First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
not sure this is apples to apples, but when i put an aftermarket receiver in my 2012 ram , Apple Car play would only work under a certain length cable don't remember exactly but think it was 24" and under cable and no issues. Anything longer or any hub and would become glitchy. So maybe why it is working better with dash port than console?
Sponsored

Gundler

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare, Business Development
I removed my USB cable from the center console so I'm no longer tempted as using the failed CarPlay there, and only hook-up to the dash's USB. Zero failures since I started doing that.
Yup...went the entire weekend with no issues using the dash USB. Really damn annoying as I don't like having my cable always protruding from the dash area...I can see someone breaking that door off.

Does anyone know if there is a way to connect a 3rd USB option right off the back of the head unit? (8.4" unit) I'd like to run a USB cord into the glove box area to keep it clean and out of the way.

Morphling

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Galdiator Diesel
Yup...went the entire weekend with no issues using the dash USB. Really damn annoying as I don't like having my cable always protruding from the dash area...I can see someone breaking that door off.

Does anyone know if there is a way to connect a 3rd USB option right off the back of the head unit? (8.4" unit) I'd like to run a USB cord into the glove box area to keep it clean and out of the way.

YES - SO MUCH THIS. I was looking for writing diagram of the front dash USB plugs and was literally going to jury rig something to the back of the USB plugs.

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
So I’ve had CarPlay before and in the new 2021 with the 8.4” screen using a new cable and USB in console it CONSTANTLY locks up CarPlay on the screen.
Anyone else having this issue with 2021’s? It’s both annoying and unsafe.
I am not having the exact same issue. Its not locking up, but it is producing a static noise after 3-5 mins of music. I have tried multiple cables and same issue. Also the heavier the music, the more compression...which is very strange. And it does not do this when I bluetooth in. Any thougts>
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys

2tall

First Name
Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
Hi All - To the people that DM’d Jeepcares was your issue resolved in that you center console now works for the phone?

Sponsored

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Just another data point, but these types of flacky CarPlay issues are not limited to just the 8.4" screen. My 7" display also has odd issues. I wouldn't describe it as "disconnecting" as you guys have, but more like glitching audio - like an old, scratched, CD. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes of usage, and then it happens very often.

My dealer has recreated this problem, and agrees something is broken. They've even replaced the head unit, but no dice.

Again, I understand this is different than the exact issue discussed here, but close enough that I figured Id' share. Jeep clearly has some very broken software here. No other vehicle I own has these kinds of issues.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I am not having the exact same issue. Its not locking up, but it is producing a static noise after 3-5 mins of music. I have tried multiple cables and same issue. Also the heavier the music, the more compression...which is very strange. And it does not do this when I bluetooth in. Any thougts>
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Hi All - To the people that DM’d Jeepcares was your issue resolved in that you center console now works for the phone?
If you'd like to send us a private message with your VIN and current Uconnect software levels, we'd be happy to look into this for you. If you need help finding your software version:

• Simultaneously press and hold hard buttons:
    • Driver Up Temp - Driver Down Temp - Front Defrost

• For radios without hard buttons. On Uconnect touchscreen, simultaneously press and hold the lower left and lower right icons.
    gTPPyCXaC4zLYN1iAyS_c8jjqU6Q0wvLKab5cCDVwTB1kvd=s0.png

Just another data point, but these types of flacky CarPlay issues are not limited to just the 8.4" screen. My 7" display also has odd issues. I wouldn't describe it as "disconnecting" as you guys have, but more like glitching audio - like an old, scratched, CD. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes of usage, and then it happens very often.

My dealer has recreated this problem, and agrees something is broken. They've even replaced the head unit, but no dice.

Again, I understand this is different than the exact issue discussed here, but close enough that I figured Id' share. Jeep clearly has some very broken software here. No other vehicle I own has these kinds of issues.
We hope our team can help you and your dealer reach a resolution! We're appreciative of your patience throughout the process.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
Just picked up my pretty new gladiator last week (21) and am unhappy to report that my carplay in my center console drops constantly. Pretty disappointing coming from a 50k plus vehicle.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up my pretty new gladiator last week (21) and am unhappy to report that my carplay in my center console drops constantly. Pretty disappointing coming from a 50k plus vehicle.
Yep same as everyone else here. It’s crap to say the least with no TSB or fix at all

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Mine works perfect. Sorry guys.

Sponsored

TGC22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Willys
Mine works perfect. Sorry guys.
Your usb socket inside the center console works correctly? lies lol

iOS15 just came out so I’ll give that a try and see if it fixes it

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design

The problem is high resistance. There have been a few people that have found ultra low resistance cables and their phones work. I tried ordering one of the cables someone else was successfully using but didn't have the same results. I am sure if someone was willing to remove the whole center console and chase the wiring back to the source to be able to replace the high resistance (cheap ass) connections Jeep used it would resolve the issue. It just isn't that important to me. It may be doable, but it would be a lot of work.

I am still befuddled by the fact that Jeep would bother to install something and not care if it worked, but then again FCA has been recognized as one of the worst manufacturers in the world for the entirety of my lifetime. They wouldn't want to ruin that record would they? I mean hell, they bought Mercedes and managed to ruin the quality there!

TGC22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Willys
The problem is high resistance. There have been a few people that have found ultra low resistance cables and their phones work. I tried ordering one of the cables someone else was successfully using but didn't have the same results. I am sure if someone was willing to remove the whole center console and chase the wiring back to the source to be able to replace the high resistance (cheap ass) connections Jeep used it would resolve the issue. It just isn't that important to me. It may be doable, but it would be a lot of work.

I am still befuddled by the fact that Jeep would bother to install something and not care if it worked, but then again FCA has been recognized as one of the worst manufacturers in the world for the entirety of my lifetime. They wouldn't want to ruin that record would they? I mean hell, they bought Mercedes and managed to ruin the quality there!
Yeah iOS 15 lasted 4 minutes...

Interesting, that would make sense (or not if you wanted it to work).

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase

Mine (2020) hasn’t had any issues in the 4 months I’ve owned it including the IOS 15 update. I’m using the cable that came with my iPhone 11. I’d like to try a wireless adapter if anyone has any suggestions.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Ya that's the one I use.

It runs for hrs and hrs music gps etc all running on my road trips. I use a 3' Anker cord.

Sponsored