Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
You are mixing up transfer case ratios and differential ratios. The transfer case remains 4.0 : 1. The differential changes from 4.1 : 1 to 3.73 : 1
C'mon man. Take time to build from the link and you will see.

4:1 Rock-Trac® Full Time 4WD System
$695
OPEN INFO MODAL TRANSFER CASES

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer

$695
You can't order that transfer case option or 4.10 gears if you choose the diesel motor. If you try either they both take you back to the gas engine.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
If you also get the Diesel in the Rubicon then you don't get the 4:1 Transfer case. Very troubling that Jeep appears to be putting an engine in with capability that it's drive line and chassis can't handle. At least it appears that way.
Well go ahead and try to add the 4.1 transfer case when the Diesel motor is selected. It makes you choose the 3.6 gas.

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.gladiator....RC,DFT,DMF,Z1B,SDD,TW2,WFJ,D5,UAG,DHF,24R,JEL
There is no such 4.1 transfer case. Probably a typo, but it is true that the system changes the 4.1 differential to 3.73 if you select the diesel engine.

I did.
$695
With the Rubicon, you absolutely get the 4:1 Rock-Trac Part time 4WD. However, if you want the diesel, you cannot choose the optional 4:1 Rock-Trac FULL TIME 4WD.

edit: Just to clarify, the Part Time is a 3 position transfer case shifter (2H, 4H Part Time, 4L), the Full Time is a 4 position shifter (2H, 4H Part Time, 4H AUTO -aka Full Time, and 4L)

In both, 4L is the 4:1 gearing.

Last edited:

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I'll be looking for the best SoCal deal I can find now. Have to settle for silver since Jeep screwed the pooch on color selection IMHO. Really disappointed at the loss of different lighter shade colors like Gobi and Gator. Oh well, wish me luck on the deal hunting.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
You can't order that transfer case option or 4.10 gears if you choose the diesel motor. If you try either they both take you back to the gas engine.
But to clarify, his original post said he couldn't get the 4:1 transfer case. On the Rubicon you do get the 4:1 PART TIME, but not the option for the (4:1) FULL TIME transfer case.

Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
But to clarify, his original post said he couldn't get the 4:1 transfer case. On the Rubicon you do get the 4:1 PART TIME, but not the option for the (4:1) FULL TIME transfer case.
But to clarify, your original post said I was confused between transfer case and differentials. No, I was confused not knowing there was 2 different Rock-Trac systems.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I'll be looking for the best SoCal deal I can find now. Have to settle for silver since Jeep screwed the pooch on color selection IMHO. Really disappointed at the loss of different lighter shade colors like Gobi and Gator. Oh well, wish me luck on the deal hunting.
I’m in the same boat, and I have to wait til the end of the month.

I obviously have my preferences, but the only colors I won’t buy are black or Granite Crystal Metallic

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I’m in the same boat, and I have to wait til the end of the month.

I obviously have my preferences, but the only colors I won’t buy are black or Granite Crystal Metallic
I don't think we will see any new colors until after Oct. Not that I don't like some of the colors they currently offer but if I'm going to spend $60K+ on a new Rubicon diesel, I am going to want something that is going to work with my overland build. Right now the only color I see that will work is boring white. Yes I'd like to see Gobi or Gater (more of a military look than Sarge which is more like the Russian military color not a USA color).

I'm in no hurry, I have a 3.6 Rubicon now in granite crystal I can put plenty more miles on before I order a 2021.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I feel bad for the gator owners cus sarge will look hella better.
Ehh, I really like them both. I like the color of gator better, but the flatness of sarge is appealing.

I don't think we will see any new colors until after Oct. Not that I don't like some of the colors they currently offer but if I'm going to spend $60K+ on a new Rubicon diesel, I am going to want something that is going to work with my overland build. Right now the only color I see that will work is boring white. Yes I'd like to see Gobi or Gater (more of a military look than Sarge which is more like the Russian military color not a USA color).

I'm in no hurry, I have a 3.6 Rubicon now in granite crystal I can put plenty more miles on before I order a 2021.
I had a friend point out that Gobi and Gator are a little on the shinyer side of things to be true military colors. I kind of agree with him there. But Sarge is to dark as well.