Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
There is no thread on the 2021/2022 Jeep Wagoneer. Jeep just posted a countdown to... something? having to do with the Wagoneer release, and they have been teasing it for some time. I thought I would start a thread where we can chat about it and keep one another up to date on the wagoneer news.

Lets start with some pics!
Jeep Gladiator 2021/2022 Jeep Wagoneer wagoneer-feature

Jeep Gladiator 2021/2022 Jeep Wagoneer 19xx-wagoneer-ad.jpg-nggid044344-ngg0dyn-800x600x100-00f0w010c010r110f110r010t010-610x458

Jeep Gladiator 2021/2022 Jeep Wagoneer 2021-jeep-wagoneer

Jeep Gladiator 2021/2022 Jeep Wagoneer Screenshot_20200830-120921
Sponsored

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Looking forward to seeing how Jeep did with the return of the Wagoneer. One of my favorite classic 4x4s. I have an 86 in my garage waiting to be restored.

Jeep Gladiator 2021/2022 Jeep Wagoneer BA9BA88F-BCDD-419A-A898-F503BD6C2771
Jeep Gladiator 2021/2022 Jeep Wagoneer F32286F9-A01E-4596-9D0A-8B482A3327A0

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Looking forward to seeing how Jeep did with the return of the Wagoneer. One of my favorite classic 4x4s. I have an 86 in my garage waiting to be restored.

Dang that is pretty!!! I can't wait for Jeep to share some more on it. My grandparents had a commanche and a wagoneer when I was growing up, so the gladiator and the new wagoneer have been on my radar for me and my wife.

My biggest worry is that they will put the wagoneer in range rover territory in terms of pricing. I think they are trying to hit the luxury segments with this release. If they put it out of reach of traditional jeep enthusiasts (im thinking 70k+) that will be a huge misfire.

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

this video might give everybody a window into the mind of the chief design officer when they were planning the new wagoneer. They restored a 60s wagoneer and made it off road ready.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
The Wagoneer is official. Wagoneer will start at 50-60k it is rumored, and the grand wagoneer, a special trim, could go up to 100k. So far no news of wood paneling options. The tech looks insane (impressive and shiny, though we will opt for less tech than the model shown). What do you guys think? Jeep has my wife on board, as of now. We will see when they finally come out.

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT
What is “sustainable polyurethane”, for the seating?
Are we in fear of running out of polyurethane? What tropical rain forest does polyurethane grow in?
And for the ecological set this aimed at, polyurethane isn’t exactly very recyclable.

Also, doesn’t sound very luxurious for 70k+.

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
What is “sustainable polyurethane”, for the seating?
Are we in fear of running out of polyurethane? What tropical rain forest does polyurethane grow in?
And for the ecological set this aimed at, polyurethane isn’t exactly very recyclable.

Also, doesn’t sound very luxurious for 70k+.
To paraphrase Michael Jeffrey Jordan, "Hippies go into debt to buy overpriced vehicles too."

Like you, I am not too impressed by touch screens and polyurethane. I like the heritage, the reliability that jeep promises (Over Land Rover), the styling, the third row, and the ability to tow things. We won't be buying it if its 70k+... we will see if a base model fits our needs.

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Interesting no "Jeep" badging from what I can see; simply "Grand Wagoneer". Research has shown "Navigator" and "Escalade" have more brand equity than Lincoln and Cadillac (respectively), so perhaps Jeep is keying off that...

As for the overall reveal...I like it....a lot...there is a lot of vehicle and brand equity here, so they had to get it right...

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Interesting no "Jeep" badging from what I can see; simply "Grand Wagoneer". Research has shown "Navigator" and "Escalade" have more brand equity than Lincoln and Cadillac (respectively), so perhaps Jeep is keying off that...

As for the overall reveal...I like it....a lot...there is a lot of vehicle and brand equity here, so they had to get it right...
Yes, I found all of that interesting as well. I think they are aiming at creating the same kind of brand equity that Range Rover has as a trim/segment of land rover.

One thing my wife is most interested in is whether or not Jeep will decide to go the same route they did way back in the day: a small wagon and a big wagon. She's not so sure that she is capable of maneuvering a suburban as a daily drive, but she likes the size of the smaller tahoe, so long as it has the third row of seating. I think the direction in which Jeep goes will be make or break for us, as well as whether or not the cheaper trims can offer the kind of features we want. Will the cheap trims be like the Range Rover Velar which has many of the same features? Or will it be like the Wrangler/Gladiator Sport, which skimps on the features that make the vehicle desirable in the first place? I'd like to see a nice balance, but I certainly dont need or want 7 touch screens.

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
100k is a pretty hard pill to swallow for a Jeep. Takes me a bit to accept a new style, but first thought is a Land Rover and Tahoe went on a date.

Bruce

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, they made a comment that sounded like they may be creating a new brand called Wagoneer and multiple size and vehicles will be part of that. Seems like they may be heading to Jeep being the rugged and Wagoneer being the luxury divisions. Interesting. Probably trying to avoid watering down the rugged Jeep name (although the Compass and Renegade have done a good job of that already) and creating a following for the Range Rover crowd. Not sure the name Wagoneer brings up feelings of extreme luxury or class like Land Rover though. I love the name (and have fond memories of the original) but I would not want a Range Rover and would much prefer a lower price point and rugged features over luxury features. I feel like the original Wagoneer was still a dirt road camping vehicle and the new one seems more made for pavement only.
Sponsored