Sponsored

2021 Bronco

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
One thing that the report can't take into account ....many of the vehicles made by Dodge and Jeep are vehicles that people beat on. What a well used Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Hellcat, or many Porsches go through compared to a Honda Civic is obviously going to be quite different
Right...but irrelevant of all that, Lexus and Porsche have been the top two for many years.

Additionally, a Lexus owner would take their car in from a slight whistling noise when going 68mph in a slight crosswind...
Don't forget that they're ranking initial quality, not long-term. This is I believe issues that come about in the first 3 months of ownership and I can say that largely, those issues tend to be more superficial or the result of an obvious manufacturing defect.

The long-term dependability lists are decidedly less in favor of FCA. These tend to be larger issues with premature failures that are less superficial in nature and come with vehicle wear.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco 1595344034654

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
You can always tell whether the list is even half way right.

As long as Land Rover is at the bottom, you know they are at least somewhat right!

Don't forget that they're ranking initial quality, not long-term. This is I believe issues that come about in the first 3 months of ownership and I can say that largely, those issues tend to be more superficial or the result of an obvious manufacturing defect.

The long-term dependability lists are decidedly less in favor of FCA. These tend to be larger issues with premature failures that are less superficial in nature and come with vehicle wear.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco 1595344034654

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I think the new Bronco is ugly. The Sport looks like an overinflated Mini Cooper. Ugly, no thanks.

Sponsored

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I love the competition but it's just not doing it for me.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I love the competition but it's just not doing it for me.
Yea, I dont think too many folks shopping for a JT or JL would have much interest in the Bronco Sport. More likely they would be cross shopping the Bronco. IMO, the Bronco doesn't match up well with JT purpose wise considering the Bronco is a SUV and the JT is a truck. Both are purpose built. That's why I am getting both. I have reserved a Bronco Black Diamond as well as currently shopping for a Mojave.

Jeep Gladiator 2021 Bronco 1596676354790

Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Thats the sport, not the regular Bonco.
Basically its a re branded Escape

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I think I saw that bronco. I was in the hills north of SIlverthorne, and saw a bronco with black wrapping all over the rear and Michigan plates. I was in the gladiator and the guy definitely didn't want to hang around. He bailed on me when I saw him TWICE. I have a video I need to process into frames to see if I have a decent view.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I think I saw that bronco. I was in the hills north of SIlverthorne, and saw a bronco with black wrapping all over the rear and Michigan plates. I was in the gladiator and the guy definitely didn't want to hang around. He bailed on me when I saw him TWICE. I have a video I need to process into frames to see if I have a decent view.
I saw lots of manufacturers doing high altitude testing when I lived there. There's a shop in Aurora that does a lot of it. You are correct, they do not like to stick around.