Sponsored

2020 Jeep GLADIATOR Pickup (JT) Model Name Leaked on FCA Media Site!

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
Couldn’t help mysel.
upload_2018-11-10_22-42-3.jpeg

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
there is nothing stopping us from putting Gladiator decals on the hood and stuff.
The first thing I did when I got my Gladiator home in 1982 was remove the hood decals. It's not that I disliked the name, I just didn't like the decals. Mine doesn't say Gladiator anywhere on it. But if you get the hood in just the right light, you can see a faint outline of the old decals. If the new truck says Gladiator on the hood, I'll most likely remove that immediately also.

Last edited by a moderator:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I love the look of that tailgate and the font on the Jeep that said, not sure it would match the modern styling on the front end. I think it would look weird with the retro modern mix.

Sponsored

Jeep383-S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392, 1968 Plymouth Barracuda 383-S
I love the look of that tailgate and the font on the Jeep that said, not sure it would match the modern styling on the front end. I think it would look weird with the retro modern mix.
True

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
While Gladiator makes more sense, as a Wrangler derived pickup, I think Gladiator is more marketable. Of course, that ensures that no half ton will come down the pipe. No surprise, really, but disappointing nonetheless.
I totally agree. Gladiator is much tougher sounding than Gladiator. Trucks these days all have much more rugged names like Colorado, Tacoma, Canyon, etc. Gladiator is definitely a better fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I totally agree. Gladiator is much tougher sounding than Gladiator. Trucks these days all have much more rugged names like Colorado, Tacoma, Canyon, etc. Gladiator is definitely a better fit.
For the non Jeep person, I think that Scrambler sounds like it belongs at the carnival. Is the Zipper next down the pipe?

Last edited:

JBails33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prospective JLU/JT owner
I hope it has some design DNA from the old Gladiator.

upload_2018-11-9_21-4-19.png
upload_2018-11-9_21-6-29.png
I’ve been saying the same thing. I know it won’t but I’m really hoping it will have a different front end. Especially if it’s getting its own name.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I’ve been saying the same thing. I know it won’t but I’m really hoping it will have a different front end. Especially if it’s getting its own name.
Part of me is holding out hope that this is why we've only seen the bag camo.

A production mule with a JL front end and sticker camo should be the progression. It would all but guarantee the final design.

But if they were planning a big surprise for the unveiling, keeping the bags on JK/JL mules would help bolster the idea that it will simply be a JL front.

I can dream...

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I can dream...
It's good to have a dream. I like your reasoning and hope the full camo for so long does mean we'll be surprised. I feel like there isn't much they'll be able to do that surprises me at this point... I've looked for too many spoilers and details for too long. Maybe I should avoid the forum until the 20th. (c:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
It's good to have a dream. I like your reasoning and hope the full camo for so long does mean we'll be surprised. I feel like there isn't much they'll be able to do that surprises me at this point... I've looked for too many spoilers and details for too long. Maybe I should avoid the forum until the 20th. (c:
Ahem.... 28th...

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Ahem.... 28th...
Lol, I typed 20th... was all.. "whoops" and corrected it... but alas, I'm sure there is some wishful thinking that affected my typo.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase