2021 Gladiator High Altitude Thoughts?

Keller

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Meh, like the leather treatments but the wheels and other bits are a no go for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Im actually digging the blackout out Wrangler, I would like to find the blacked Jeep Badges and foglight wells.

Not sure if it was posted, my quick search didnt bring much

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30754595/2020-jeep-gladiator-wrangler-high-altitude-photos-info/

1590588406419.png

The High Altitude treatment brings color-matched bumpers, fenders, hard top, and other exterior pieces. The kit also includes extensive LED bulbs for the headlights, fog lights, and taillights. A pair of running boards with an integrated step and a matte black Trail Rated badge are standard, too. Perhaps most notably, both the Gladiator and Wrangler will roll off the assembly line on 20-inch wheels. These black-painted rims represent the first time either model is available with dubs from the factory.

Swing open the Jeeps' removable doors, and fans familiar with the brand might think they're stepping into a Mercedes G-wagen. That's because Jeep jazzes up these High Altitude models with layers of black or gray leather throughout their cabins. The material covers their center consoles, dashboards, and door panels. The seats wear even richer nappa leather and feature attractive quilted stitching.

1590588519818.png

Every Gladiator and Wrangler with the High Altitude trim is loaded with desirable standard features. These include driver-assistance technology such as automatic high-beams, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert. Its infotainment system boasts an 8.4-inch touchscreen, an Alpine audio system, built-in navigation, and a Wi-Fi hotspot. Owners won't have to fiddle with a fob to lock and unlock the doors, either, thanks to passive entry.

While we're not too interested with the reduced ruggedness of these luxed-up Jeeps, the company will find out how popular these particular High Altitude models are when they go on sale in the second quarter of this year.
Black Jeep badges stock on sport models.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First they talk electric Gladiators, and now this abortion... Mark Allen is starting to frustrate me, to say the least... Design and build something awesome, and then screw it all up in less than a year... WTF are you thinking man??? Your design team needs to be fired!

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
First they talk electric Gladiators, and now this abortion... Mark Allen is starting to frustrate me, to say the least... Design and build something awesome, and then screw it all up in less than a year... WTF are you thinking man??? Your design team needs to be fired!
Despite the large amount of people that do modify jeeps for functional offroad use, I'd guess the majority sold are just daily drivers/grocery getters. I wouldn't be surprised if these sell a lot. 20s don't appeal to me on anything, so I'd be out on this, but I'd definitely look into an electric.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Despite the large amount of people that do modify jeeps for functional offroad use, I'd guess the majority sold are just daily drivers/grocery getters. I wouldn't be surprised if these sell a lot. 20s don't appeal to me on anything, so I'd be out on this, but I'd definitely look into an electric.
I build everything to suit my purposes, and if it's 4wd, it's getting at least a leveling kit and 35" mud tires (I hunt, fish, and offroad a lot). My JTR had it's first mod on the way within the first 2-3 days of ownership...And I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

20's are ok, if you run at least a 35" tire. Anything less, and you're running thin on sidewall (in my opinion). My 20's and 37's have more sidewall meat than the stock 33's on 17's do...

Electric vehicles should stick to the asphalt... It's destroying the spirit of Jeeps to make an electric Wrangler or Gladiator, IMO. I could give a shit about any other Jeep model, as I don't really consider them "real jeeps"... Cherokees up until around say 2002 or so, were real Jeeps, but after that they started going full-on soccer mom, IMO.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Not everybody is you. You build what you like . believe it or not most people buy a vehicle and just drive it. You seem to be taking this as a personal insult.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not everybody is you. You build what you like . believe it or not most people buy a vehicle and just drive it. You seem to be taking this as a personal insult.
No, you seem to be taking this as that I'm taking it as a personal insult. I could honestly give 2 fucks, because I don't plan on ever buying one. Stop assuming shit. I'm simply explaining my opinion...Which is part of this new thing called "discussion"...You know, that thing forums were designed for... :like:

What i am, is shocked and appalled at these auto designers (from all companies) level of stupidity, and it seems as if they're just doing stupid things to vehicles to see if they can, and how many they can sell. And because of all this new stupid shit, there seems to be more problems and more recalls than ever before. And also that they're turning offroad vehicles into domesticated grocery-getters and soccer-mom mobiles. For example, there should NEVER have been a such thing as s 2wd Wrangler. Just like there should have never been a such thing as a Mustang or Challenger without a V8. It's all personal opinion...But the world is getting "softer" and the auto manufacturers are starting to represent that.

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not for me but.... Well if it would have been out here in Huntsville area already you could bet most would have been gone from dealerships in days. The dealership I got mine from has moved over a dozen this month, most are Overland model's they only had a few Sport, Sport S and few Rubicon's most of them was Overland's. Realtors and like want a status vehicles to drive clients around in. There is a large influx of people that are in high salary's to Huntsville.

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
No, you seem to be taking this as that I'm taking it as a personal insult. I could honestly give 2 fucks, because I don't plan on ever buying one. Stop assuming shit. I'm simply explaining my opinion...Which is part of this new thing called "discussion"...You know, that thing forums were designed for... :like:

What i am, is shocked and appalled at these auto designers (from all companies) level of stupidity, and it seems as if they're just doing stupid things to vehicles to see if they can, and how many they can sell. And because of all this new stupid shit, there seems to be more problems and more recalls than ever before. And also that they're turning offroad vehicles into domesticated grocery-getters and soccer-mom mobiles. For example, there should NEVER have been a such thing as s 2wd Wrangler. Just like there should have never been a such thing as a Mustang or Challenger without a V8. It's all personal opinion...But the world is getting "softer" and the auto manufacturers are starting to represent that.
You’re shocked to see a company do things to see if they can sell more of their product? Damn those businesses for trying to be profitable!! Those idiots! I’m appalled!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I think it's perfect. Take off those wheels and tires, throw 17s on with 315/70s, and maybe a small lift. BOOM. Gorgeous and functional Jeep.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Funny that people hate these and call it a mall crawler or poser Jeep. Yet I can bet 95% of Jeeps with even bigger tires have probably never been off-road. More people buy Sahara’s and Overlands than any other trim, because they will never take them off-road. What’s wrong with building a trim level that appeals to those people’s. Altitude and High Altitude Grand Cherokees sell hand over fist over the Trailhawks.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing

To be fair, their job is to sell cars and there are two subsets of Jeep buyers with one thing in common. It's a great open air vehicle that can do a lot of things. The differ in whether they just want something stock for around town or want to take them for offroad adventures. Both are great and I like a combo. It's my daily driver, so I appreciate having adaptive cruise control, lane warning etc. that are not needed for off road, but also appreciate being able to get the options on my Rubi to make it great for offroad trails without me having to do all the mods myself.

It's great that people can buy a stripped down version and DIY over time or a fully configured ready to go version. There are markets for both, and I'm sure there is a market for the High Altitude as well. I didn't think there was a market for a 700hp Grand Cherokee either and I was wrong.
Sponsored