First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I feel like it's a hardware issue, not software. I'd love to be wrong about that.
Your not! The resistance in that circuit to the center console is high. That is what is causing the disconnect. Jeep knows this is the issue, but they don't want to pay to replace that harness in every Jeep Gladiator that has already been manufactured.

Admitting it, even just to fix it for new vehicles would make them liable for the millions of dollars to fix this in every Gladiator that has the problem. You know they aren't going to do that. If it ain't killin people, they will not fix it!
Sponsored

tylercranston

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your not! The resistance in that circuit to the center console is high. That is what is causing the disconnect. Jeep knows this is the issue, but they don't want to pay to replace that harness in every Jeep Gladiator that has already been manufactured.

Admitting it, even just to fix it for new vehicles would make them liable for the millions of dollars to fix this in every Gladiator that has the problem. You know they aren't going to do that. If it ain't killin people, they will not fix it!
Do you know what part or component specifically is responsible for the failure? I am interested in having this fixed.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Do you know what part or component specifically is responsible for the failure? I am interested in having this fixed.
No, you can get to each end, but without disassembly, I have no idea how to get to the middle areas or how many connections there are. A few people have found low impedence cables that allowed their phones to work, but when I tried them they didn't work for me.

ScubaSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Director
I just picked up my iPhone 13 pro max and have nothing but issues now while being connected to CarPlay, I use the phone and usually disconnects 1-2 times each call and I go to speaker to resume the call very annoying it’s gotta be 100% the new iPhone and software update that’s making the CarPlay not work correctly I had a XS max before the 13 and worked perfect…. I will be trying 15.0.2 today to see if that helps at all
Same issue here, went from an 11 ProMax to a 13 ProMax and disconnects within 5 minutes (calls and maps). Did you find an fix yet?

MissionMan

First Name
Athol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Director
So far I’ve found the CarPlay 2Air collected to the dash is flawless. I used double sided tape to stick on the top of the usb flap so us didn’t look untidy and my phone sits in a wireless charging mount with the cable hidden in the dash

Sponsored

Toten Unterhosen

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Crap! Sadly I, too, have joined the folks struggling the center console USB and CarPlay. Picked up my Gladiator in April of last year and have been successfully using the center console USB connection until yesterday. I ”upgraded” from my old iPhone XS running iOS 15.3 which had been working flawlessly with the XS and all current and previous versions of iOS to a new iPhone 13 Pro also running iOS 15.3. Using the same USB port and cable as the previously, I have the ~5-min disconnect.

What I have noticed is that sometimes when CarPlay drops all my Uconnect apps in the menu tray function. Other times, they, are frozen and none of them will respond. Extremely frustrating and had I known I was going to have this experience and that it appears to be common, I would have kept my old, reliable phone.

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
Same boat, iOS 15.6.1 on an iphone SE2.

I’ve done hard resets on both the stereo and the phone, gone back to default settings on both end confirm the Siri and CarPlay settings.

It appears I no longer get to have CarPlay.

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
Update to this thread - Jeep cares reached out and gave me a list of suggestions...obviously did not read the post they replied to...I have the same issue as before, after 10-15 mins it starts the audio crackling and drop out, and cuts the ability to turn up the volume louder than like 60%. So I figured I would add on here what I have done and what I think the issue is.
1 -Changed out all the USB ports and cables
2-Reset the Headunit according to Jeep Cares steps
3-Reset my phone tried it on multiple phones
4-Removed the head unit and check for any sort of heat issues
5-tested it on ALL audio ports and not just CarPlay, and the issues is only related to car play
6-Tried a multitude of different cables
7-Tested all the same things in my wife's Wrangler...same unit same year...same issues
8-Took to dealer and they have recreated the issue multiple times with no fix
9-JEEP WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT THE ISSUE

So what I believe the problem is, is the Digital to analog converter inside the head unit that converts audio from usb to be heard through the wired speakers is going into safe mode. This is happening due to either an overheating issue, or due to an over usage of watts. Thats what I think at least. There is no way to fix this outside of redesigning the stereo. This why it is happening on only 7"head units and not the other head units. Anyways, any updates would be nice...thoughts?

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
So I jus Stopped to check in on this because my 2020 Rubi which has been working flawlessly up to now, just started doing this on the way back from a camping trip. Dashboard usb, IPhone ProMax 14, iOS 16.0.3, 8” headunit.
Jeep Gladiator 2021 Apple carplay issues? 966A8AA3-3D68-4F5D-8746-B73541489D10