2022 Rumors?

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Meh, I’ve waited this long an addition 8 weeks is no biggie if I can get the color I want, UConnect 5, and maybe a couple more tweaks.
For a turbo I-6 I'd wait months if I were an automatic buyer. For a Hemi + manual (aka Challenger combo) I'd cool my jets for a year :)
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
(Check my avatar and watch this...)

You guys that are all waiting on the '22s are all missing out on the unbelievable Gladiator Experience!
Why wait?
Order NOW!

lol

Kevin

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
(Check my avatar and watch this...)

You guys that are all waiting on the '22s are all missing out on the unbelievable Gladiator Experience!
Why wait?
Order NOW!

lol

Kevin
LOL but the orders are already closed. *sighs for those who didn't order*

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
As long as they keep the light Color leather seats option on the Mojave, and as long at the Mopar add on after market HOOD Lock can work with the front trail camera (they both seem to occupy the same place in space and time on the grill though) I am in for '22...

I am going to have the dealer install the Mopar Hood lock before I take delivery, perhapes thay can move the camera to one side or down (unless that screws up the camare visual inside the car)...

I'm flabbergated that a 50-60K$ truck does not come with a lockable hood. Who would have thoought? :facepalm:

Sponsored

ShirtlessCubsFan

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GLI, 2020 Mercedes GLB, 2022 Mojave
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Maybe a dumb question, but let's just say 06OCT is the MY22 order opening date. From past experience does anyone know if the online build tool updates on the same day or before that?

It would make sense to me that it would update prior so that people have time to settle on options.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Maybe a dumb question, but let's just say 06OCT is the MY22 order opening date. From past experience does anyone know if the online build tool updates on the same day or before that?

It would make sense to me that it would update prior so that people have time to settle on options.
I suspect the order guide will be out in October and build and price will update for 22s in November. Dealers are not going to want to wait on the 22 order guide as they have limited inventory. They will want to submit orders to build their allocation levels.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
As long as they keep the light Color leather seats option on the Mojave, and as long at the Mopar add on after market HOOD Lock can work with the front trail camera (they both seem to occupy the same place in space and time on the grill though) I am in for '22...

I am going to have the dealer install the Mopar Hood lock before I take delivery, perhapes thay can move the camera to one side or down (unless that screws up the camare visual inside the car)...

I'm flabbergated that a 50-60K$ truck does not come with a lockable hood. Who would have thoought? :facepalm:
There are lockable side latches as an alternative to the one in the center by the trail cam.

Sponsored

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
There are lockable side latches as an alternative to the one in the center by the trail cam.
Yes thanks, I am cognizent of those, and will use them as a back-up plan...The hood lock is a better solution IMO, but the side locks will have to do if I have no choice...

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hoping the Grand Cherokee reveal today will maybe give a hint in what 4xe powertrain may wind up in the Gladiator unless its the 2.0 turbo but I think its been mentioned that it doesn't have the durability to belong in the Gladiator for towing. Still not sure it would show itself as a '22 year model though. I only think the Recon package may make it to the '22's and thats it. Sadly I think the Wrangler has all the focus with new features to compete against the Bronco for now.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Someone on amazon is selling and claiming he has the side hood latches which lock and they are "Original factory equipment". I have no idea what exactly this means as he dosn't list them as MOPAR parts.

Amazon.com: Sukemichi JL Hood Latches, Original Factory Locking Hood Latch Kit for 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler JL & Jeep Gladiator JT, 1 Pair, Black : Automotive
I had a pair of those. They did look like the stock latches. Then the brightwork started rusting within in weeks.

Kevin