First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Body shop Manager
I found a little work around for my issue, I resorted to only using the USB 1 port and created a shortcut on the iPhone to shut off WiFi when Carplay is connected and it turns WiFi back on when its disconnected . It only happens once or twice a week now instead of multiple times a day like before. (forgot to mention i had to set it to open Pandora website, not the app) and i just read about turning off bluetooth but that would interfere with my watch but it could be added to the automation as well

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Apple carplay issues? 8CCDBAFB-263C-49BF-BC33-95E856832006
Sponsored

Last edited:

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just started having issues with my 2020. I get a device not supported message when plugging phones into the USB ports in the front. Does the same with android. Tried several new cables and no luck. Won't even charge them.

tylercranston

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I previously owned a 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and had no issues with CarPlay in the center console port.

I traded it in last week for a 2021 JT Gladiator Rubicon and CarPlay through the center console port drops every few minutes. Reading the response from Jeep it seems like this is an iPhone issue, however I used the same iphone in my previous jeep and had no issues. There must be a hardware or software difference in newer Jeeps?

Last edited:

MissionMan

First Name
Athol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Director
Just started having issues with my 2020. I get a device not supported message when plugging phones into the USB ports in the front. Does the same with android. Tried several new cables and no luck. Won't even charge them.
I had this happen randomly for a day or two and it returned to normal

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
There is a troubleshooting procedure my dealer gave me when they said they’d need 6 hours to look at it. It was essentially update the phones software, unpair from the UConnect and the Phone, repair and advise back.

It immediately stopped working with the console USB port, but seems to now work fine with the USB port on the dash. I’ll switch back to the console and report back, I’ll also try and upload the troubleshooting documents given to me by the dealer.

Sponsored

n8leav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Eco
FWIW, here is a pic of the form I got from my service advisor. The freeze has only happened once or twice since.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Apple carplay issues? 9B9AA4A7-1656-4176-B924-2DA362CB6055
Tried this, doesn’t work unfortunately. Continue to have multiple freezes on each 5 min drive.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Tried this, doesn’t work unfortunately. Continue to have multiple freezes on each 5 min drive.
Mine only does it with the the center console usb, all others work flawlessly but I don’t like the messy cable look.

Sponsored

Cleadens

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My 2021 Jeep Gladiator is a week old. I didn't experience any issues initially with the dash port but I hated the cord all over so I bought the WeatherTech cup phone and used the center console port. It is very sporadic but loses connection and annoying. Today it lost connection before I even put the Jeep into drive.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
My 2021 Jeep Gladiator is a week old. I didn't experience any issues initially with the dash port but I hated the cord all over so I bought the WeatherTech cup phone and used the center console port. It is very sporadic but loses connection and annoying. Today it lost connection before I even put the Jeep into drive.
Welcome to my world. mine started the first long drive at around 100 miles. They have never even tried to fix it. Jeep doesn't care!