Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I just hope they release a late year Gobi like color.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I just hope they release a late year Gobi like color.
I'll bet they bring it back. A year, two? When I observe all the different colors of Wranglers on the road, it's a lot more than the current offerings. I think it is just marketing. Keep changing things to keep Jeep lovers coming back for more.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
My hard top is collecting dust and unless something crazy happens don't see it going back on my truck
My dad's JKU top sitting in my yard for 3 years before I ordered my JT was what made my decision. He put it on after I got my JT for 4 months or so and it is back in the yard.

There are a few times I thought it would be nice to have, but having to remove the brackets for the soft top would have made it a dealbraker for me. The savings I got was huge by going soft top only.

My situation is a little different though. My JT is strictly a truck and a convertible for me, if its raining all day I take the car for the commute. Family trips are the Van if the weather isn't fun for the JT.

TCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler LJ
I saw a youtube video that tested with a magnet and it came out that the shell of the cab and the bed of the truck were the only parts not aluminum....so, pretty much firewall back minus doors, top, tailgate (and of course fender flares) are not aluminum
The Mojave has a steel hood. I tested this with a magnet after lifting the hood on a Mojave at my local dealership and wondering why it was so heavy. The hood is also raised along the side in comparison to all the other models and has raised cowl corner sections to match. The center section is unchanged. But because of the raised corner sections many of the aftermarket accessories that attach to the cowl corners are not likely to fit as originally designed, in particular the Mopar snorkel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
Exactly. It's what is in my Mojave
Something like this:

or-Seating-Modelizer-Mojave-Leather-Steel-Grey_o-1.jpg
Ok, I remember when they had said hood and doors were aluminium but not any of the other stuff. I presume "Fenders" in this case is referring to quarter panels? Or is the reason that all but the base Sport have painted fenders now... because they're making them out of aluminum and needing to paint them? That'd be a curious change.

But maybe they've said they were aluminum all along and I just missed it.

Edit: They've said aluminum all along.
I'm pretty sure the hood on my mojave is steel. It weighs a ton.

Sponsored

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
I tried ordering a Gobi one day too late. I still really like Gobi, but finding one locally would cost thousands more than factory ordering a Jeep with all of my options.
1 altitude, 1 Rubicon and 2 Mojaves at the dealer in Edmond Ok.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I would buy that gecko in a heartbeat, although I don't know that it's better than the JL Mojito. Honestly, love them both. Wish mine was that color.

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
I would buy that gecko in a heartbeat, although I don't know that it's better than the JL Mojito. Honestly, love them both. Wish mine was that color.
add some brightness to your day, you know eventually they will

20200818_191227.jpg

20200818_160336.jpg
Sponsored