty well with the front of the bed in the CAD, and the odd flap on the camo could help hide whatever oddness the flare does there where it transitions from the bed to the body.

I wonder if the flare will be a two-piece design, with the front lower portion on the body, similar to how some SUV's have the front of the rear flare actually mounted to the door? Or will the front lower portion of the flare 'float' over the cab?

I highly doubt there will be multiple bed lengths though. The wheelbase is already long enough as it is (closer to a Taco 4dr longbed) and it'll only have about a 5' bed. At this point in the ballgame, with all the leaks we've seen, if the JT was going to have multiple cab and/or bed configurations, I think we'd already know it.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Yea if the fender vents are in the CAD it'll for sure be on the JT.

Why wouldn't the JT windshield fold down if the JL does though? I don't think they'd design and produce another windshield design (one that doesn't fold) just for the JT. And the lack of grab handles shouldn't affect whether the windshield folds or not?
Good point. I am just talking out loud mostly. Playing a little devils advocate. Like I said I would hope and think the windshield folds. Only reason I mention grab handles is my thoughts were they would play a part in lowering the windshield. Maybe not though. I just wouldn't want to have to handle the glass without some type of support. Probably more likely the handles aren't seen on mules because the JT isn't as off-road focused as the JL.

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Never owning a Wrangker before besides it being kick ass. What is the appeal to being able to lower the windshield.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Never owning a Wrangker before besides it being kick ass. What is the appeal to being able to lower the windshield.
Bugs in the teeth. LOL j/k .... well sort of. I have never done it as on the JK its a PIA to put the windshield down, but a lot of guys like running slow off-road trails with it down for a full open air experience.

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
it looks from the cad drawing, they covered the expose exhaust by lowering the rear side of the truck bed, and completing the full arch of the rear fenders. I was curious how they were going to do that, looking at the Prototype model they have been testing. I know Brute used an AEV rear bumper to close in that space, and make the smooth transition, and I do love the look of a wrap around rear bumper!

Sponsored

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the Fourth of July parade!!
Take the top off, doors off, drop the windshield, through on some red, white, and blue streamers, crank up "Born in the USA", pile the kids and the dogs in, and go!

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have their been any spy shots, or further proof of the JT coming in a soft top, besides the dealer order form? I would LOVE to see a best soft top on the JT!

The cad drawing is looking like it might have a traditional 3 piece removable top, rather than the speculated removable panels. Any thought?

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
it looks from the cad drawing, they covered the expose exhaust by lowering the rear side of the truck bed, and completing the full arch of the rear fenders. I was curious how they were going to do that, looking at the Prototype model they have been testing. I know Brute used an AEV rear bumper to close in that space, and make the smooth transition, and I do love the look of a wrap around rear bumper!
I don't think the rear quarter panel of the bed in the CAD model comes down as far as you're thinking. The very bottom of the back of the rear sides are still above the door sills in the CAD model, which matches up with the test mules, which I would pretty much guarantee are running production beds by this point. I'll be very surprised if the JT doesn't have a wrap-around bumper similar to the AEV Brute DC. The rear bumpers on the mules still appear to be modified RAM bumpers.

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the rear quarter panel of the bed in the CAD model comes down as far as you're thinking. The very bottom of the back of the rear sides are still above the door sills in the CAD model, which matches up with the test mules, which I would pretty much guarantee are running production beds by this point. I'll be very surprised if the JT doesn't have a wrap-around bumper similar to the AEV Brute DC. The rear bumpers on the mules still appear to be modified RAM bumpers.
yeah looking back at it, it does look high than I first thought. I guess it is the angle of the drawing. A wrap around bumper would be awesome!